Ups new hire

"F"UPS

"friend"UPS
So today I was hired for seasonal package delivery driver and I was just wondering I'm Quitting a 40 hour full-time job for this position is that a good decision or should I rethink my decision somebody please just tell me what are my chances of being full time at the end of the year if I work my butt off I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard spot I need some help

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
They told me if I stood out and had a good work ethic then I had the chance of being hired on at the end of the peak what is this about
They tell all the peak guys this to get them moving, providing slight hope. If you have a family and people depending on you for your income, stick with your stable job. If you're alone and can afford the letdown (which is very likely ) of not going FT driving after peak, roll the dice.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
So they hire six other people inside since they hired me from outside
No, for every one of you outside hires that go FT, they have to promote 6 PT guys already there to FT first. Do that math and look at all the seasonal guys you went to orientation with. You're just another peak face, harsh but true.

"F"UPS

"friend"UPS
Why do they do all of this and instead of being straightforward and telling you seasonal probably won't get called back after January so if you're just looking for a two month period of work this is your job