ups is sucking the life out of me!! CHEMA SUCKS!!

Lycurgus

Hubs (or this industry for that matter) tend to have that effect from the monotony. Then again, this industry as a whole does that. Best thing you can do is remind yourself that intrinsic motivation is vital or ingest amphetamines. ;)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The hub pretty much sucks up here too.

It is the nature of the job. Piece work is not meant to be enjoyable. You go in, do your 3.5, you go home. You get paid on Friday.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
just wondering how it is everywhere else?:sick:

It's why they call it a job ... we do it for money.
Only a lucky few get to earn money doing things that brings a sense of purpose in their life.
A job is a means to make money, not a way to have meaning or purpose in your life.
The key to getting value out of life is find something you are passionate about and derive a purpose in life from that experience.

BCFan

Atl hub is very cool. They have ferris wheels and log rides to cool down the hub rats along with ice cream socials every Tuesday and Thursday. On Friday the bosses all do the hourly jobs while the employees have safety meeting with pizza and beer. Once a month a drawing is held for a new car to improve morale. Heck on a few occasions the division manager actually imports hookers and adult dancers for the amusement of the hourlys. BC

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm am... I would love to only have to drive 2 miles to and from the building instead of 52 miles.

I work 51 miles from my house.
I spend on average 15 hours a week commuting.
I told my management, "I am retiring from the commute, not from the job."
If I lived 2 miles from work, I would probably work another 5 years.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Atl hub is very cool. They have ferris wheels and log rides to cool down the hub rats along with ice cream socials every Tuesday and Thursday. On Friday the bosses all do the hourly jobs while the employees have safety meeting with pizza and beer. Once a month a drawing is held for a new car to improve morale. Heck on a few occasions the division manager actually imports hookers and adult dancers for the amusement of the hourlys. BC

hahha he wouldnt have to look far down Fulton Industrial to find the hookers!

UPSGUY72

I work 51 miles from my house.
I spend on average 15 hours a week commuting.
I told my management, "I am retiring from the commute, not from the job."
If I lived 2 miles from work, I would probably work another 5 years.

I spend about 10 hours commuting. I leave my house at 7:15 and someday's I don't get home until almost 9:00. If I didn't get bumped out of the PITMA building I would Be able to leave my house at 9:40 and get home before 7 each day.