Ups life policy?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Are your locals not in Teamcare?
I thought UPS got out of the healthcare business for Union employees.

No, were not in Teamcare. Were in the 177 and Western plan.

Anyway, there is a big insurance company site that lets you shop a whole lot of companies at once. (Think Geckos, hint-hint).

No, were not in Teamcare. Were in the 177 and Western plan.

Anyway, there is a big insurance company site that lets you shop a whole lot of companies at once. (Think Geckos, hint-hint).
This guy, sold me my insurance.

tumblr_m8ewdspr701qedb29o1_r1_500.gif

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I believe it should be the same for anyone in the Teamcare U1 plan.

And I believe that everyone in Teamcare is now in the U1 plan.

There are still locals that are not in Teamcare. They have their own plans.

Are you in a local plan or Teamcare?

View attachment 31403

View attachment 31405

View attachment 31406
Intresting development, we are under TeamCare U2, not U1. Here are some pictures straight from the Teamcare website when you log in under your participant login, notice up top. Notice the difference in life insurance coverage as well, ours is 40k, yours would come out to around 68k as of the current top rate.
Also you have 10.00 copays, we have 20.00. Those are the things that stand out at the moment, just comparing the two. Might be a precursor for things to come your way.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Intresting development, we are under TeamCare U2, not U1. Here are some pictures straight from the Teamcare website when you log in under your participant login, notice up top. Notice the difference in life insurance coverage as well, ours is 40k, yours would come out to around 68k as of the current top rate.
Also you have 10.00 copays, we have 20.00. Those are the things that stand out at the moment, just comparing the two. Might be a precursor for things to come your way.

View attachment 31421 View attachment 31420
That is the old Teamcare plan. You should have been moved into the enhanced Teamcare plan when the contract was ratified last year.

I was under the understanding that those who were in Teamcare got moved into the enhanced plan just as those of us forced into it got.

What you are showing me is the plan that I had 10 years ago before I went into the company plan.

You need to check with HR, you should be in the same plan that I am in.

Oak

Why term rather than whole?
With whole life policies you pay for three things.

1) The death benefit
2) The savings plan
3) The opportunity to borrow from the savings plan

The problem is, you can only ever get one. The total amount of the death benefit. When the insured passes, only the death benefit is paid. The savings plan is GONE.

You can borrow from the savings plan at a very low rate. Wait! Borrow and pay interest ON YOUR OWN MONEY?

If you borrow from the plan, and the insured passes, the amount borrowed and not yet paid back is deducted from the amount of the policy.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
That is the old Teamcare plan. You should have been moved into the enhanced Teamcare plan when the contract was ratified last year.

I was under the understanding that those who were in Teamcare got moved into the enhanced plan just as those of us forced into it got.

What you are showing me is the plan that I had 10 years ago before I went into the company plan.

You need to check with HR, you should be in the same plan that I am in.
I'll look into it, though our deductables changed from 200/400 to 100/200 when the contract was ratified. Would be helpful if some other folks would chime in as to what plan they are in to see if this is a fluke or what. They might have just left us as is and since you guys were coming from the company plan, got enhanced benefits.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I'll look into it, though our deductables changed from 200/400 to 100/200 when the contract was ratified. Would be helpful if some other folks would chime in as to what plan they are in to see if this is a fluke or what. They might have just left us as is and since you guys were coming from the company plan, got enhanced benefits.
Should be $0 deductible until the last year of the contract.

http://teamster.org/teamcare

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Here's a link right from Teamcare.

It says $0 deductible for all UPS Teamsters. Not just the ones transitioning to Teamcare.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Wow. Look what I found. This is for local 769, but it says that employees who were currently in Teamcare (C6) plan will be transitioned to U2.

The new U2 plan improved your benefits, but not to the extent of employees leaving the the company plan and entering the U1 plan.

I thought everyone went into the same plan, but I might have been wrong.

1426146558129.jpg

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Wow. Look what I found. This is for local 769, but it says that employees who were currently in Teamcare (C6) plan will be transitioned to U2.

The new U2 plan improved your benefits, but not to the extent of employees leaving the the company plan and entering the U1 plan.

I thought everyone went into the same plan, but I might have been wrong.

View attachment 31444
Yep, that C6 plan sounds familiar. I figured something must have been up as the only change we got when the contract ratified was the individual/family deductible went down 100/200 respectively. Was really hoping I was missing something as our second child is going in to have braces and 50% sounded a lot better than 1500.00 considering it's 6000.00 to put some metal in there.

upschuck

Another major change from C6 to U2 was the prescriptions went to free from 20% when using mailorder, $5 when using CVS.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Yep, that C6 plan sounds familiar. I figured something must have been up as the only change we got when the contract ratified was the individual/family deductible went down 100/200 respectively. Was really hoping I was missing something as our second child is going in to have braces and 50% sounded a lot better than 1500.00 considering it's 6000.00 to put some metal in there.
Maybe it's time to start working some O/T.