UPS Management Complaining AGAIN.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Some guy in Atlanta is trying to keep his job by finding ways to measure performance by using their 100 sensors.
If they can't, they'll be demoted to the call-center and will find another IE geek to do it.
Laughingly, we all knew what the intentions of Telematics was when it appeared. Safety ??????

shaq.gif

Coldworld

60 months and counting
As I said, my mgt team hates surprises and I would rather than give them a heads up then have a sit down the following morning.
Well why would you care.. The way you have made it sound in the past is you have a sit down with them to chew their ass about something that happen from the day before... You must be a big shot around your neck of the woods???

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Me either. The new steps are like a vertical ladder. I nearly fell on my face the first time I exited the driver's side with my new truck.
And if you would have fell they would have told you that you didn't grab the handrail properly... What a joke

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Once it gets warm, keep a thermometer in the back, one that reads at least 140 deg since 120 deg is easily surpassed.

Next time your sup mentions anything about the bulkhead staying open, you tell them you need airflow when looking for misloads. Then call OSHA and tell then the back of your package car gets between 120 and 140 deg and has basically zero ventilation.
But there is ventilation, that little hole above the bulkhead that lets in lots of cool fresh air on a hot summer day... I can totally tell the difference when I go back into the cab, my sweating almosts stops in its tracks... Sometimes I actually have to use the little slider to cover half of the vent up because there is so much fresh air coming back to the cab that it makes it chilly... Even when it is 90 out.....

jaker

trolling
I will never go out the driver door with any pkg , you can't tell me sliding over a seat taking a awkward position out and chancing a car driving by is faster then the old proven way we have been doing it for years

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Some guy in Atlanta is trying to keep his job by finding ways to measure performance by using their 100 sensors.
If they can't, they'll be demoted to the call-center and will find another IE geek to do it.
Laughingly, we all knew what the intentions of Telematics was when it appeared. Safety ??????

shaq.gif
Actually they can't even go to a call center because most of them now are in India....and everybody knows that an ie geek wouldn't even have the proper credentials to be able to talk to anyone on the phone anyway...most are introverts who can't even get off their cubicle asses to come to the centers to realize that most of their production metrics don't work outside of Clarksville bitch!!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
This was a 'Hot issue" a couple of years ago in my center.I am on the 9.5 list and file every week, so of course I was called into the office and told that there were 47 "instances" of being "Over Allowed" with Bulk Head Door time and was asked What was I doing to be so far Overallowed on Bulk Head Door Time?

Hydrating,Urinating and Searching for Packages<drops mic>

I was never bothered with that crap again

Overpaid Union Thug

I will never go out the driver door with any pkg , you can't tell me sliding over a seat taking a awkward position out and chancing a car driving by is faster then the old proven way we have been doing it for years
I stop just past what will be my walk path and walk around the back of the truck to get to it. I go back that way too.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

For an LL Bean bag----it is much faster to go out the driver's side door than to walk around the back of the pkg car.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
This was a 'Hot issue" a couple of years ago in my center.I am on the 9.5 list and file every week, so of course I was called into the office and told that there were 47 "instances" of being "Over Allowed" with Bulk Head Door time and was asked What was I doing to be so far Overallowed on Bulk Head Door Time?

Hydrating,Urinating and Searching for Packages<drops mic>

I was never bothered with that crap again
They can come at you with all of these metrics but nothing comes of it... We have been told to stretch at our first five stops... Well guess what over allowed for the first 5 stops. You can drink wAter at a stop and that will make you over allowed for s door being open too long...even looking for an extra 5 seconds for a package will put you on a damn report... It's gone past the point of being efficient in a business sense to going right to pathetic and control obsessed....

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
How is 3 Points of Contact maintained exiting the drivers side?
Many Many things the company implements in the name of "Safety" are bogus, but 3 Points of Contact is IMO one of the best things implemented as it saves shock and wear on the knees,ankles and feet.
I refuse to exit drivers side