Ups Machinists and Teamcare?

astoneburner

I have been told by our BA here in Ohio that our National Union is looking to put us into Teamcare.According to Teamcare website the minimum age is 52 this is going to delay alot of us retiring if this is true.If this concerns fellow UPS Machinist please let your BA know your concerns in your National Contract Proposals.Our BA has requested proposals from us by may 1st.

HubBub

A lot of machinists planning on retiring before 52? Are you guys PEER 80? 30 and out? 52 is relatively young to retire.

rod

Retired 22 years
A lot of machinists planning on retiring before 52? Are you guys PEER 80? 30 and out? 52 is relatively young to retire.

52 is not too young. In fact its perfect if you can do it. I concluded that everyone who told be I was too young to retire at 53 was just plain jealous.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I will have 30 at 51. Not worth it to me anymore. I'm anxiously awaiting. Not the company I used to enjoy working for. Too many weasels and ass kissers. Makes me sick

I will have 30 at 51. Not worth it to me anymore. I'm anxiously awaiting. Not the company I used to enjoy working for. Too many weasels and ass kissers. Makes me sick
If you planned accordingly you might want to do this. Sometimes this thinking helps get some through. Then when they get there they realize that they are going to keep going. This kind of thinking gets me through sometimes. It's called hope. I have a feeling when I get there I'll keep going.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
If you go into to Teamcare you can't receive retiree benefits untill you're 55. If the Machinists end up in Teamcare they are screwed! The Golden 80 only exists in the Western and Local 177 Health & Welfare Fund. The part that sucks is that at least half of our pension increase is used to pay for it. We can thank Andy "the incompetent" Marshall for dropping the ball on this one.

astoneburner

If you go into to Teamcare you can't receive retiree benefits untill you're 55. If the Machinists end up in Teamcare they are screwed! The Golden 80 only exists in the Western and Local 177 Health & Welfare Fund. The part that sucks is that at least half of our pension increase is used to pay for it. We can thank Andy "the incompetent" Marshall for dropping the ball on this one.
I agree with the screwed part just didnt want to blast someone elses benefits.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
If you planned accordingly you might want to do this. Sometimes this thinking helps get some through. Then when they get there they realize that they are going to keep going. This kind of thinking gets me through sometimes. It's called hope. I have a feeling when I get there I'll keep going.

My "hope " is to walk away at my own accord. I just get bored to death lately. Same things day after day. Especially with edd. No more thinking about where stops are. I can find something to do if I need. 30 is enough. I really don't know how some keep going beyond. God bless them.

Yea because retiring at the ripe old age of 51 to 52 is the key to a sustainable pension and healthcare for the guys and girl behind them. Everyone should do this so they can bleed it dry.

dragracer66

No offense but 52 isn't going to last forever. If you think retiring at 52 and collecting 6400 a month will last forever you are going to be sad.
$6400?? You better add a couple thousand more to that number slick! And yes it will last longer than you think. We don't have the Teamsters controlling our money! Right now its at a 114% funded. Teamsters cant even tell you when there's was that high. Also the Teamcare that we are offered where I'm at has no minimum retirement age......