UPS loaders on black friday

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by psnapp, Nov 29, 2013.

1. psnapp

psnapp New Member

Hello! I forgot to check start times before I left on on Wednesday. Do loaders work on black Friday if they weren't told? I work twi.. do i have to wait until an hour before my shift to call and find out? Thanks

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

The only pickups today are the ones called in by the shipper and will be air products only so there should not be a local sort.

3. blkmamba

blkmamba Active Member

What Upstate said. But, if you want the peace of mind, call in anyway.

4. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Friday after Thanksgiving is a UPS Holiday. You have the day off with pay. If there was work it would be assigned in seniority order. My building will have some car washers, clerks, and PM air drivers working. My guess is your building will not need your twilight loading skills this year. Better luck next year.

5. laffter

laffter Active Member

Worked a good three hours of preload this morning at 1.5 pay. Loaded 7 "routes". Easy $40 (after taxes).

It was pretty obvious which ones were being dispatched for an 8-hour day. I think only 2 of the 7 I loaded were.

6. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

I just hit 3.5 hours maybe a few min under this morning...at double time. I haven't worked black friday in probably 5 yrs....forgot how easy it was...lol. Maybe $110 after taxes plus holiday pay...it was a good day :)

7. Future

Future Well-Known Member

punt!

8. Future

Future Well-Known Member

Nope !

9. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Care to elaborate?

10. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

UPS stores are also to be picked up, air only. I worked 11hrs today at double time.

11. PT Car Washer

And you did not volunteer to make the airport run? Keep the money. I am on vacation this week. I will be delivering Saturday Air tomorrow. Hard to turn down the easy money.

12. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

I had to be off the clock so I can work tomorrow as well. :yesssmileyf:

13. PT Car Washer

You sound like me a few years ago. Make every dollar you can. Nothing wrong with that. The more money you make now, the more you will have in retirement.