UPS "Mind Control" Real

deeznutz

I recently read an exert from "ups the totalitarian workplace".
It states that supervisors are supposed to gain your trust to run your career etc. Also, it mentions company spying. There's Also a rumor I heard that upsers.com is a site that can spy on any device it's accessed through. Thoughts or experiences, anyone?

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
image.jpg

UnconTROLLed

perfection
http://isreview.org/issues/58/rev-ups.shtml

UPS has long been known as a totalitarian workplace for union activists. Former UPS CEO “Oz” Nelson supposedly once described the UPS management style as “a combination of the Marine Corps and the Quakers.” This Borg-like description leaves most of us sick, but Niemann sees it as a great thing. “UPSers turn out better than machines,” he gushes after describing the company’s fanatical determination to control every second of the workday. Not content just to control their bodies, UPS wants to also control their employees’ thinking. The process by which this is done, according to Niemann, is

a kind of boot camp, indoctrinating employees with UPS’s unique corporate culture and expectations.… By the time employees have moved mountains of cardboard-clad merchandise, they have either caught the UPS commitment or they haven’t. If they have, that seed of UPS perseverance will spread through their systems until they “bleed brown blood.”
It’s no wonder that there is such a high injury and turnover rate at UPS.

Tin foil aside, there is some truth there. lol

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Training, indoctrination and paradigmatic thinking to accomplish goals are hallmarks of UPS Management per the Harvard Review.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Sure, they are your friend, that is, until something goes down, and then they pull any life raft from you.

T

Turdferguson

It states that supervisors are supposed to gain your trust to run your career etc. Also, it mentions company spying. There's Also a rumor I heard that upsers.com is a site that can spy on any device it's accessed through. Thoughts or experiences, anyone?

I like cheese

T

Turdferguson

Training, indoctrination and paradigmatic thinking to accomplish goals are hallmarks of UPS Management per the Harvard Review.
The adjective paradigmatic is a fancy word for describing something that is an ideal or standard. Monet's paintings are paradigmatic of impressionism — they are a typical example of that style of art.

Use paradigmatic when you're talking about things that are archetypal or representative of some category and you want to sound impressive. You'll come across it if you study the subject of linguistics, where
"paradigmaticanalysis" is one way of analyzing a text, by examining patterns within it. The Greek word for "pattern," paradeigma, is the root ofparadigmatic

I still don't know what it means

rickyb

alot of capitalist workplaces have some degree of totalitarianism or another. i know walmart plays its own music for the nightshift. i used to work at the big railways, and managers would spy on you through the trees.