UPS is the mafia

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
we had a guy that was threatening to bring a gun to work and take out a couple managers that were always harassing him. nobody took him seriously but it disturbed me. i raised concerns to fellow drivers and one manager that i trusted.

not sure if anything was done about it but the driver quit soon afterward. he was a 15 year driver that walked away. last i heard he was working for another trucking company and was doing much better.
Anything serious like that where there is a possible immediate threat to the driver or another person, skip over trying to talk to other drivers and call your BA at the local right away. They can go to the person right away, get a feel for what's up and then proceed accordingly.

I had a guy with serious drug problems falling asleep standing up before work, totally out of it. Picked up the phone called the BA and they were there talking to him before he went on road possibly to hurt himself or others. BA was able to get him help and keep his job.

When something like a shooting is threatened you have to tell management too if it appears to be an imminent threat like the guy said,"I'm going to my car to get a gun, be right back" because that's immediate life or death.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
900x900px-LL-4c921d59_believe.jpeg

El Correcto

god is dead
RIP robbin williams and all the other people who took their life while mentally unstable. You guys shouldn't be pick at people who post this kind of stuff, :censored2: really does go south and even if these individuals threw him to the edge they most likely got loved ones who don't want to see them dead.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
So..crazymiddleagewhite guy, what the plan? You feel you have been wronged, what to do now? Cant rage against the machine.

El Correcto

god is dead
http://pre15.deviantart.net/db75/th/pre/friend/2009/043/d/8/rage_against_the_machine_by_bobman32x.jpg
Seriously him not responding kind of makes me wonder if he is a troll or not. It was just a strongly worded message typed in a manner that would suggest the mental illness I mentioned above, the jumbled lettering and not looking back to realize his mistakes... Also all the paranoia and fear, even mentioning a history of trying to seek help for mental illness with no one institutionalizing him so he can be in a controlled environment, properly diagnosed and helped. Things like this shouldn't be played with at all and taken seriously. Especially in an industry with people known to go postal. Maybe you needa reminder? http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...o-bosses-self-ups-facility-birmingham-n209681

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Seriously him not responding kind of makes me wonder if he is a troll or not. It was just a strongly worded message typed in a manner that would suggest the mental illness I mentioned above, the jumbled lettering and not looking back to realize his mistakes... Also all the paranoia and fear, even mentioning a history of trying to seek help for mental illness with no one institutionalizing him so he can be in a controlled environment, properly diagnosed and helped. Things like this shouldn't be played with at all and taken seriously. Especially in an industry with people known to go postal. Maybe you needa reminder? http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...o-bosses-self-ups-facility-birmingham-n209681
Also could be the work of someone really pissed off, that found somewhere to post, to vent, and doesnt remember, where or what he posted. The majority of us have all been p'oed at one point or another, but killing our co workers or our boss, doesnt really come to mind. Sometimes just putting word on paper, or on the net, displaces anger, and hoping this is the case. Sometimes you just have to vent. And then its over. Better to take it out on faceless nameless people than your family, IN MHO

El Correcto

god is dead
I don't know how long I can take the pain suffering before I go get them and teach them what their parents should have taught them ( you don't abuse people for personal gain ) im sure you will see me in the news . ill be the crazy middle aged white guy that couldn't take it any longer yours truly , a tormented soal
In situations like this it's better safe than sorry. This guy even came back and put it into paragraphs without responding. Show signs of him realizing past mistakes or maybe just narcissistic pride (sign of ASPD) from people poking fun at his grammar.
If it was ASPD he probably would of fixed all the mistakes and left this as his perfect manifesto though. Probably drunk and venting, at least I hope so.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
In situations like this it's better safe than sorry. This guy even came back and put it into paragraphs without responding. Show signs of him realizing past mistakes or maybe just narcissistic pride (sign of ASPD) from people poking fun at his grammar.
If it was ASPD he probably would of fixed all the mistakes and left this as his perfect manifesto though. Probably drunk and venting, at least I hope so.
I fixed it into somewhat paragraphs, not him. You can look and see if was edited, so can he. Just venting I hope.

El Correcto

god is dead
I fixed it into somewhat paragraphs, not him. You can look and see if was edited, so can he. Just venting I hope.
Okay, I watch too much criminal minds :o.... I genuinely worry about :censored2: like this. People you think you can help and listen to their "venting" then they go off the deep end any ways. Good night best of luck to OP, life goes on without UPS. :censored2: them.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Okay, I watch too much criminal minds :o.... I genuinely worry about :censored2: like this. People you think you can help and listen to their "venting" then they go off the deep end any ways. Good night best of luck to OP, life goes on without UPS. :censored2: them.
I agree. Nothing, not even a high paying job, is worth ending your life or someone elses. I worry too. But, we gave him advice, some not so much, some actually care.

Dr.Brownz

All of you are :censored2:s. This guy was harassed by his management and his job was made a living hell and all you guys can do is make fun of him. he's just looking for social support somewhere maybe he doesn't have that in real life or maybe he's at the end of his rope and he doesn't know where else to turn. UPS is management culture is toxic
it shouldn't be a surprise when people start acting like this. If ups got on this I gurantee all they do is fire the guy and nothing else will change. Same toxic environment will produce the same results again eventually