UPS Packaging Support

UPSNewbie

Help Your Stuff Make a Safe Trip
Pack your shipments right
What kind of carton should you use to ship auto parts? Which type of cushioning is best for liquids? Now there’s a quick and easy way to pack your shipments correctly — use the new Packaging Advisor* on ups..com.

Reduce waste and protect your packages
Over-packaging wastes resources and energy. Under-packaging risks damaging your shipments. Packaging Advisor helps eliminate these problems, giving you step-by-step guidance on packing items for safer shipment. Say goodbye to packaging guesswork — give Packaging Advisor a try now.
Maybe some people won't ship something in the stupidest packaging that falls apart when you pick it up, nevermind tossing or stepping, anymore.

UPS: Packaging Advisor

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Its the end of the school year time; those college kids will be packing up their stuff for the summer along with those that will not be returning next fall. It amazing to see just how dumb these educated kids are.
Stuffing boxes so full that they burst, and trying to claim that its UPS fault .

probellringer

i agree people dont know how to pack stuff....instead of 100 lbs of clothes in 1 box-make 2 boxes at 50 lbs----i tell the customer all the time after they say "what did u do to my box"---but also WE the drivers ALL must use common sense too when picking this stuff up---if it looks like it barely will get back to your truck-how u think it will look 1500 miles later? i dont know how many times ive gone to pickups and told them to repack...these people really have no clue...just to name a few-guy hands me a laptop and a label,or the box un-taped ---i turned it upside down ,put in under my shoulder and walked away as contents fell out to his amazement....they need to be told EVERYTHING...then theres people who tape the crap out of pkgs...i can go on and on......run with it
'

UPSNewbie

i agree people dont know how to pack stuff....instead of 100 lbs of clothes in 1 box-make 2 boxes at 50 lbs----i tell the customer all the time after they say "what did u do to my box"---but also WE the drivers ALL must use common sense too when picking this stuff up---if it looks like it barely will get back to your truck-how u think it will look 1500 miles later? i dont know how many times ive gone to pickups and told them to repack...these people really have no clue...just to name a few-guy hands me a laptop and a label,or the box un-taped ---i turned it upside down ,put in under my shoulder and walked away as contents fell out to his amazement....they need to be told EVERYTHING...then theres people who tape the crap out of pkgs...i can go on and on......run with it
'

My least favorite: Little "box" of bolts that weighs 25 pounds. The boxes have no rigidity. Basically six pieces of cardboard taped up air-tight. That's when the tape is the strongest part of the "box" and doesn't last from picking up off the trailer floor to on the belt. :biting:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As was mentioned above, we are the first line of defense in keeping questionable packages out of our system. My co-workers call me "the shaker" as I take the extra second or two to inspect and, yes, shake suspect packages and have no problem in politely declining to accept the package.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
Another good tip is putting the shipping and receiving address on a piece of paper inside the package incase the original shipping label gets torn off somehow

over9five

Staff member
As was mentioned above, we are the first line of defense in keeping questionable packages out of our system.

Yup, unfortunately this doesn't work at Feeder p/us where the customer loads the trailer. I'm sure this is how those 240 pounders get into the system.