UPS needs some backbone with idiot customers...

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
What if the neighbors house is on fire and the kid gets pasted by a fire truck. Is she gonna yell at the fireman for going too fast. Just like with a dog, if it's out in the street it's fair game.

Griff

Griff, pls reread the original post.

As I understand it, the problem is with a neighbor of the regular cnee. It is not fair to punish IE: (RTS) the regular reciever because the neighbor is a jerk. There are other ways to deal with this.

Maybe you should quote my entire post and perhaps take some of your own advice. I clearly said I would only QC the packages of the people being idiots, the rest of the people would still get their packages.

UPS Lifer

Maybe you should quote my entire post and perhaps take some of your own advice. I clearly said I would only QC the packages of the people being idiots, the rest of the people would still get their packages.

You will lash out at anybody for any reason. Quit acting like a bully you are! No wonder you have a problem with at least one customer a week for what ever reason. You really need to work on that chip on your shoulder!:whiteflag:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

I did reread your post Griff. I apologize, I miss read the first time. My mistake. Pls forgive. Thx D

Griff

You will lash out at anybody for any reason. Quit acting like a bully you are! No wonder you have a problem with at least one customer a week for what ever reason. You really need to work on that chip on your shoulder!:whiteflag:

"I don't believe a word of what he says." -- UPS Lifer

Let me get this straight here. Everything I say on this website is a fabrication and only a cowardly means for venting when it comes to relations with management. Yet here you choose to believe what I say about customers confronting me. Why the sudden change of heart, old boy?

If calling people out in an effort to defend myself is considered bullying, then I'll happily accept the title of bully. Better than the gutless sidekick title you've earned yourself time and time again.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Stop It. I will not be drug into the middle of this. I did mis-read the post by Griff. It was an honest mistake. Stop picking at each other, looking for an argument. UPSLIFER, I really appreciate you coming to my defense and maybe if Griff hadn't been so defensive in his post you wouldn't have felt the need to. Griff, I was not offended by your aggressiveness because you do tend to be aggressive in all your posts (maybe not all, but alot). And, IMHO Griff, you do seem to be angry in alot of what you say. I may be wrong and if I am I would be the first to admit it. But please stop this constant bickering. We are BROTHERS AND SISTERS (well mostly) but we are all ADULTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DS

Fenderbender
Yea Lifer,I concur.
Griff also does not stop at just the boards,he also likes to come into the chat on Sunday nights and bring everyone down.I wish he'd find something better to do .
BTW survivin it...great thread...sorry I was off topic,I've had a few words with customers over the years too,but like scratch,they tend to believe me first.

Griff

Stop It. I will not be drug into the middle of this. I did mis-read the post by Griff. It was an honest mistake. Stop picking at each other, looking for an argument. UPSLIFER, I really appreciate you coming to my defense and maybe if Griff hadn't been so defensive in his post you wouldn't have felt the need to. Griff, I was not offended by your aggressiveness because you do tend to be aggressive in all your posts (maybe not all, but alot). And, IMHO Griff, you do seem to be angry in alot of what you say. I may be wrong and if I am I would be the first to admit it. But please stop this constant bickering. We are BROTHERS AND SISTERS (well mostly) but we are all ADULTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a very simple solution here. You, DS, UPS Lifer and the rest of the gang who just can't stand my attitude, negativity, aggressiveness or whatever the cliche term of the moment is -- do yourself a favor and add me to your ignore list. That way you never have to see my negative attitude ever again, which I would think is what many of you want. Since the "moderation assistant" has no vested interest in solving problems or helping people out since his brain capacity limits him to small talk (ie: the weather and what you ate tonight). I'll do what's right here and explain to you a great feature on this website.

1. Click on my name next to this post.
2. Click View public profile.
3. There is an option that says "Add Griff to your ignore list". It's located very close to the activity timer on the upper right-hand side.
4. Select that and save yourself the heartache.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Griff, I have never said that I can't stand your attitude. After all, I do work at UPS. I have read many of your posts and alot of what you say, I believe, is the truth. But since you seem to feel that what I have to say means nothing (my apology earlier) then fine you got it. Effective immediately you are on my ignore list. Have a good life in your own anger.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Dilligaf, you are right but only to a point. If the street sign has another sign saying something to the effect of "Private Road/Way" attached to it then our access may in fact be limited; however, I don't think that this is the case here as there are several houses on this road and private roads are usually limited to one, or at most, two houses.
UPS lifer hit it on the head. If you are on a private drive with only one house, that person can prohibit you from coming onto their property. They must also take responsibility for the non delivery of their packages as a result.

But if there is one more house on that private drive, and those people order a package, there is implied consent to have you come onto their property to deliver the package. As long as you have the implied consent of the person who ordered the package, it does not matter how many no trespassing signs that are posted, they do not apply to us.

So there is no way he can keep you off the street/drive without getting the people to not order anything. the minute someone on the drive orders anything and it is shipped by UPS, that give you the implied consent to physically deliver the package.

That being said, when I was in DC on the project right before christmas, the guy that delivered in the neighborhood (between the white house and the Naval observitory) never shifted out of first. You could hear him go a block or two, all in first and wound out. (in our center it would be equipment abuse) But it sounded a lot worse loud wise than his going very fast. He was doing maybe 10, but it sounded like he was flying.

d

Griff

Griff, I have never said that I can't stand your attitude. After all, I do work at UPS. I have read many of your posts and alot of what you say, I believe, is the truth. But since you seem to feel that what I have to say means nothing (my apology earlier) then fine you got it. Effective immediately you are on my ignore list. Have a good life in your own anger.

What you have to say means plenty. Which is why I gave you positive reputation in response to your apology rather than a post. I guess you didn't see that, but maybe you will someday. Oh well.

Chnandler Bong

I'd rather deliver to 100 people who seemingly have nothing, than to 1 who thinks they own the world. Those who have next to nothing are generally more cheerful.

Amen to that!!! Over the years I've had a few run-ins with these kinds of people and it makes me crazy. I've just learned to take the approach that life is just too short to concern myself with them. I simply don't care.

I have recently been having a problem with a customer who refuses to control her aggressive dog. I called my sup from their driveway, letting him hear the dog, and he told me to bring it back. Even with next days. I honk the horn....no response....see ya tomorrow. They will get the picture eventually.

I just feel sorry for the neighbors. If I can't get out, they can't get their deliveries either. I make sure to let them know why when I see them! I think the neighbors will eventually call animal control on them.

Just don't get stressed over it. Stay calm and cordial. It will all blow over. After all, they're just boxes.

U

Ups Man

It`s a big mistake to leave the car in 1st gear. it makes it sound like you are going much faster because the engine is at a high RPM. and that is what makes people think you are going too fast. you should leave it in a higher gear and shuttle by at maybe 20 to 25 mph but because the rpm is lower people think you are only going 5 mph. I do this in trailer parks all the time people don`t know the difference and no problems.

UPS Lifer

It`s a big mistake to leave the car in 1st gear. it makes it sound like you are going much faster because the engine is at a high RPM. and that is what makes people think you are going too fast. you should leave it in a higher gear and shuttle by at maybe 20 to 25 mph but because the rpm is lower people think you are only going 5 mph. I do this in trailer parks all the time people don`t know the difference and no problems.

This is exactly right! It is human nature! The higher the rev the faster they think you are going.

Thanks for sharing that comment!

govols019

You smell that?
That's why kids put those stupid fart can mufflers on their little 4-cyl cars. They can't go fast so they just make 'em sound like they are.

They just sound like a pissed off weed eater to me.

Fnix

That's why kids put those stupid fart can mufflers on their little 4-cyl cars. They can't go fast so they just make 'em sound like they are.

They just sound like a pissed off weed eater to me.

My 1987 dodge truck with a 440 has a top speed of 87 and has straight pipes and is way louder then the fart cans and alot slower. What does this mean?

filthpig

I would continue to deliver as usual to this area. Drive in 2nd gear and keep your speed low. Do not ignore the complaining customer if they speak to you. If they become abusive, tell them, calmly, that you will not take this form of abuse and call your supe then and there. Do not raise your voice at any time. The less you say, the better. Use "yes ma'am/sir" and all that. Do not get excited. That is what they want.
Like a twig on the shoulders of a mighty stream, just go with the flow.