UPS "Mind Control" Real

JL 0513

Are you sure about that?

I know of no large company this is true of.
Companies that don't have this have a strong market niche or go out of business.

In fact, a medium sized restaurant has to have these or they are out of business within a year.

I think we are confusing budget metrics that all companies use and the extent that UPS time measures virtually every part of its operation.

Name me one other company that could tell you the next day that you were 1.35 hrs paid over yesterday. I'm not saying they don't exist but it is uncommon. Likely, this can only be found in other transportation companies as travel and miles can be estimated.

I've worked for numerous large companies and none had time allowances attached to any task. There's always expectations of what a task should take but usually not hard numbers and reports generated.

I recently read an exert from "ups the totalitarian workplace".
It states that supervisors are supposed to gain your trust to run your career etc. Also, it mentions company spying. There's Also a rumor I heard that upsers.com is a site that can spy on any device it's accessed through. Thoughts or experiences, anyone?
I'm a part time supervisor and I can confirm that no such tactic exists. Any supervisor worth his salt sees himself as an equal to his employees.

Faceplanted

Photog. Can u honestly say every route had a fair time study? Me and you both that's very far from the truth.

How is it fair driver a can bust his ass all day, come in 1.7hr over allow while driver b can slack all day and run under. Your metrics are flawed and to hold somebody accountable and consistently harass and intimidate them is not ok.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Photog. Can u honestly say every route had a fair time study? Me and you both that's very far from the truth.

How is it fair driver a can bust his ass all day, come in 1.7hr over allow while driver b can slack all day and run under. Your metrics are flawed and to hold somebody accountable and consistently harass and intimidate them is not ok.
I hope the time study was fair ... it was actual observations anyway.
Now, the unit area allowances may not be right but that's not a time study.

Metrics may be flawed ... I'd have to do a ride and look at the unit area allowances to understand the difference.

Last edited:
T

Turdferguson

I'm a part time supervisor and I can confirm that no such tactic exists. Any supervisor worth his salt sees himself as an equal to his employees.
You can confirm this how? As a PT supervisor you are privy to the inner workings of corporate UPS?

UPSGUY72

I recently read an exert from "ups the totalitarian workplace".
It states that supervisors are supposed to gain your trust to run your career etc. Also, it mentions company spying. There's Also a rumor I heard that upsers.com is a site that can spy on any device it's accessed through. Thoughts or experiences, anyone?

upload_2015-10-23_22-20-10.png

rod

Retired 22 years
UPSers, as a whole, do not understand how a driver time study is "worked up".
Only the work related tasks and occurrences are included in the work measurement.
The non-work related items are sub-totaled and even broken out.
No driver bathroom breaks are included in the work measurement standards or time allowances.

I'm confused----if bathroom breaks don't count then why the need to time them down to the split second with a stop watch. That makes the time studier wasting more time than a driver. What a silly company.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm confused----if bathroom breaks don't count then why the need to time them down to the split second with a stop watch. That makes the time studier wasting more time than a driver. What a silly company.
Operations management (center manager and Division Manager) wants an accounting for all time not included in a driver's planned day on the day of the time study.
What the center manager does with it is up to him/her.

All time studies are offered for review with Center management.
They are even more skeptical than the drivers are if the allowances go down for an Area Unit or Per Package Allowance.

Ms.PacMan

Here is another definition that is closer to what I meant (maybe Harvard too) - Paradigmatic thinking means the unity of beliefs that guide the planning and implementation of actions.

Think of it as UPS is a process driven company.
UPS develops models for evaluating an idea.
They then move forward on the best ROI initiatives or one that will move the corporation forward on an existing path or a new one.
They then develop plans, procedures and processes to facilitate that effort using models from previous efforts if applicable (best practices).
Then UPS implements whatever it takes to get the job done expecting people to adapt and put forth the effort or extra effort to get the job done. This is what District Operations personnel are exposed to and make happen.
aka: showing the inmates how the asylum should run

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
How long have i been telling you guys this. UPS wants to control every aspect of your life, been like that for a long time. 1 of the things they do to all the supes they train is MENTAL MANIPULATION, into thinking the only way is their way n 1 of the ways they do this is through scare tactics n intimidation. They try n do the same JEDI MIND GAME with the drivers. They themselves are HYPNOTIZED into thinking their above any laws or rules and are unbeatable in any situation at all times. Itll hit the fan eventually when they get super hit in the pocket with a ridiculous lawsuit 1 day from someone or a group lawsuit. The only way for any of this harassment is going to stop is to get super deep in their pockets. 10 million to 100 million is chump change to them. Let them get hit for a billion dollar lawsuit and see what happens then. Thats the ONLY WAY they will learn. You dont have to be a rocket scientist to figure out this game they play, just pay close attention and be highly observant and their tactics are clear as day. Their not fooling anyone with these mind games. I dont put anything past these criminals honestly anymore.

PT Car Washer

How long have i been telling you guys this. UPS wants to control every aspect of your life, been like that for a long time. 1 of the things they do to all the supes they train is MENTAL MANIPULATION, into thinking the only way is their way n 1 of the ways they do this is through scare tactics n intimidation. They try n do the same JEDI MIND GAME with the drivers. They themselves are HYPNOTIZED into thinking their above any laws or rules and are unbeatable in any situation at all times. Itll hit the fan eventually when they get super hit in the pocket with a ridiculous lawsuit 1 day from someone or a group lawsuit. The only way for any of this harassment is going to stop is to get super deep in their pockets. 10 million to 100 million is chump change to them. Let them get hit for a billion dollar lawsuit and see what happens then. Thats the ONLY WAY they will learn. You dont have to be a rocket scientist to figure out this game they play, just pay close attention and be highly observant and their tactics are clear as day. Their not fooling anyone with these mind games. I dont put anything past these criminals honestly anymore.
Getting real close to "tin foil hat zone". Just messin with you. You speak a lot of truth. When you take the hat off that is.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Name me one other company that could tell you the next day that you were 1.35 hrs paid over yesterday. I'm not saying they don't exist but it is uncommon. Likely, this can only be found in other transportation companies as travel and miles can be estimated.
You're right. Instead of set metrics they use everyday other companies use gut feelings where a boss can determine how much you've done based on his/her gut.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
It doesnt matter cause everything is the drivers fault anyway. Raining outside= Drivers fault, snowing outside=Drivers fault, Global warming= Drivers fault lmfao. Doesnt matter always the drivers fault, no matter how freakin retarded these stupidasczz idiots are lol.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

...yet you feel compelled as you begin your 15th of retirement to continue "talking shop"...