ups is so poor

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
thats impressive. Have you noticed less body fatigue and soreness from the job when you work out? 4am is one hell of a early start to the day! how many miles round trip is the ride?
Was 26 but after we move this weekend it will be 22. Way less fatigue and zero soreness from work. I'm actually training for several races that are coming up and thinking about trying a triathalon next year sometime. Not a full though, maybe a sprint.

Okay, now I'm tired. 3hrs of sleep should be just fine, UGH. Oh, and, UPS ain't poor.

NHDRVR

I know I will probably be slammed for this reply but, anyway here goes...Honestly tell me the reason why a person has to be BRIBED with cookouts, donuts, ect. to do the job they are paid to do in the first place.
I could never understand this. Lets eliminate whether Ups can pay for it. I just wonder how upset these same people get when they read about public corruption. Isn't it the same thing...taking something to perform the job you are already paid for?

I don't think any of us would honestly care if we never had another cookout again. I just want some consistency with UPS. Don't tell me about losing money and cutting out fruit on Wed. or a single cookout while I am delivering the golf balls and shirts for the UPS executive golf outing we have here in southern NH.

Just some consistency...that's all.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I know I will probably be slammed for this reply but, anyway here goes...Honestly tell me the reason why a person has to be BRIBED with cookouts, donuts, ect. to do the job they are paid to do in the first place.
I could never understand this. Lets eliminate whether Ups can pay for it. I just wonder how upset these same people get when they read about public corruption. Isn't it the same thing...taking something to perform the job you are already paid for?

It was never the point of being bribed to do the job right. It was to thank the workers for working safe and SAVING the company money by staying off comp and having no accidents.

Our center has had a record number of people on comp this year. I have never seen so many NEW faces on comp than ever before. The telematics and the cutting of the routes have made all the drivers work harder, work longer, and in turn the bodies begin to fail them. To have us work at 100% efficiency like a robot will hurt UPS more than they will ever know!

Obviously, IE will never see a correlation in these numbers because they are to busy making up numbers for everything else. With the amount of people on comp, there was no way we were getting a BBQ anyways, let alone get a cold bottled water after a humid day.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
It was never the point of being bribed to do the job right. It was to thank the workers for working safe and SAVING the company money by staying off comp and having no accidents.

Our center has had a record number of people on comp this year. I have never seen so many NEW faces on comp than ever before. The telematics and the cutting of the routes have made all the drivers work harder, work longer, and in turn the bodies begin to fail them. To have us work at 100% efficiency like a robot will hurt UPS more than they will ever know!

Obviously, IE will never see a correlation in these numbers because they are to busy making up numbers for everything else. With the amount of people on comp, there was no way we were getting a BBQ anyways, let alone get a cold bottled water after a humid day.
Your center will start a new trend. Instead of safety food you guys will get Ace Bandages, Crutches and Band Aids.:sad-little:

P

pickup

Didn't some of us in another thread talk about boycotts of barbecues paid for by the safety money? I.E walking past them and not partaking of the food in protest of the underlying safety issues?

BBQ's? I wish we had those! We've always got wal-mart chicken or burgers and hot-dogs(rarely) for a no injury month, haha. one time a few years ago we had chik-fil-a! That was good. and one time we had dougnut holes but I missed that one thankfully

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
well, that is true...we are usually the ones doing the cooking and i have snagged a burger :)
You should be out looking for & or following up on leads,NOT cooking burgers.We can hire a short order cook for that at 7.55 an hour!! You my friend should be cooking up business !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jennie

I was going to write something like this too. It is to thank us, which makes all workers feel good about going to work. When I worked in an office there was always someone bringing in food, and I wasn't lifting boxes, lol.

Hey, I think you're on to something there. That would be awesome if each employee bought their own recognition award and brought it in to show it off. "Hey look at this new rod and reel I bought", "look at my new boat", LOL, that would be hilarious.
Several years ago our management was giving windbreakers to those on the safety committee with the UPS logo and all. One of you drivers that was always on the radar for running over allowed walked in one morning wearing a $300 leather jacket and proudly announced that UPS "bought" this for him.....in overtime wages. LOL, he wasn't the type of guy that any driver would want to emulate in any way, but it was damn funny at the time.

Oh, excuse me...Dang funny.

rushfan

I was told on my yearly "ride along" in feeders, that the feeder dept needs to cut an hour a day out of each run, and I quote, "For the company". Yep for "the company"
We had our noon-day hub removed about 6 months ago. The part-time sups were moved to other hub shifts. Currently, each hub shift is doubled up on sups. IMHO, having worked for us for 15 years, we are overstaffed.

It seems to me, we are overstaffed. How about another "buy out" like there was in the 90's. I know a few managers/supervisors who would jump at the chance. One in particular was hoping something like that would happen earlier this year.

-Just my 2 cents

Work right slow and safe

Its not a bribeb to get all your co workers together off the clock for a free meal and tell them good job keep up the work.
we would get one once a month and they would ask us what we would want in n out , taco lady, hot dogs and bugers- if it makes you workers happy then they will work better

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I am selling allllll of my DAVID ORTIZ & MANNY STUFF and giving all the money to the company to pay back for all the days I was PAID OVAH !!!!!!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Didn't some of us in another thread talk about boycotts of barbecues paid for by the safety money? I.E walking past them and not partaking of the food in protest of the underlying safety issues?

GOod luck with that. In small centers it could work but not in the large hubs. Too many company suckups and those types.

upssup

We as supervisors do not choose to go out and "spy" on drivers. I would much rather be here in the shop making sure that the cars are safe and operable. I do not do it to be busting the drivers. I do it because I am directed to do so by Corporate. I thought originally that this was a waste. After doing it now for a couple of months I understand why we have to do it. The old "1 percenter" line fits. 99 percent of the drivers do everything correctly or at least safely. I have had to stop drivers in route for doing thing that could result in accidents or pedestrians getting hurt, not only that but THEY ARE DOING IT IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE! Now if anyone wants to object to me doing this in the name of safety, please address this with me because you cannot defend doing things in an unsafe mannor!