UPS Mesquite TX Hub-a scarier place to work everyday!

I begin this, hoping to NEVER disrespect those involved in this situation being discussed. This is a horrible situation and I feel UPS employees have been left with no place to voice their safety concerns involving The UPS Mesquite Hub. It is my fear that the events ending in the death, of a fellow brother in brown (be it Union or otherwise), will be swept under the rug. This will promote this rising atmosphere of aggression, which bred this heinous event to, only escalate!

I hope this will be a place for people to share information regarding these events, so that we may make some scence of what has happened. I doubt UPS will be forthcoming in any information, regarding this death. Further information (names withheld) will be shared on this thread, if people choose to hear and or share it.
I think the whole culture needs to change at ups. From the top down. This not caring for employees is very unhealthy.

OPTION3

I think the whole culture needs to change at ups. From the top down. This not caring for employees is very unhealthy.
Good luck with that….Just read a comment on upsers.com…..From an upper level manager…There is NO problem(with workplace violence), people need to stop posting on (negatively) on social media or you will be fired! This loon is not concerned with fixing VERY valid problems…only silencing any form of dissent ……..Wake up and smell what you are shoveling, management!

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Good luck with that….Just read a comment on upsers.com…..From an upper level manager…There is NO problem(with workplace violence), people need to stop posting on (negatively) on social media or you will be fired! This loon is not concerned with fixing VERY valid problems…only silencing any form of dissent ……..Wake up and smell what you are shoveling, management!
These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Future

Victory Ride
OK, I just heard back from a local news station, I contacted to see how to obtain further information. The response was: "Thanks for writing, but Mesquite PD tells us that though there was a suicide recently there have been no homicides or arrests at the UPS facility." I'm relieved. The stories about the who and what that have been spreading were alarming.
Why dont you leave this alone! Take your Hardy boy books and go somplace else!UPS community does not need your insight or questions about this issue!

Someday these decision makers will be judged in heaven as we all will. I believe we will all go in but the shame Jesus will put on them for what they have done to their fellow man will make them understand. I think it will be an unbearable feeling.

This place needs a culture change. Maybe when this economy booms again and they can't keep managers because they all leave because the jobs a plentiful this might make them easy up some. I have a feeling remorse nor God will be the reason it will be their own God (Wall Street) the bottom line.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I assume you are unable to post that URL.

RolloTony Brown Town

Where is this comment on upsers? I just read all the comments posted under our role in social media and there's nothing about workplace violence.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Where is this comment on upsers? I just read all the comments posted under our role in social media and there's nothing about workplace violence.
It was rather obvious this was made up ... whether it was or not.

Last edited:

mercury7

To my knowledge, there has been no formal discussion in my facility about the incident. I think many people have range of concerns. This individual worked in my building as well. I think pretending like this never happened is a big oversight on the company's part.

OPTION3

As you assured everyone it was "made up"…come on man ..you can't tell me that management does not spout and actually BELIEVE that tripe

OPTION3

and yes it was my "bad" for not posting proof…didn't really feel it was needed…oh well… feel free to delete my post if you like…..but like ups mangers…..it doesn't stop the fact that this is the prevalent mindset with management right now

Catatonic

Nine Lives
As you assured everyone it was "made up"…come on man ..you can't tell me that management does not spout and actually BELIEVE that tripe
The post I made was "It was rather obvious this was made up ... whether it was or not."
Think on that for a while. It was made up somewhere, maybe as you say, on UPSers.com.

I'm sure there are some individuals in management that feel that way.

What I find hard to believe is that an "upper level manager" posted something like that on UPSers.com.
When one logs onto UPSers.com, UPS knows exactly who you are.
If this person that posted this is actually in management, they probably are not anymore.
If you hear of a Division Manager that is a Preload supervisor next week, you may have found your culprit.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
and yes it was my "bad" for not posting proof…didn't really feel it was needed…oh well… feel free to delete my post if you like…..but like ups mangers…..it doesn't stop the fact that this is the prevalent mindset with management right now
If you want your post deleted, please report them and one of the other Mods will take care of you.
I don't moderate posts in which I am personally involved.

SuperN00b

Rollin in the white truck
The rumors of the arrests are flying around the party lines like crazy. Now I tend to not believe every rumor I hear on the party line, but this one seems to have some traction. I also have not been able to find any arrest info online.