UPS is the mafia

Dr.Brownz

Seriously him not responding kind of makes me wonder if he is a troll or not. It was just a strongly worded message typed in a manner that would suggest the mental illness I mentioned above, the jumbled lettering and not looking back to realize his mistakes... Also all the paranoia and fear, even mentioning a history of trying to seek help for mental illness with no one institutionalizing him so he can be in a controlled environment, properly diagnosed and helped. Things like this shouldn't be played with at all and taken seriously. Especially in an industry with people known to go postal. Maybe you needa reminder? http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...o-bosses-self-ups-facility-birmingham-n209681

Lol k there Dr. Freud

tacken

The sad truth about this. Is how many people at UPS actually have these feelings every day? The get it done attitude that they give us day after day can mount up. It is scary because if and when it happens and it will what then? How much pressure will they continue to throw on top of us? Some can handle it and some can not.

Dr.Brownz

The sad truth about this. Is how many people at UPS actually have these feelings every day? The get it done attitude that they give us day after day can mount up. It is scary because if and when it happens and it will what then? How much pressure will they continue to throw on top of us? Some can handle it and some can not.

I believe one day a term such as "Corporate Stockholm syndrome" will become a thing

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I don't know what was more interesting, the original post or the replies.

Comical but also very strange.

Without his identity, there is nothing that anyone can do to help or expose him. Unless you're a genius hacker on the level with groups like anonymous then all we can hope for is that this guy isn't serious about physical violence and retaliation.

It's pretty insane how stress can make people react and cry out.

Without his identity, there is nothing that anyone can do to help or expose him. Unless you're a genius hacker on the level with groups like anonymous then all we can hope for is that this guy isn't serious about physical violence and retaliation.

Or maybe he was drinking?

Orion inc.

I like turtles
we had a guy that was threatening to bring a gun to work and take out a couple managers that were always harassing him. nobody took him seriously but it disturbed me. i raised concerns to fellow drivers and one manager that i trusted.

not sure if anything was done about it but the driver quit soon afterward. he was a 15 year driver that walked away. last i heard he was working for another trucking company and was doing much better.

Sure you did. It's amazing you have a story about ups for every situation posted.

I call BS.

I don't even think you ever worked at ups.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How many centers/hubs in Arkansas have recently had a black manager from Detroit reassigned there?

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Or maybe he was drinking?
That could be it too. We all handle situations differently. Some are proactive and some reactive. This guy seems reactive to the pressure or situation he was in.

Either way, every hub and center has at least one person who probably can't handle stress and feels this way at times. With the amount of employees and buildings UPS has, the math is there. It's only a matter of time before some one takes it too far.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
How many centers/hubs in Arkansas have recently had a black manager from Detroit reassigned there?

I'm sure someone in security could track him down if they were really trying. Assuming he's telling the truth of his location or situation.

That's the problem. You don't know if it's just made up or fact.

That could be it too. We all handle situations differently. Some are proactive and some reactive. This guy seems reactive to the pressure or situation he was in.

Either way, every hub and center has at least one person who probably can't handle stress and feels this way at times. With the amount of employees and buildings UPS has, the math is there. It's only a matter of time before some one takes it too far.
It does happen . UPS just keeps it quit. Mr.Briefcase makes his visit and pays out some hush money.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
A few things:

I know of supervisors and managers who are probably more imbalanced and "crazy" than the OP...in part due to drugs and drinking

Also, 4.2% of the population suffers from SMI serious mental illness. Most are not treated, often unknown. That is over 4 out of every 100 UPS'ers you see day-to-day in operations.

Just some food for thought

Returntosender

In situations like this it's better safe than sorry. This guy even came back and put it into paragraphs without responding. Show signs of him realizing past mistakes or maybe just narcissistic pride (sign of ASPD) from people poking fun at his grammar.
If it was ASPD he probably would of fixed all the mistakes and left this as his perfect manifesto though. Probably drunk and venting, at least I hope so.
Years ago the Virginia Tech shooter posted his manifesto online about his problems with women. Then went to VT campus and shoot up the school a few days later.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Personally I think he was reaching out for support, but he did it wrong. I hope he is ok. Yes the toxic environment can get to you. You fight or you leave.

InRythmWithTime

I've gone big, now I'm going home
i read it, i feel like this person feels overly screwed over by a company he once trusted. I can appreciate that, in that understanding how one would feel to be on the wrong side of UPS and its might.

Sure you guys joke, but i for one would NOT put it past a MAJOR company to influence its agenda to any political group or news etc. I mean the sugar industry has been doing this for decades, not to mention the newer found issues with Monsanto and its link to RoundUp and all the horrible things connected to it, but no one mentions it because money buys the justice system.

I can guarantee any company of that magnitude and influence could make some poor guys life a nightmare without even lifting a finger.

Olroadbeech mentioned for him to get mental care, but unfortunately thats next to impossible with someone on a state or city welfare, the free places are filled with nothing but mostly half dead people whom have destroyed their brains with drugs.

To walk into a place like that a try and realistically find help and not be taken as a lowlife is impossible, not to mention the programs they offer are extremely short term and offer no real treatment in the long term. Its a cruel world, and without the "presentation" and a health care program to go with it, it will be very difficult.

Hope all goes well man, if I were you id try and take advanced of any community outreach or state systems, look for a new job and move on by this point.

InRythmWithTime

I've gone big, now I'm going home
U said it good my friend!! After reading some of the other comments, I was just about to create my own containing most of what u posted. u must be a cool cat!!. To the op DONT let any man, woman or company be bigger than you. and remember these fools cannot run this place to their own judgment ( they are ALL told to do so)! when analyzing your thoughts and actions remember they all have family's as well and do what is needed to provide...AMERICA