UPS Package Delivery Driver Help please!!!

UPSGUY72

The thing is that I have a masters degree, I speak three fluent languages and I have all kind of experiences,GM,Manager ect... I am 28 years old and been to over 15 countries for business, I owned my business for the last 3 years and now I CANT FIND A JOB!! To be honest after speaking to a friend who works as a driver for UPS it seems to me that it is the best choice available. I hope I get hired...Its sad to see what our country is going through!!

Well good luck I hope you get hired. UPS dpesn't care what you have done or can do as long as your not a criminal and have a good driving record for the past three years are the only things they are worried about check. On the other hand if you want to move on to management your background will help you there.

UPSGUY72

You post all your experience and need to know what you need for an interview?? Weak.

I know that

All I was saying is UPS doesn't really care what you did in your past. I am college graduate I flew helicopter in the Army and have my commercial helicopter pilot certificate and I didn't hired the first time around. They hired people with less education and experience then me before me.

Rhinoman

Suit and tie always impresses. Be a few early... They will not tell you, just "We'll call you if we have something for you." So make friends with the office staff and be sharp and good luck!
I was there 24 years as a FT employee and while it is a tough job, the pay is fair and the contract is solid. I am grateful for the years I spent there, almost all of them!

tunemixer

I believe temp drivers work June, July and August to cover summer vacations. Then Oct, Nov and dec. for peak. Take it if thats what they offer. With the way the economy is now you stand a good chance of staying on after you come back . Don't let anybody here or anywhere else talk you out of it. It isn't any easy job but the finanical rewards are worth it. And don't giveup. Stick with it. It will be a struggle at first learning the diad ,routes and all of the rest. But nothing in good life comes easy.

DS

Fenderbender
starting pay is $6.00 an hour anything after 8 hours is unpaid

you should of worked faster

This post should be deleted.The reason it is not is because this is the best way to point out to you City Driver that you should preview twice,post once(thx over9)
Are you trying to be funny?
Are you drunk?
Just being mean?
Another thing,your spelling is atrocious.
(You should've [should have] worked faster...)
You are entitled to your opinion,please have one.

brownrodster

I believe temp drivers work June, July and August to cover summer vacations. Then Oct, Nov and dec. for peak.

That's really weird. Must be a regional supplement thing. We don't hire temp drivers here other than in december. And no PTers drive. And laid off drivers don't get opportunity to work inside.... Strange how UPS differs all over hte country.

barnyard

KTM rider
This post should be deleted.The reason it is not is because this is the best way to point out to you City Driver that you should preview twice,post once(thx over9)
Are you drunk?
Just being mean?

I don't think it should be deleted. The OP could have done a search and answered his/her questions in less time than it took to post.

The lack of initiative will probably show in the interview and the OP will not be offered a job, so in the end, it all works out.

TB

City Driver

Are you drunk?
Just being mean?

chill out it was a joke

and english is my 2nd languaeg excuse me if it aint perfect

oh wait im sorry, ISN'T perfect

i forgot the grammar and spelling police were here