UPS New Jersey Hub Discussions.

Jersey Strong

Jersey Package Handler
Anonymity is key. Although I don't doubt that the geeks at UPS HQ know who each and every one of us are...just try not to make it too obvious and don't talk TOO much crap about the company.

If you're in Jersey, make sure you don't talk smack about your governor, he may close down the streets you use to get to work!

Anonymity - I don't plan to trash the company that provides excellent Insurances and pays me fair wages.

As for Governor Christie I approve his time spent in office he's the best Governor we have had in the last 20+ years.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
Bound Brook...started loading in 1981, went driving in 1987, became clerk in 2003, retired at the beginning of 2011.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The average property tax in NJ is $7,500. No one can retire here, unless you work for government and have 3 pensions. Public employees retire on 80 percent of their last three years pay. Many work all kinds of overtime to boost that number, then they get another job with another government agency. We have home economics teachers making $120 k a year here!

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
hE0083D40

RandomDrone

I'm going to pretend that you titled this thread "hub discussions". My hub would benefit a ton by just fixing or upgrading the equipment, especially rollers. Also I strongly believe there is a point of diminishing returns with volume. If the outbound loading bays get destroyed, you waste 30 seconds just to get in and out of a trailer each time because of how dirty the floor is. If you're floating between bays this slows you way the hell down. Both those things would increase hub-wide PPH a lot more than just yelling at the loaders to move faster.

Integrity

Binge Poster
It seems everyone has there own feelings about employment at Ups, I for one enjoy it, the work is tough but not impossible, the work as designated makes the day interesting. My main and only complaint would be the recycle carts suck, the wheels either don't turn or spin round and cause the job to be harder than it should be.
Jersey Strong,

The proper procedure would be to report this complaint to your part-time supervisor for repair.

Your supervisor should then file a repair request using Daily Equipment Condition Report.

I would recommend that this be reported as a critical repair due to safety reasons.

Carts with wheels/casters in disrepair are exposing employees to potential push/pull injuries when using these carts.

It would be fair to request that these carts be removed from service and tagged as unsafe for use until these repairs are made.

Sincerely,
I

Jersey Strong

Jersey Package Handler
Jersey Strong,

The proper procedure would be to report this complaint to your part-time supervisor for repair.

Your supervisor should then file a repair request using Daily Equipment Condition Report.

I would recommend that this be reported as a critical repair due to safety reasons.

Carts with wheels/casters in disrepair are exposing employees to potential push/pull injuries when using these carts.

It would be fair to request that these carts be removed from service and tagged as unsafe for use until these repairs are made.

Sincerely,
I

I told my supervisor he shrugged his shoulders and told me to push it and empty the recycles out of it. Still carts are in poor shape.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
The average property tax in NJ is $7,500. No one can retire here, unless you work for government and have 3 pensions. Public employees retire on 80 percent of their last three years pay. Many work all kinds of overtime to boost that number, then they get another job with another government agency. We have home economics teachers making $120 k a year here!

That's why I moved five days after I retired to the South West. I still own my home in NJ and rent it out. My property taxes are almost $6400.00 and I get a tax break of $250.00 for being a Vietnam Vet. In Arizona, my property taxes are less than one quarter of the taxes I pay in NJ.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
I told my supervisor he shrugged his shoulders and told me to push it and empty the recycles out of it. Still carts are in poor shape.

Try to make friends with some of the mechanics. Although it isn't their job, I know there are a couple of real nice guys that would do it for you. Also, there should be a guy during your shift that is there just for things like what you're describing. Try to locate him/her through talking around with people to find out who it is. He/she would be glad to help I'm sure. I think his name is Carlos? At least it was when I was there.