UPS Job hopefully

solemnclockwork

About 3 weeks ago I applied for Package Worker. I was told it would take at least 2 weeks before the background check comes in. Being 3 weeks now, I have not heard anything from them. How long does the background check usually take? that said, I also did not get a phone number to contact the person who interviewed me, should I just call the hub I was interviewed at?

I also have recently looked at my application online, and they have changed it from package handler to air handler, could someone tell me what exactly does a air handler do?

Boxline3 Slave

Well, i can say this. It took my HR rep 2 months to call me for a appointment. Then after the 3 or 4 interviews at 4am in the morning i got a call 1 month later that i got the job. It takes forever for some reason to get hired (in Atlanta) at least.

Be calm wait it out, then reapply.

brett636

I guess it all depends on where and when you apply. I took me 2 weeks from turning in my application to my first day of orientation when I started, but thats been almost a decade ago(2000). My how time flies...

Well from what I have seen in the new hires recently unless your last name is Bin Laden or maybe Hitler you should plan on being at work on time.

Mr.Grey

About 3 weeks ago I applied for Package Worker. I was told it would take at least 2 weeks before the background check comes in. Being 3 weeks now, I have not heard anything from them. How long does the background check usually take? that said, I also did not get a phone number to contact the person who interviewed me, should I just call the hub I was interviewed at?

I also have recently looked at my application online, and they have changed it from package handler to air handler, could someone tell me what exactly does a air handler do?

ok quick and dirty like we run in the Air Sort for your anwser:

Ups takes for ever to make any decision . if you have the number call them and bug Hr . Mention that you notced the web up date and are very intered in the position. you want to also make sure at this time of year that it is not a season only job , but a permanate position . they may be jumping the gun for seasonal hires .seasonal is the very long way in the company. also your toast are if your back ground check isn't perfect for the last 10 years other than a speeding ticket (faa rules not ups). the GOOD news is Air is much easier with a ton less packages ( we charge a crud load so it a critical package to ship with us) just listen to your traing and if in doubt let it go by for someone who has been there a wile .the margin for error is much smaller but after the crappy learning curve it it awsome and you almost feel bad for taking the check , but ups made so much on every package and if you do you job then nobody cares .

4 years the oct 31st and never a bad day , plenty of tough ones but with the help everyone (management too) we all kicked the crap out of it and went home safe . good luck Welcome to Air.

solemnclockwork

thanks for the replies.

I'm only 21, and have no police history, so at this time I wasn't sure why the background check was taking this long. I'm going to call the hub next week, and see if that gets me anywhere.

solemnclockwork

I just got off the phone with one with them. (This is the number of the Hub I went to (502) 359-1805 Louisville Operations).

she told me they will call me if they have a job opening, and didn't even ask for my name or any info....

I feel like I been left in limbo here, with 4 weeks already passed I could of spent that time looking for another job. I wouldn't at least liked to know if the background check is done. I don't feel like my time has been used wisely now, in essence I feel bad.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I feel like I been left in limbo here, with 4 weeks already passed I could of spent that time looking for another job.

So go look around for other employment opportunity's. If they need you to contact them, the caller will leave a message

Years ago when I was pounding the pavement, I wouldn't consider a company serious about hiring me until I got a one-on-one interview.

Remember, nowadays there are many people applying for work, I'm sure the people manning the employment division for UPS are swamped.