UPS Man Throws Package Video

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
After further review, I see your point, I can see which side he's on as he passes the tree. No time out will be charged. No more tired posting for me.:wink2:

Here's a point for you, 555. If the video is dated, say, 2006 and it shows up 2 years later, can they actually still give him a warning letter, even though so much time has passed.

Here's another point. OJ was found not guilty of murder. What if a video of the slaying popped up, say, one year later, and the video shows him in the very act; Could he be punished even after being found not guilty?
The answer is no on both accounts. For OJ it would be considered double jeopardy. (Just in case you were serious)

moreluck

golden ticket member
Regarding the O.J. question......we have ' double jeopardy' , so NO, OJ cannot be tried again for murder......unless of course, he murders someone else.

BigBrownSanta

After further review, I see your point, I can see which side he's on as he passes the tree. No time out will be charged. No more tired posting for me.:wink2:

Here's a point for you, 555. If the video is dated, say, 2006 and it shows up 2 years later, can they actually still give him a warning letter, even though so much time has passed.

Here's another point. OJ was found not guilty of murder. What if a video of the slaying popped up, say, one year later, and the video shows him in the very act; Could he be punished even after being found not guilty?

I'm not sure they can write him up for it. I had a corporate complaint against me once. When I was called into the office about it, I was not written up for it. The steward said UPS had only 10 working days to put it on paper and since it was like a month after the incident, there was nothing they could about it.

What? No time out for crossing in front of the PC? I say they line him up against a wall and throw packing peanuts at him. That'll learn em ,dern em.

I think the statute of limitations for UPS work methods violations are 10 days. My comment was before I knew the video was two years old.

Prolly not under the charge of or murder. There might be some other charge they could still bring against him, dunno fer sure.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I don't disagree with you, however my prediction of a warning letter is based on someone getting caught on tape working outside of the proper methods. If you throw a package, period, don't be surprised if you get a warning letter.

I agree

A warning letter is a slap on the wrist and is nothing more than documentation. All sides would be happy.
This event happened 2 years ago either December 7 or July 12 depending on how the date worked. It looks like July with patio furniture out, leaves on tree, shortsleeve UPS shirt. But it could just be somewhere down south during peak. Very tough to pinpoint with no background info. of tape.

Regardless, the customer is a doushe for uploading the video.:thumbdown

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I agree

A warning letter is a slap on the wrist and is nothing more than documentation. All sides would be happy.
This event happened 2 years ago either December 7 or July 12 depending on how the date worked. It looks like July with patio furniture out, leaves on tree, shortsleeve UPS shirt. But it could just be somewhere down south during peak. Very tough to pinpoint with no background info. of tape.

Regardless, the customer is a doushe for uploading the video.:thumbdown

LOL!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

...Regardless, the customer is a doushe for uploading the video.:thumbdown

This may be true but the driver is a :censored2: for throwing the pkg. If he didn't feel comfortable opening and then going through the gate, then he could have simply leaned over or even stepped over the gate and placed the pkg. I think even steve could have stepped over that gate.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
This may be true but the driver is a :censored2: for throwing the pkg. If he didn't feel comfortable opening and then going through the gate, then he could have simply leaned over or even stepped over the gate and placed the pkg. I think even steve could have stepped over that gate.

There's that word again, Ha Ha Ha. I would have leapt over that fence, upstate, SPROING!!!
2489909423_ce3fd512c7.jpg

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

I FORGOT

:slap:

You go by the book !
I was pertaining to the other 99.9998 % of drivers

Overpaid Union Thug

There is not much we can say to dispute this video. It's drivers like that that give us a bad rep. Luckily the majority of the public doesn't think we all toss packages like that.

rod

Retired 22 years
What you can't hear is the customer yelling out the window "just throw it over the gate- ya can't hurt it".:peaceful: By the way- if 2 and 3 year old videos of a driver tossing a package is all anyone can come up with then I say we are doing a great job. I've seen all the old stuff- driver unloading etc.etc. etc.-can someone come up with something that hasn't been posted a thousand times---------------pleeeeeeeze:peaceful:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
The video looks bad...no question

The driver was obviously in a hurry, the time stamp said 2:58 pm.
There is a great chance the guy was slammed and was in a hurry to get to a pickup. Could have been having a bad day !

But you can't ascertain from the video, that this is his regular method of operation. Unfortunatly, as they say pictures (videos) are worth a thousand words.

PS- If you go to the site and read the comments, it is unbelievable how many people have no idea what we do and put up with.

Also - Thank God for Moderators

A

anonymous6

Isn't it strange that two negative stories surface on same day two weeks before DHL closes its doors?

I smell conspiracy.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Interesting responses.

For those of you that have responded about runners/gunners at UPS, here is a prime example of their service to the customer. Only difference is that the guy would have sprinted to the delivery, and been gone before the customer even got to the door.

What is interesting is the exchange the driver had with the customer. We cant hear it, but an exchange does take place.

While he can not get a warning letter for it now, bet he got one shortly after the toss though. The customer looks like she jumped him for throwing it, and bet she called in as well.

Just my thoughts.

d

Cementups

Box Monkey
Sad you're arguing what side of the street, because to me it looks like a one-way (maybe more easily recognizable up here in the great New England states) ...:p There likely was no side of the street

I'm still going to argue this point since it is a safety issue. Even if you are driving on a one way street, you should still be parked on the right hand side of the street. If you park on the left you are still stepping out into traffic. I was going to make the same reference to it being a one-way street but after I thought about it and realized it would be a safety concern I thought again.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I'm still going to argue this point since it is a safety issue. Even if you are driving on a one way street, you should still be parked on the right hand side of the street. If you park on the left you are still stepping out into traffic. I was going to make the same reference to it being a one-way street but after I thought about it and realized it would be a safety concern I thought again.

Unless you come out and go back into the driver side door, but no UPS person ever does that.

mlhradio

Sure, there may be more to the story - it's hard to get a full picture based on just the video. Sure, it's two years old. But -- ultimately that is totally immaterial.

What matters is that this video has been put up on the internet just two days ago, and has now been viewed by more than 371,000 people. It's a black eye - it *looks bad*.

I know I am the among the most junior or members at UPS and this message board. But one thing I do know is that the UPS driver is the public face of the company. They are in the spotlight, and their actions in the public view are a reflection of the company. Even the *appearance* of doing something wrong is bad, and should be avoided if possible.