UPS Jeepers

Discussion in 'Life After Brown' started by mikeny, May 19, 2013.

1. mikeny

mikeny UPSer

anyone living the Jeep life on here? i own my 2nd Jeep, which is my daily driver/weekend warrior. don't personally know anyone at work that shares the same passion i do. but i did see the CJ after work one day.

post up your Jeeps...

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

I have a good friend with a Wrangler who I have ridden some trails with. Lots of fun along with a little terror. Did some engine and brake upgrades on a Cherokee with the 4.0. But no, I don't have the means for this scale of toy. Wish I did. I'm sure somebody will turn up. Good luck.
  3. rod

rod retired and happy

I had a CJ years ago. It had a 4 cylinder Hurricane engine that was runnig on 3 cylinders when I sold it. The guy who bought it asked me if it would pull a small camping trailer out to Wyoming. I told him "Hell it would be lucky to pull itself to Wyoming". He still bought it for a grand though. When I had it I installed a UPS auxillary heater on the passenger side because it was a cold vehicle to ride in in the winter. Our mechanic had thrown 2 almost new ones away right before some big inspection so I saved them from the dumpster. I think I still have the other heater somewhere in my treasure pile. After my Jeep I had a few 69 to 74 Ford Broncos. When it came to running gear they were 10 times better than what Jeep had but their weakness was that they rusted so bad.
    Last edited: May 19, 2013
  4. PT Stewie

PT Stewie "Big Fella"

I had a Black Sahara hard and soft tops traded it in when I went on the road at full time job for a stupid salesman car. My daughter had a Blue Sport.As soon as the payments are done on the dog I am driving now I am going jeep again cooler rack on the front with surf pole holders attached and striper fishing into the sunset of my life
  5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I had a 1983 CJ-5 soft-top when I was stationed in Texas. Had to sell it before making the move back to Upstate NY---soft-tops don't do too well in the cold. I loved it----I could take it anywhere and not worry about getting stuck.
  6. Rico

Rico Active Member

I have a 1952 M38.
  7. mikeny

mikeny UPSer

thanks for the replys! loves those original Jeeps, Rico.
  8. texan

texan Well-Known Member

Out of place as I do not own one as the OP posted, but I sure drove and worked on many
    in the Army. It was owned by all of you.

Nothing stopped my / your M151A2 Jeep. They would go through almost anything.

What a vehicle to drive in the 70s.
  9. Rico

Rico Active Member

Those little 1/4 ton M416 trailers for the M151 Mutts are getting pretty scarce these days.
  10. Rico

Rico Active Member

11. mikeny

mikeny UPSer

12. Rico

Rico Active Member

1002286_4505636894140_1691438017_n.jpg I had 4 10 year olds riding with me. They all got wet and loved every minute of it. The fording system earned its keep.
  13. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

I saw a Cherokee Classic today, all jacked up with a snorkel and plate bumpers and not a single scratch or dent!

​Your old flat-fender puts that to shame.
  14. Rico

Rico Active Member

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

Sweet. I'm sure some GI's did a lot like that and worse!
  16. Rico

Rico Active Member

Yea, and they also had the Army paying for PM and repair. I got to do all the work later of checking for water entry into the hubs and powertrain. Apparently I rebuilt the fording system correctly, because there wasn't any water to be found.

BSWALKS Easily Amused

18. Rico

Rico Active Member

I'm pretty sure that Dominic sold his shop and moved to Maine. I have met a couple of Deep Woods guys. Ryan Frost (Frosty) is the first that comes to mind
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013