UPS no longer washes windshields!!

BLACKBALLED

When I was Sup. I used to have my guys wash 17 trucks a night, than we got a new center manager and he told me to cut car wash hours, than the drivers started yelling and complaining to me about it, I told them my hands were tied and to talk to the Manager, I agree that the trucks are nasty and we did not have the car wash machines, again I was told to cut hours over and over because preload was using them because their sup. could not make the numbers, so my sort was making the numbers more than not. This is where it comes to we make our numbers or someone will lose their job threats that is what i heard all of the time from the center manager, threat after threat after threat. It has been a little over a year since I left and i see the trucks and they are still filthy.

brownthis

If I was having trouble washing my windows .. I would just quit. The fact of the matter is window washing is pretty easy. If I can have a sporh of 20 to 25 daily ... I can wash my windows when needed. If my sporh were like 10 or 12...that's a joke.. I am probably the guy who can't wash my windows but has enough energy to complain about it... go figure...cause I can't figure it out.

cino321

They should be embarrassed at the condition of these trucks, I often hear comments from customers, between the dirty faded paint, the bent bumpers, and the holes in the roof and fiberglass hoods.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I often hear comments from customers, between the dirty faded paint, the bent bumpers, and the holes in the roof and fiberglass hoods.

Ask them how much more per package they would be willing to pay to see clean UPS package cars.

I already know the answer.

cino321

And let's not forget the 30 foot trail of black diesel exhaust following the truck, that is if I'm lucky enough to have such a rig with modern day ergonomic features such as power steering and a low step, maybe even a 3 point seat belt.

Shame on them.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
And let's not forget the 30 foot trail of black diesel exhaust following the truck, that is if I'm lucky enough to have such a rig with modern day ergonomic features such as power steering and a low step, maybe even a 3 point seat belt.

Shame on them.

Yep ... our customers are real jerks for not willing to pay more for shipping.

cino321

I didn't believe it until now but you guys are really all like puppets.

From NY to Atlanta apparently you guys somehow manage to regurgitate the same nonsense.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I didn't believe it until now but you guys are really all like puppets.

From NY to Atlanta apparently you guys somehow manage to regurgitate the same nonsense.

Just apply logic ... try it sometime. :obeyhypnosmiley:

Just shooting back at silly stuff ... don't really care either way.

Quality ain't free and it ain't cheap ... if the company wants to pay for it, fine.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It's a matter of misplaced priorities.
In my center we have grill outs and various other "activities" on the guise of safety.
They pay many drivers numerous hours a week to pass out useless flayers and bananas.
These same driver do observations, administer and roster depth of knowledge testing, and various other management tasks.
We have drivers who don't even drive, rather work on "safety" when not aiding the falsification of records.
Not just occasionally, every day.
These expenditures alone would more than cover the expense to maintain a proper car wash.
Meanwhile; unless I search out the scarce supplies and wash my windows myself, it doesn't get done.
All the while under the disapproving eye of management because everybody else has left the building.
Hoax, you have no idea what you're talking about.
Not sure how you could from your lofty perch.
Common sense often requires a first hand knowledge of an issue.
This isn't a cost per package issue, rather misplaced priorities.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoax, you have no idea what you're talking about.
Not sure how you could from your lofty perch.

I prefer to think of it as my hidden cave.

The toilet paper is real rough there ... you wouldn't understand from where you sit.

I have to clean my own PC ...UPS has not cleaned it in years.

It really goes slow when I'm trying to work hard.

Misplaced priorities.

You just can't understand.

:vacuumsm:

yeldarb

I just go to a gas station on my route and use the squeegie at the gas pumps, and clean the inside and outside. I would rather the car washers not touch my windows since I have had my windows spotless on Monday, then on Tuesday they are smeared because one of the washers used a dirty cloth to clean the windshield.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I prefer to think of it as my hidden cave.

The toilet paper is real rough there ... you wouldn't understand from where you sit.

I have to clean my own PC ...UPS has not cleaned it in years.

It really goes slow when I'm trying to work hard.

Misplaced priorities.

You just can't understand.

:vacuumsm:

Try doing your job with a Commodore 64, then maybe you'll understand.

bumped

The only washing my windows get if from the windshield washer. I will NOT clean them no matter how much crap is on them.

thessalonian13

After a LOT of complaining and being yelled at for washing my own, the unload supervisor told me that he only has enough hours to park and oil the cars. There is no longer hours to wash windshields!

How do you contact the DOT?????
I take 5 to 10 minutes twice a week to clean my cab. I have a bottle of windex and paper towels and I wipe the cab. The interior looks like it just rolled off the assembly line. NO DUST/DIRT ANYWHERE. Since I spend 10-12 hours a day in my truck, I don't mind cleaning it.

satellitedriver

I will NOT clean them no matter how much crap is on them.
That's the way to tell the man off.
You are willing to drive blind and endanger yourself and all around you.
Great attitude and life plan.
5 minutes cleaning, while I am filling the pkg with fuel, makes my day easier and safer.

JonFrum

After doing all the windows on my line, each night I walk the belt and squirt the camera lens above the rear door of each package car with water. I am such a good doo-bee. This takes no extra time at all since I have to walk back to my starting point anyway.

I consider the package cars to be highly noticable traveling billboards advertizing UPS. Why exactly do we want to turn off the public with dirty vehicles, and then spend many millions on ineffective advertizing trying to win back their respect?