UPS Issues Social Media Guidelines

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoax, did they tell you to post that here?
Nope, just thought it was interesting and that the UPSers on Brown Cafe should be aware of the guidelines.
And once I read it, I felt I needed to put the disclaimer in my signature so everything I post is within the guidelines.
No one contacted me ... I don't think they totally approve of me ... but I do think part of their purpose of putting this info on a Blog was so that it would be distributed all over the Social Networking sites by UPSers.

I don't know if my new BC identity will include the disclaimer, if I had it to do all over again, I would not have my identity known.

Blizzard

I'm just curious. Some of us are known to Corporate. I wouldn't be surprised if Hoax was asked to post that on BrownCafe. It's nothing against Hoax, they know him as they know Steve and I. It would almost be likely that they'd ask him to post it, maybe in an aside off the record kind of thing.

Just asking....

We are lucky to have a company man keeping us on the straight and narrow

sosocal

It has always been my expirience that policies are hard (and more legally enforceable)....and guidelines are softer (and less leveraged by legal principles)....That being said, I have no problem with the issuing of the guidelines and they make sense in todays world. I think context and wisdom need to be applied....I think it is generally understood that posts on THIS sight are opinions, speculations, venting of frustrations, suggestions of ideas..., a forum of a common expirience. I do think many posts on here (even that I make) might be inappropriate in other contexts or sights. As a UPSER I enjoy this sounding board- I enjoy that myslef and others are anonymous. I do not want to hear opinions, frustrations or speculations about UPS on other sights where participants are not contextually connected.

JARHEAD

And...That's rite!
Sounds to me that "the company!" is just concerned about thier image. You couldn't pay me enough to work mgmt!!! They seriuously are the one's who are getting the....________!!!!

tieguy

Banned
I am often surprised that corporate does not have someone join this site and somehow try to sway or influence public opinion.

DS

Fenderbender
I am often surprised that corporate does not have someone join this site and somehow try to sway or influence public opinion.
Tie I missed you:wink2:
Seriously though this site caters to upsers,not the public.
Maybe hoax is right.
Maybe hoax is corporate.
Maybe you should change your signature:dissapointed:

satellitedriver

Since the blog /guidelines were about social media, maybe we can all just post as anti-social psychopaths?
Problem solved.
Corp and my center knows exactly who I am and what I post.
If they want me, they can come and get me,
and,
vice versa.

Disclaimer;
No physical threat was implied, or contemplated on my part.
Legal actions could result in my right of my opinion being suppressed.
Any and all of my posts do not contain any proprietary information owned or possessed by any corporation, named or unnamed.
All my posts are my opinion and do not reflect in any form ,shape or fashion a position taken by the owners/administrators of Brown Cafe.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Since the blog /guidelines were about social media, maybe we can all just post as anti-social psychopaths?
Problem solved.
Corp and my center knows exactly who I am and what I post.
If they want me, they can come and get me,
and,
vice versa.

Disclaimer;
No physical threat was implied, or contemplated on my part.
Legal actions could result in my right of my opinion being suppressed.
Any and all of my posts do not contain any proprietary information owned or possessed by any corporation, named or unnamed.
All my posts are my opinion and do not reflect in any form ,shape or fashion a position taken by the owners/administrators of Brown Cafe.

It was almost like one of those car commercial's.

satellitedriver

It was almost like one of those car commercial's.

My name is Steve,
you claimed, on Brown Cafe, your name was not Steve.
I see a law suit and me having a really cool bike.

Disclaimer;
I will only sue as a poster, not as a moderator of Brown Cafe.
Steve stole my name, but I will not seek injunction, unless he wins the Marathon.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

My name is Steve,
you claimed, on Brown Cafe, your name was not Steve.
I see a law suit and me having a really cool bike.

Disclaimer;
I will only sue as a poster, not as a moderator of Brown Cafe.
Steve stole my name, but I will not seek injunction, unless he wins the Marathon.

PHEW, that was close. I guess you know my odds of actually winning are quite low, as are my odds of actually placing in my age group. I'm just hoping to hang with the rest of ME's in the race.

*Disclaimer: Though my name is Steve, I'm not THAT Steve, and my signature, as always, still applies.

tieguy

Banned
Tie I missed you:wink2:
Seriously though this site caters to upsers,not the public.
Maybe hoax is right.
Maybe hoax is corporate.
Maybe you should change your signature:dissapointed:

Since you asked . Asking rather then strongarming is a refreshing change.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I was approached by the head of Corporate Communications last week and she said:
"The woods are lovely, dark, and deep, but I have promises to keep. And miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep. Remember. Miles to go before I sleep."

I had a strange tingling sensation in my right leg ... does this make sense to anyone out there?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was listening to a radion station today and heard John Tesh talking about the DO'S and DON'T'S of social media sites. One of the don't was posting stuff about your employer, which can get you fired...

...such as taking pictures of your on-car supervisor during a safety ride not wearing his seat belt with the door open and talking on his cell phone.

tieguy

Banned
I was approached by the head of Corporate Communications last week and she said:
"The woods are lovely, dark, and deep, but I have promises to keep. And miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep. Remember. Miles to go before I sleep."

I had a strange tingling sensation in my right leg ... does this make sense to anyone out there?

if my point was as rediculous as you try to make it out then why would you delete the post?