UPS not honoring the contract!

Notcool

This is going to cost my buddies their job and mine. Why is UPS aloud to not follow the contract and allow these feeder drivers to follow their work? Cut fuel and mileage cost? it is going to cost the company a lot more in higher wages than fuel cost. These drivers will be doing the work I do for 13 more bucks or so!

Published: September 9, 2009
GREENSBORO - United Parcel Service Inc. said yesterday that it has consolidated some Triad operations and routes in at attempt to cut fuel and mileage costs.
Nine drivers based in either Winston-Salem or High Point are affected by the consolidation of operations into Greensboro, spokesman Dan McMackin said.
"The routes have moved back to Greensboro, where they were run originally," McMackin said. He said that the drivers cannot be transferred with the routes because of the collective-bargaining agreement between UPS and its unions.
"All the people affected will be offered package-delivery jobs," McMackin said. He said that there is a possibility of "trickle-down layoffs" because those with seniority can bump employees in the package-sorting units.
http://www2.journalnow.com/content/...ps-drivers-affected-by-route-change/business/

DS

Fenderbender
But you still have a job right?

All the people affected will be offered package-delivery jobs

Can't speak for other areas but here when work is moved, the bid drivers are allowed to follow their work, per the contract.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
If your making 13 dollars less an hour then the feeder drivers you have mentioned, then I ask what position do you hold and which union are you in? Feeder runs do not bid the way package routes do, if the run changes centers it may in fact be put under another locals juristiction. If it can go to panel it will, if not the union realizes theres no argument.