UPS part time plan vs Teamcare

tejano408

UPstateNYupser I been seeing your response to alot of these post you must be part of management or your one of these guys that hate the union. you don't hate it when it protects you, I should know I got one of those guys in my center he is on our safety committee. When they change his route a little or tell him he has to do an extra pick uo he rants and raves till management babies him. but he gets pissed off when guys like me don't want to sign anything I don't have to and says he hates the union for that reason. because you aren't one of these guys that are just ignorant and just listen to their BA telling them it's a good contract and to vote yes. either way I am not gonna change your mind I look at the contract it's a bad deal UPS can afford to give us better deal and a better retirement package. do want to finish my career at UPS I know I will finish my career at UPS or anywhere else as a teamster

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Well if you see the TA it shows that even if you use a participating provider that the coverage is less that the current benefits. Right now I can go to my participating provider and I pay my $5 and it is 100% coverage the language as you can see you will pay $10 and you will be covered up to 80% so where is that 20% coming from I don't think UPS is going to pay it like I said there goes your raise

1) The current co-pay for UPS-provided PT insurance is $10, not $5.

2) The average PTer will earn an additional $11,000 over the lifetime of the contract, and have his future wage bumped by $3.90.

3) Yes, we'll pay more for our medical coverage, but many of the fee increases can be avoided with some hassle/panning. When the deductible peaks in several years, at most the average PTer will incur an additional several hundred dollars. Our dental payouts will not change (UPS is guaranteeing they'll be the same), and the vision insurance may be better for many of us. As I've mentioned before, VSP utilizes independent optometrists whereas EYEMED has access to chain, discount optical chains. Macy's often charges less than half per pair of designer framers than most optometrists; I purchased a pair of glasses - with an exam - for $99 last year which was LESS than what my VSP provider would've charged WITH insurance.

4) You have the ability to control your out-of-pocket medical costs. If you have severe chest pains, you absolutely need to go to the E.R. If your 5-year-old sneezes, you have no reason to go to the E.R. (or even a doctor). Be diligent -- if you have severe, or prolonged, symptoms from cold/flu, then you need to see a doctor. But such symptoms are rare, and most of the time you should merely rest a few days - there's nothing a doctor can do to help. If you have a positive relationship with your doctor, then you may be able to handle some of your health issues over the phone without an office visit cost.

5) UPS wasn't willing to continue to provide the health insurance status quo. Maintaining it was not an option. And I feel the union did a decent job in getting us both no-cost health care & a healthy raise ... personally, I'd rather have a bigger raise and slightly increased health care costs (e.g. $20 office visits) -- I exercise discretion when choosing to seek medical attention (using the method listed above). Why should I pay for those who don't?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

UPstateNYupser I been seeing your response to alot of these post you must be part of management or your one of these guys that hate the union. you don't hate it when it protects you, I should know I got one of those guys in my center he is on our safety committee. When they change his route a little or tell him he has to do an extra pick uo he rants and raves till management babies him. but he gets pissed off when guys like me don't want to sign anything I don't have to and says he hates the union for that reason. because you aren't one of these guys that are just ignorant and just listen to their BA telling them it's a good contract and to vote yes. either way I am not gonna change your mind I look at the contract it's a bad deal UPS can afford to give us better deal and a better retirement package. do want to finish my career at UPS I know I will finish my career at UPS or anywhere else as a teamster

If you PM me your address I would be more than happy to forward you a dictionary and some much-needed punctuation. Dave.

tejano408

1) The current co-pay for UPS-provided PT insurance is $10, not $5.

2) The average PTer will earn an additional $11,000 over the lifetime of the contract, and have his future wage bumped by $3.90.

3) Yes, we'll pay more for our medical coverage, but many of the fee increases can be avoided with some hassle/panning. When the deductible peaks in several years, at most the average PTer will incur an additional several hundred dollars. Our dental payouts will not change (UPS is guaranteeing they'll be the same), and the vision insurance may be better for many of us. As I've mentioned before, VSP utilizes independent optometrists whereas EYEMED has access to chain, discount optical chains. Macy's often charges less than half per pair of designer framers than most optometrists; I purchased a pair of glasses - with an exam - for $99 last year which was LESS than what my VSP provider would've charged WITH insurance.

4) You have the ability to control your out-of-pocket medical costs. If you have severe chest pains, you absolutely need to go to the E.R. If your 5-year-old sneezes, you have no reason to go to the E.R. (or even a doctor). Be diligent -- if you have severe, or prolonged, symptoms from cold/flu, then you need to see a doctor. But such symptoms are rare, and most of the time you should merely rest a few days - there's nothing a doctor can do to help. If you have a positive relationship with your doctor, then you may be able to handle some of your health issues over the phone without an office visit cost.

5) UPS wasn't willing to continue to provide the health insurance status quo. Maintaining it was not an option. And I feel the union did a decent job in getting us both no-cost health care & a healthy raise ... personally, I'd rather have a bigger raise and slightly increased health care costs (e.g. $20 office visits) -- I exercise discretion when choosing to seek medical attention (using the method listed above). Why should I pay for those who don't?
are you under company or union plan

tejano408

i guess your name is dave well i'm not to worried about the punctuation or spelling and i'm not here trying to bad mouth anyone just showing TA is not a good deal and how that i can help others see it a mistake and no i won't pm you

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

i guess your name is dave well i'm not to worried about the punctuation or spelling and i'm not here trying to bad mouth anyone just showing TA is not a good deal and how that i can help others see it a mistake and no i won't pm you

I suggest you let others help others as most would ignore you or dismiss you once they read what you are so desperately trying to say.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Since my local is not involved in the UPS Healthcare plan or Teamcare, how am I supposed to vote for or against it. I haven't seen any info on either except what I read on here. Sure cant base a decision on that conflicting info.

Inthegame

Since my local is not involved in the UPS Healthcare plan or Teamcare, how am I supposed to vote for or against it. I haven't seen any info on either except what I read on here. Sure cant base a decision on that conflicting info.
It's a comprehensive deal that affects many work groups. If you're not in the military Art 15 doesn't apply to you, yet the benefit is worthwhile. If your vehicle isn't a diesel, Art 18 doesn't apply. This book covers CSI,TCI, UPS Frt., Feeders, Package, PT, Air...
If you wanted an individual contract, you're in the wrong business.

tejano408

I suggest you let others help others as most would ignore you or dismiss you once they read what you are so desperately trying to say.
your a sup or a manager and you got upset it's understandable I tend to upset manager and sups. It's like when I file grievance on a manager or a sup for working when they shouldn't then he tries to start an argument with me with irrelevant reason why they are working. Just like you are trying to say this TA is a good deal. Just like when I said it a fact that UPS said that when you retire when you hit 65 they are not going to offer health insurance to everyone that busted their ass for UPS. And the union is offering health benefits starting 1/1/14 at $150 a month and it goes up to $300 a month by 2016. And this is for guys that are under the company package. And as I said when it's time for me to retire I want to be able to afford my benefits this TA will not. And there is more concessions in this TA favoring UPS that why a NO VOTE

tejano408

well it's great for you and the members in your local unfortunately not all of us are not that fortunate we are under the company plan so it is gonna suck for most of us. Help your other teamsters brothers and sisters by voting No because it will hurt us there is a lot of concessions that are favoring UPS so that why we are asking for a NO vote

saintrick

My son's recent ER visit and one day hospital stay is going to cost me $15.20. Under the new plan it would have cost me $1000.

over9five

Staff member
My son's recent ER visit and one day hospital stay is going to cost me $15.20. Under the new plan it would have cost me $1000.

38527332.jpg

Catatonic

Nine Lives

This does not sound correct.
An ER visit that results in admission to the hospital is not "penalized" like this.

An ER visit without admission would incur "penalty" costs.

saintrick

This does not sound correct.
An ER visit that results in admission to the hospital is not "penalized" like this.

An ER visit without admission would incur "penalty" costs.

The Teamcare website states that ER visits are paid at 80%. The C6 plan does have an outpatient accidental bodily injury benefit that covers 100% but my son's condition would not qualify.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The Teamcare website states that ER visits are paid at 80%. The C6 plan does have an outpatient accidental bodily injury benefit that covers 100% but my son's condition would not qualify.

I'll take your word.
All policies I have seen treat ER visits that result in hospitalization like a regular hospitalization which is usually $150 - $250.
$1000 seems high but may be the case.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I'll take your word.
All policies I have seen treat ER visits that result in hospitalization like a regular hospitalization which is usually $150 - $250.

The FTers here are in Central States. My buddy's son decided to celebrate his 18th birthday by getting drunk, playing Tarzan & jumping out of a tree. The kid was nearly paralyzed, spent weeks in the hospital + all the fun follow-ups / therapy, and my buddy says his treatment clocked in at less than $1000 out-of-pocket. So while saintrick may be correct in his assumptions, I'm skeptical of his interpretations.

upswife75

I'm on the teamster plan. I had outpatient surgery on Monday. My deductible is met and the hospital portion cost me $100. The surgeon cost me $20. 20 percocet for pain afterwards, $0.87. If I assume around the same amount for the anesthesiologist as when my husband had surgery last year, likely around $60 or so for that. Considering there are people losing their homes over something as simple as my procedure, I don't think I have much to complain about.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Why are you reading what the C6 plan would cover? Unless your in the Central States, you'll be covered under the enhanced C6 plan which doesn't exist yet. No one has an EOB for the enhanced C6 plan yet. I think you have a right to be concerned about what could happen with the new plan, but don't use the C6 plan as a basis since it's not going to be your reality. Don't wipe your arse before you :censored2:. I voted no specifically because there's no information on the enhance plan.

saintrick

I'll take your word.

I think you are right.

CS defines hospital confinement as
A hospital stay of at least overnight duration. An
emergency room visit is not part of a Hospital
Confinement unless it leads directly to a stay in a
hospital room.

Since the ER visit resulted in a hospital stay I think the hospital expense benefit of 100% (after deductible) would apply.

saintrick

Why are you reading what the C6 plan would cover? Unless your in the Central States, you'll be covered under the enhanced C6 plan which doesn't exist yet. No one has an EOB for the enhanced C6 plan yet. I think you have a right to be concerned about what could happen with the new plan, but don't use the C6 plan as a basis since it's not going to be your reality. Don't wipe your arse before you :censored2:. I voted no specifically because there's no information on the enhance plan.

I do not expect an enhanced C6 plan.

The memorandum of understanding states benefits will be the C6 schedule. The enhancements are reduced co-pays and the 200/400 deductible being phased in. UPS will also cover the difference in short term disability, dental, and life insurance.

Does anyone expect other enhancements?