UPS Pay Progression SUCKS!

Newsflash! To the OP-your way of thinking is exactly what UPS wants and they thank you. You completed their "military style" course,so youre frame of mind is youve accomplished alot and have a bright future with the company.This frame of mind gets YOU to become whats known as a "burner".(run boy,run!) Not only do you end up doing 50% more work but you do it for 40% less money.Thats whats known as a win-win for UPS. And last but not least,most "burners" will be burnt out before they reach full scale,quit, and be replaced by another "burner" with the same dreams. A vicious cycle but its UPS' equivalent to outsourcing jobs overseas to keep costs low. Think about it!!!

I just wanted to rant a little on my disgust with the pay progression at UPS. Starting out in this company is so hard to do. New driver you are bumped out alot, tossed around all the time, and expected to do more work than pretty much anybody else simply because you are the low guy. Last week I ran 4-11 hour days which to me is ridiculous. Thats actual on road hours to not planned hours. My planned hours were 11.5 and 11.2. I was the only one in the center getting back in after 8. I understand being the low guy and having to start lower than the guys that have earned their way. I totally understand and respect that. However having to wait 3 YEARS before I make that amount of money is absolutely ridiculous!!!!

I went to Integrad and their big story was all the new hires were quitting because of lack of training-one word-WRONG!!!! Its the pay they are making thats making them quit. Nobody wants to do this job and work this hard, deal with the stress, and put up with some mouthy supervisor EVERY MORNING for $16 an hour.

I am in no way shape or form bashing the guys who make the top pay, I realize you earned it, worked to get there and am happy for you. Just wondered how many of you went through the same thought process Im at right now?
Are you at top rate now or did you quit?

rod

Retired 22 years
F5744669-8A8F-445C-BB98-6B8B62D92855.jpeg