UPS On Road Supervisor paygrade or salary

BrownArmy

...or hiring experienced drivers for full time sups?

Seriously?

No one in my center that's been promoted to 'full time sups' has come from the 'experienced drivers' rank...

For the most part, they've been from IE.

Two peaks ago, we had a newer PT sup driving a split route during peak...nice guy, he got OWNED.

Maybe that's why they shaft the IE guys into being on-cars...

There's still a vestigial limb left over from the older days where it might have made sense for an experienced driver to go into management.

Those days are over.

Seriously?

No one in my center that's been promoted to 'full time sups' has come from the 'experienced drivers' rank...

For the most part, they've been from IE.

Two peaks ago, we had a newer PT sup driving a split route during peak...nice guy, he got OWNED.

Maybe that's why they shaft the IE guys into being on-cars...

There's still a vestigial limb left over from the older days where it might have made sense for an experienced driver to go into management.

Those days are over.
No driver is stupid enough to wear a tie!!

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
No driver is stupid enough to wear a tie!!

Several of our driving sups are former drivers. One even went on to be a labor manager... my first year at UPS I was his driver helper and hated it because all he did was whine & cry... as a labor manager he was known for being a hard arse.

cascadehops

We recently got a new sup and I flat out asked him what they started him
at cause I was thinking of putting my letter in (NOT). Anyhow he was like do you really want to know? I said yeah. And he said 45k a year to start with a chance of making 9k in bonuses. Cost of living raise a year at 2.5%. But they had a pay freeze recently so you may not even get a raise year to year.

twoweeled

I have applied for a full time On Road Supervisor position. It says pay grade is 20F does anyone know what this is or pays? I tried searching the forum but could not find any info. Any info would b appreciated.

Also if i had a seatbelt ticket violation am i automatically disqualified for the job? Does your driving record need to be free from any violations whatsoever?

The heck with the seat belt issue. Don't do it. At one time it was debatable, but it just isn't worth it anymore. period! You'll be sorry if you do, but then again, I'm the type of guy who loves to say "I told you"!

rocket man

I have applied for a full time On Road Supervisor position. It says pay grade is 20F does anyone know what this is or pays? I tried searching the forum but could not find any info. Any info would b appreciated.

Also if i had a seatbelt ticket violation am i automatically disqualified for the job? Does your driving record need to be free from any violations whatsoever?
we need more like you. you applied and you ask on this whats the pay grade LOL hope you get the job

Steve Fleck

This is a few years late but I kept coming across it so I figured others may as well.. About a year ago I made the switch from driver to On Road Sup, for pay in my area I started at $7,052/mo. A few have mentioned "have fun paying for benefits" and things like this, my benefits are $22/mo, far less than union dues (however coverage is nowhere near as good, but for a single guy in my 20's it works). As for your violations, UPS should already know with the MVDC form.

Last edited by a moderator:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This is a few years late but I kept coming across it so I figured others may as well.. About a year ago I made the switch from driver to On Road Sup, for pay in my area I started at $7,052/mo. A few have mentioned "have fun paying for benefits" and things like this, my benefits are $22/mo, far less than union dues (however coverage is nowhere near as good, but for a single guy in my 20's it works). As for your violations, UPS should already know with the MVDC form.
If Steve Fleck is your actual name ... you should change it!

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Will the real Steve Fleck ...please stand up
You wrang?
FhwBuN.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

So, it says here on your application your last job was prison guard

You'll do fine