UPS part time plan vs Teamcare

saintrick

The benefits listed in the Teamcare column are MY understanding of the current C6 plan document with the enhanced benefits given by the union and included in the memorandum of understanding in the TA page 43.

As per the memorandum, the enhanced benefits will only apply to those covered by the CS for the first time on 01/01/2014.

UPS will cover the differential between the CS and what the employee had as a benefit prior to 01/01/2014
for dental, short term disability and life insurance.

If you notice any incorrect info in the chart let me know.

UPS Part-Time​

Teamcare C6​
Medical Benefits
Medical Basic Provisions
Annual deductible

none​

$200 person/$400 family​
Annual out-of-pocket (OOP)

$1000 per person​

$1000 person / $2000 max(applies only to Major Medical)​
Physician Charges
Office visit

100% $10 copay​

100% $10 copay​
Inpatient surgery

100%​

80% after deductible​
Outpatient surgery

100%​

80% after deductible​
Physician in-hospital services

100%​

80% after deductible​
Allergy testing and treatment services

90%​

80% after deductible​
Hospital Facility Charges
Hospital admission fee

none​

none​
Inpatient services

100%​

100%​
Outpatient services

100%​

100%​
Emergency room care

100% within 72 hours ofaccident or hospitalization;otherwise $25 copay​

100% day of accident onlyotherwise80% after deductible (200/400)​
Ambulance related to an emergency

100%​

100%​
Ambulance related to an non-emergency
(if medically necessary)

100%​

100%​
Maternity Benefits
Physician charges

100% after $10 copayinitial visit​

80% after deductible​
Facility charges

100% (no admission fee)​

100% after deductible​
Preventive Care Benefits
Routine physical (standard guidelines)

100% after $10 copay​

100% after $10 copay​
OB-GYN exams

100% after $10 copay​

100% after deductible​
Well-child care(standard guidelines)

100% after $10 copay​

100% after $10 copay(Teamcare physician)​
Routine mammograms(standard guidelines)

100% after $10 copay​

100% after deductible​
Other Covered Expenses
Chiropractic care

90% ($40 visit; max$1000 per year)​

80% (after deductible)$1000 max​
Diagnostic x-ray and laboratory

90%​

80% (100% only if US Imaging/Quest)​
Hospice care inpatient

100%​

unknown​
Hospice care outpatient

100%​

unknown​
Skilled nursing facility

100%​

unknown​
Outpatient private duty nursing

100%​

unknown​
Home health care

100%​

unknown​
Rehabilitation and speech therapy

90%​

unknown​
Durable medical equipment

90%​

unknown​
Behavioral Health Benefits
Substance abuse treatment

100%​

80% no OOP max​
Mental health - inpatient

100%​

80% no OOP max​
Mental health - outpatient

100% after $10 copay​

80% no OOP max​
Dental Benefits
Preventive

100%​

100%​
Basic

100%​

100%​
Major

100%​

80%​
Orthodontia

50%​

100%​
Maximum benefits
Annual maximum per person

none​

none​
Orthodontia and TMJ

$1500 each child​

$1,500​
Additional Basic Benefits
Short term Disability

60% of average weekly basepay, max $500 for 26 weeks​

$300 first 10 weeks$350 weeks 11-16​
Employee life

1040 times base bay$10,000 min$100,000 max​

$40,000​
Spouse life

$5,000​

$4,000​
Children's life

$2,500​

$2,000​
Employee AD&D

1040 times base bay$10,000 min$100,000 max​

$40,000​
Extras
Adoption assistance

UPS pay $3500 or $5,000​

None​

TimeForChange

CSH.jpg
CSH.jpg

kingOFchester

Can someone explain HOW ups will cover the difference in dental, short term disability and life insurance? Would the C6 plan pay its portion and then the remaining deficit be submitted to UPS for payment? Do we pay what the c6 doesn't cover and then submit bill to UPS and UPS pays the short fall?

Asked 3 times and have gotten 3 answers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

UPS will not cover the difference nor will you be able to submit a bill to UPS for any shortfall.

As far as the dental (or any medical for that matter), the key is finding a "participating provider", which is a doctor or dentist who will accept the payment from the insurance company as payment in full. I never get a bill for my dental work---just a statement showing services provided, what the dentist charged and what the insurance company paid. The only bill I get for my doctor's visits is a $10 co-pay.

I strongly urge everyone who is facing the possibility of being switched to a union plan to look in to supplemental health and disability insurance now. Also, keep all of your receipts for tax time.

kingOFchester

UPS will not cover the difference nor will you be able to submit a bill to UPS for any shortfall.

As far as the dental (or any medical for that matter), the key is finding a "participating provider", which is a doctor or dentist who will accept the payment from the insurance company as payment in full. I never get a bill for my dental work---just a statement showing services provided, what the dentist charged and what the insurance company paid. The only bill I get for my doctor's visits is a $10 co-pay.

I strongly urge everyone who is facing the possibility of being switched to a union plan to look in to supplemental health and disability insurance now. Also, keep all of your receipts for tax time.

It is clearly written that those of us in a company plan will have our dental benefits remain the same with UPS paying the difference.

I strongly urge you read and understand before you comment on something you clearly do not comprehend.

Johney

CS now has no well child care and a $1500 maximum per year for dental per family member.That's a couple of things I know about. So I guess it gets better for me?

CS now has no well child care and a $1500 maximum per year for dental per family member.That's a couple of things I know about. So I guess it gets better for me?
I heard that if your hospital bill is over 10K...they just shoot you! That way you don't drain down the plan for your fellow teamsters !

kingOFchester

NOPE. Those of you currently in a union plan (roughly 60%) will remain with your current level of benefits. Those of us in company plan (roughly 40%) will be getting enhanced benefits. As told by the union today, this is what is causing such turmoil. The current union plan benefit holders (60%) are upset that those of us going into the union plan will have a better plan even tho we will all fall under the "Teamcare". The 40% of us leaving the company plan are upset because we are loosing our current benefits.

Johney

NOPE. Those of you currently in a union plan (roughly 60%) will remain with your current level of benefits. Those of us in company plan (roughly 40%) will be getting enhanced benefits. As told by the union today, this is what is causing such turmoil. The current union plan benefit holders (60%) are upset that those of us going into the union plan will have a better plan even tho we will all fall under the "Teamcare". The 40% of us leaving the company plan are upset because we are loosing our current benefits.
Funny because our stewards are telling us that our benefits will get better due to more members in the plan. Do you have any links to this? I'd sure like to make them eat crow if they are BSing us.

kingOFchester

Funny because our stewards are telling us that our benefits will get better due to more members in the plan. Do you have any links to this? I'd sure like to make them eat crow if they are BSing us.

I have documentation I can scan that states what our "enhancements" will be. Also, if you to the thread that smart girl posted, she and others from my union meeting can confirm what we were told. That our benefits will be better then those currently in the plan.

Johney

I have documentation I can scan that states what our "enhancements" will be. Also, if you to the thread that smart girl posted, she and others from my union meeting can confirm what we were told. That our benefits will be better then those currently in the plan.
Thanks I'll search around. I think our stewards are getting hand fed some BS and they are passing it onto us.

kingOFchester

PAGE 27 of TA:

United Parcel Service Inc. (UPS) and the Teamsters UPS National
Negotiating Committee (Union) provide the following in order to
detail the benefits available through Central States Health &
Welfare plan. Nothing within this Memorandum of Understanding
shall affect the Central States Health & Welfare Trustee’s right to
modify benefit levels.
1. The base benefits for all employees covered by the Central
States Health &Welfare Fund shall be the C6 schedule.

2. Enhancements shall be made in the C6 plan in the following
areas for all employees who will be covered by the Central States
Health & Welfare plan friendor the first time effective January 1, 2014:

Phased in deductible; reduced co-pays for medical office visits,
physical exams and well child care and mail order prescription
drugs.

4. Short term disability, life insurance and dental benefits will first
be provided through Central States Health & Welfare. UPS will
cover the differential between what Central States Health &
Welfare currently provides and what the employee had as a benefit
prior to January 1, 2014.

Posted to help Johney and to show UPSTATE he should ask questions first BEFORE making statements that are entirely off base.

brown_trousers

When do we officially switch to the different plan? I need to get some dental work done, and maybe a full workup of xrays and checkups before our healthcare benefits go to crap!

Never thought Id see the day our union sold us out this much. Even though we have the right to vote on it, it is just an insult for them to even reach a tentative agreement on such concessions, and then...... encourage all of us to vote yes! If I was in a RTW state I would consider opting out of the union

kingOFchester

Once again I have proved upstate wrong and once again he will not admit that he wrong. My father taught me a real man will always admit his wrongs and improve upon those short comings.

kingOFchester

From what I read your union local seems to have confused the words "enhanced" and "subsidized".

Post number 4 in this thread YOU said

"UPS will not cover the difference"

Please explain what this line from the TA means then:

"UPS will cover the differential between what Central States Health &
Welfare currently provides and what the employee had as a benefit
prior to January 1, 2014.