UPS Johnstown Center Manager

PAUPSER

Anyone around here know why the UPS Center Manager of Johnstown, PA was quietly demoted to on car supervisor and sent back to the Altoona Center?

Anyone around here know why the UPS Center Manager of Johnstown, PA was quietly demoted to on car supervisor and sent back to the Altoona Center?

I heard he was demoted to part time sup and they like him so he is going to be a driver through the 6 for 1 provision in the contract.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Cause we don't want him to come to HARPA??

If he cared more about numbers and less about people he could skyrocket his way to Atlanta.

bigbrown11

I have a couple friends still at the center and they told me that he forgot to unload a trailer the monday after christmas and tried to cover it up by having the local sort scan the pacakges as closed holiday. I also heard that he was doing a s&v ride with an air driver and the air driver hit another package car at the pittsburgh airport and did not report the accident.

whiskey

I have a couple friends still at the center and they told me that he forgot to unload a trailer the monday after christmas and tried to cover it up by having the local sort scan the pacakges as closed holiday. I also heard that he was doing a s&v ride with an air driver and the air driver hit another package car at the pittsburgh airport and did not report the accident.

He must have done more than that. I've known center managers to make the same mistakes and they got promoted.

swen

Prolly the same reason that several in the Metro Jersey District have, they don't agree with the direction is heading. They don't like whats being done with the company and the way things are being run. By taking a demotion, center managers drop to on car supervisor yet retain the pay scale of a building manager. Things are being run poorly by management.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Prolly the same reason that several in the Metro Jersey District have, they don't agree with the direction is heading. They don't like whats being done with the company and the way things are being run.
By taking a demotion, center managers drop to on car supervisor yet retain the pay scale of a building manager.
Things are being run poorly by management.
We have two center manager paychecks in our building, too. center manager and on-car. Yes, the on-car was demoted. And, yes, he is very happy in his position.

johnoutdoors

Prolly the same reason that several in the Metro Jersey District have, they don't agree with the direction is heading. They don't like whats being done with the company and the way things are being run. By taking a demotion, center managers drop to on car supervisor yet retain the pay scale of a building manager. Things are being run poorly by management.

Swen, Metro/North/NJ District or whatever its called now has at least 3 division mgrs that were bumped down to center manager, let alone the number of sups that were once CMs. And they whine about paying us....

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You couldnt pay me enough to be a center manager for this company.

They are responsible for everything, they get blamed for everything, but they dont even have the authority to decide which hand to wipe their own butt with.