UPS medical vs. Teamster medical

Inthegame

Percentage wise, very few of the tankers are headed for the US.
They are headed to other countries.
Regardless, if the tankers were attacked and their oil did not reach their destination, the cost of crude would go up in the US as well.
The US has no interest in the Middle East other than their oil and potential multinational wars.

See here so you understand your point better:
Today, the U.S. actually gets most of its imported oil from Canada and Latin America.
Where Does America Get Oil? You May Be Surprised : NPR
Thanks but I understand my point just fine. Makes no difference if the tankers were headed to the moon, big moneyed interests are involved and US taxpayers are subsidizing those "free" enterprises. The outrage is noticeably and hypocritically absent, while we irrationally condemn a plan to provide HC for those without.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Thanks but I understand my point just fine. Makes no difference if the tankers were headed to the moon, big moneyed interests are involved and US taxpayers are subsidizing those "free" enterprises. The outrage is noticeably and hypocritically absent, while we irrationally condemn a plan to provide HC for those without.

Who is denying that the US Navy's presence in the Mediterranean Sea and Middle East is due to the presence of oil in the Middle East.
I think most people who have given any thought to the consequences of Middle East oil being cut off accept this reality.
Perhaps I am missing what your point is because the need is very obvious.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The "point" is fairly obvious...some of us have no problem with Govt subsidies directed to "for profit" private companies and have huge issues with any Govt funding for the healthcare of its citizens.

And some have huge issues with Govt subsidies directed to "for profit" private companies and have huge issues with any Govt funding for the healthcare of its citizens.

LagunaBrown

For people who retired under the ups plan there was a 500grand max. If you are under central states / teamcare it's 200grand max a year. I can't explain it any more than this. It's a fact.

The Western Region and 177 plan says $500,000 lifetime on the website. It is important to know what you are voting for and how regions vary. I peep in on the vote no facebook page and most don't get it....... It only adds to their confusion.

The Milkman

The Western Region and 177 plan says $500,000 lifetime on the website. It is important to know what you are voting for and how regions vary. I peep in on the vote no facebook page and most don't get it....... It only adds to their confusion.

What about us retirees? And all you Future retirees? What's the cost put on us?? May look good to you non retired guys now but someday if you make it to retirement you may be looking back at this time in history at UPS how you lost/gave away your hard earned benefits again while Big Brown is making Billions year after year regardless of benefits payed out during those times..just wondering, I have 6 yrs under my belt retired already, those who can hang it up at 55 like I did will face 10 years of extra $$$$$ till age 65..It only chips away at your dwindling monthly pension checks......And it will add up, and up...and by that time it will be too late.......The squeeze is on........Ups will keep tightening the noose around your necks........untill you cry Uncle...Most already are:sad-very:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Would you rather have a 200k a year or a 500k max for a ten year period of your life? I'm no gambler are you??

I'm not sure which one you think is better but here is my logic.

If you have 200k per year, you most likely will not use it up but maybe 1 year out of 10 years.
After you use up the 200k for a year, you might be able to go on Obamacare ... not sure.
Your insurance covers you in all other 9 years with no premiums.

If you have 500k lifetime, then your insurance is paid until the year you incur the 500k lifetime.
After that, you go on Obamacare.

I'm not sure but I think I would want to go on the 500k lifetime with the risk being to have to go on Obamacare until 65.
There are too many unknowns in the 200k per year and you might get stuck with a large $k bill during the switchover, if allowed to Obamacare for a portion of a year.

The apparent 500k difference is actually just that - apparent.
In reality, the probable exposure difference is less than $25,000 over a 10 year period with less risk in the one-time transition to Obamacare.

LagunaBrown

What about us retirees? And all you Future retirees? What's the cost put on us?? May look good to you non retired guys now but someday if you make it to retirement you may be looking back at this time in history at UPS how you lost/gave away your hard earned benefits again while Big Brown is making Billions year after year regardless of benefits payed out during those times..just wondering, I have 6 yrs under my belt retired already, those who can hang it up at 55 like I did will face 10 years of extra $$$$$ till age 65..It only chips away at your dwindling monthly pension checks......And it will add up, and up...and by that time it will be too late.......The squeeze is on........Ups will keep tightening the noose around your necks........untill you cry Uncle...Most already are:sad-very:

The active membership has no cap and retiree is $500,000 lifetime (just as it is in the current company UPS plan and SPD)..... There are rumors that if a retiree goes over the $500,000 cap he can leave the plan and go to the exchange to get more coverage. Part of the law is that providers can not deny you of pre existing conditions. These are things being looked at in order to help you guys out but I am skeptical if it is valid or not.

oldngray

nowhere special
I think you are not eligible for Obamacare if you have private insurance offered to you, so I doubt retirees could jump over to Obamacare.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I think you are not eligible for Obamacare if you have private insurance offered to you, so I doubt retirees could jump over to Obamacare.
Which is my concern with the $200k max per year. One will still have insurance the next year.
Once the $500k lifetime max is reached, one does not have medical insurance and so the switch to Obamacare is logical.

oldngray

nowhere special
Which is my concern with the $200k max per year. One will still have insurance the next year.
Once the $500k lifetime max is reached, one does not have medical insurance and so the switch to Obamacare is logical.

The way I see it is after that 200k yearly cap is reached you will still be insured, but the insurance company won't pay any more for that year. Everything is out of your pocket for the rest of the year. You will still have insurance, it will just be useless for the rest of that year.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The way I see it is after that 200k yearly cap is reached you will still be insured, but the insurance company won't pay any more for that year. Everything is out of your pocket for the rest of the year. You will still have insurance, it will just be useless for the rest of that year.

​That was my concern.

See post 31

The Milkman

The active membership has no cap and retiree is $500,000 lifetime (just as it is in the current company UPS plan and SPD)..... There are rumors that if a retiree goes over the $500,000 cap he can leave the plan and go to the exchange to get more coverage. Part of the law is that providers can not deny you of pre existing conditions. These are things being looked at in order to help you guys out but I am skeptical if it is valid or not.

3 more yrs SS kicks in, Hope I make it