UPS LA County Wage

Permeance Flux

I recently started working package handler at a UPS hub in LA county. I was told by head supervisor during training period that if I passed certification I would get a dollar raise. My first two checks have came with pay rate remaining at 10.15/per hour. Was wondering if I should take this up with the supervisor by the time the next check comes around, seeing as I passed the certification and am now picking off every shift. Also, was wondering if the City Council vote on minimum wage increase to 10.50 that went into effect this July applies to UPS workers as well?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Lo
You near Compton? I've heard it's a SCARY place
Looks nice to me?

Mj75RA.gif

km3

I recently started working package handler at a UPS hub in LA county. I was told by head supervisor during training period that if I passed certification I would get a dollar raise. My first two checks have came with pay rate remaining at 10.15/per hour. Was wondering if I should take this up with the supervisor by the time the next check comes around, seeing as I passed the certification and am now picking off every shift. Also, was wondering if the City Council vote on minimum wage increase to 10.50 that went into effect this July applies to UPS workers as well?

There may be limitations on the minimum wage, such as what industry it applies to, where (City/County/Suburb) it applies, whether you only need to work or live in that location to get it, etc.. You'll have to dig in to that one yourself.

You don't get a $1.00 raise if you're still at $10.15. That extra $0.15 is from a different minimum wage law, and UPS will use it as an excuse to only give you $0.85.

If you worked in a location with a $15.00 minimum wage, with today's starting rate and annual raises, you'll be waiting 10 years before getting anymore raises (unless the government decides to give you another one).

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
You near Compton? I've heard it's a SCARY place

Welcome to 2016. High real estate prices in the Los Angeles area have forced redevelopment in formerly impoverished areas (the black community has declined significant).

Many of those scenes from 1990s rap videos now host Trader Joe's and Whole Foods...

MAKAVELI

The ordinance only applies to LA and unincorporated areas of LA county. So depending where that hub is located, the min wage ordinance may or may not apply.
Los Angeles County Approves Gradual Increases in Minimum Wage Starting 2016 -

watdaflock?

You probably won't get the extra buck raise until you specifically ask your supervisor/manager about it. Just ask if you're considered "certified" to get the extra buck.

Last edited:

watdaflock?

For near perfect weather year round many would gladly pay that much.
People forget about the earthquakes, the things that will eat you in the ocean, along with all of the other nut jobs living in California. Why the heck would anyone want to live there?

Suppose it's just like NYC. Some people will pay for the masses.

*imo- Flagstaff is the perfect city.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
People forget about the earthquakes, the things that will eat you in the ocean, along with all of the other nut jobs living in California. Why the heck would anyone want to live there?

Flagstaff is pretty nice you're right. But maybe people live where they do cause that's where they're from. That's where their family is. It's where they started a family and can't just move. Don't be such a wuss. Earthquakes happen all over this country not just the coast. Tornadoes in the Midwest, wildfires. If it's not one thing that'll kill us, it's another

MAKAVELI

Earthquakes? Big ones only occur every 30 or 40 years bro. Flagstaff is nice but you won't be wearing shorts and sandals year round. As far as why I like California. One word, Diversity. Culturally and geographically, no other state compares.

Brisket

Honolulu ( minus the $5.00/gallon for milk or whatever it is, and cost of living), but having to ship your car there would be a pain!

South Texas sounds good too.

jaker

trolling
problem with that thinking is, how can you enjoy it if you are paying $500,000 for the home?

all of your money has to pay the house payment.
California is a big state and yes you pay that much of you choose to live in those cities , but where I am at in Cali you can get 2300sq for around 400k

Hellobrown2000

You can't explain why california is so good. You either have lived there and appreciate all that it is or you just don't get it. Lived in sd for 5 years best time of my life.

wayfair

swollen member
California is a big state and yes you pay that much of you choose to live in those cities , but where I am at in Cali you can get 2300sq for around 400k
$400K here would get you a 3000+ house here with acreage!!

10000 W Hefner Rd, Yukon, OK 73099 | Zillow

10001 N Cemetery Rd, Yukon, OK 73099 | Zillow

14778 Kaelyn Ln, Yukon, OK 73099 | MLS #736920 | Zillow

oh dang...
9004 Chukar Rd, Yukon, OK 73099 | MLS #740995 | Zillow

233 S Triple X Rd, Choctaw, OK 73020 | MLS #748818 | Zillow