UPS OVERNITE driver Killed

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
I`ll put money on the ability of our most senior driver against you and Rockys any day of the week. It`s easy to jump on the new American band wagon thats wants change or regulations of something that they`re not involved in. You don`t see me jumping on to demand that runners from Colorado should slow down or so called Mgmt from the east coast should pass I.Q. tests do you?

You might actually win something by not putting money on me, CACH. I haven't driven in over 2 years (two accidents in three years...stopped driving before my parents could threaten to yank my insurance). But that's another story.

Runners from Colorado slowing down? Are you insane? Runners don't run. Besides, in Colorado, after those blizzards it was downright treacherous for vehicular, let alone pedestrian traffic. My last shift as a helper, I was stepping off the car, my foot hit a patch of black ice and down I went. I wasn't running, either. H*ll, I hadn't even started my forward movement yet! Pass I.Q. tests? Isn't that similar to our arguement that perhaps there should be a mandatory retirement age? Street goes two ways, Mr. CACH.

And Tooner, I too, feel very badly for the man's family. I send sincere thoughts and prayers to them. From a post by someone going by UPS Freight Worker, it sounds like Atlanta needs to go into UPSF/OVNT and do a top-down restructure of their safety department or lack thereof. Mergers and aquisitions of this type are almost more of a headache than they're worth as there is a ton of work to do to bring the acquired entity up to the acquiring entity's standards in such areas as safety. -Rocky
-Rocky

Last edited:
You might actually win something by not putting money on me, CACH. I haven't driven in over 2 years (two accidents in three years...stopped driving before my parents could threaten to yank my insurance). But that's another story.

Runners from Colorado slowing down? Are you insane? Runners don't run. Besides, in Colorado, after those blizzards it was downright treacherous for vehicular, let alone pedestrian traffic. My last shift as a helper, I was stepping off the car, my foot hit a patch of black ice and down I went. I wasn't running, either. H*ll, I hadn't even started my forward movement yet! Pass I.Q. tests? Isn't that similar to our arguement that perhaps there should be a mandatory retirement age? Street goes two ways, Mr. CACH.

And Tooner, I too, feel very badly for the man's family. I send sincere thoughts and prayers to them. From a post by someone going by UPS Freight Worker, it sounds like Atlanta needs to go into UPSF/OVNT and do a top-down restructure of their safety department or lack thereof. Mergers and aquisitions of this type are almost more of a headache than they're worth as there is a ton of work to do to bring the acquired entity up to the acquiring entity's standards in such areas as safety. -Rocky
-Rocky

The point of my statement, Rock, was to point out how one should not call for changes in something they`re not involved in such as your with requirements for drivers. As your reply has shown when someone does this it invokes anger towards the person making the statement as yours did in me. I`m not calling for changes in your job but was only doing so to point out the absurdity in my doing it. No hard feelings were intended...toward you.

Cole

Very sad, my prayers and condolences to his family friends etc...Also the driver who did it will likley be fired, and on top of that will have the trauma of what happened with him the rest of his life.

Lakeland,

If my pre-loader looked like your avatar, I would come in and work off the clock, and help load my truck;)

retired2000

you have to remember this guy was working for ups freight not ups parcel service. he had been non union until ups bought out freight.