UPS Peak Non Fail Thank You

Scuba Steve

I'm sorry the media didn't cover the stories like mine. With the volume you guys handle I know there were more stories like mine than failures reported by the media.

UPS came thru for me numerous times this peak season. I had an oversized package from California ship on Dec. 16th arrive Dec. 20th to Florida. It was supposed to take 5 days, you guys got it here in 4!!! If you count the weekend it arrived 3 days early!!!!

I forgot 2 last minute gifts going to 2 different destinations. I ordered them on Dec. 20th, very late in the evening. The retailer had free 2day air. I didn't expect them to arrive until Thursday since they would not be shipped until Monday. It was a high volume retailer (not Amazon). The retailer shipped the product from their warehouse in Louisville with in an hour of ordering (after 10pm). Both items arrived Monday again a full day ahead of schedule during the busiest week!!!!

I want to say thank you for all the hard work you all do at UPS. Thank you for making your customers Christmas special. Thank you for busting your asses everyday. I wish the media would cover stories like mine.

Scuba Steve

I want to add something too hopefully the media see this. UPS' daily volume is 16.3 million packages per day. I don't know how much that grows during peak. If UPS is 99% effective at delivering every one of those 16.3 million packages per day, that leave 163 thousand packages that have delivery issues everyday (Missing labels, boxes broken, wrong addresses, weather)

How many companies do you know that can operate 100% everyday especially with so many outside factors to figure such as weather? Amazon can't, Walmart, forget it.

UPS (every employee) does an amazing job to get our packages to us. I hope the media looks at the volume UPS handles and realize that it's amazing how your company can do what they do in the time you do it in. Again Thank you!!!

Nimnim

The Nim
Thanks for the kind words, I know we're not perfect, and we do make mistakes that causes someone to not get their package when they expected. I like to think that most of the UPS employees, think the same way I do in that their job is to do their best to ensure the customer is happy. I know technically the people who things are ordered from is the customer, but in my mind the people who are the most important are the people who receive the packages and I see them as who I work for.

Thanks again, appreciation from customers is worth a lot to many of us.

Future

Victory Ride
Thank You for your gratitude! We try 110% every day to take care of the customer. It was nice of you to acknowledge this.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Your comments are most appreciated. You confirm why I enjoy my job. I view my route as visiting friends and when anfailure occurs I take it personally. You the customer deserve better than what the wizards of Atlanta cobbled together this year. Will they learn their lesson? Doubtful. They will either find a gee whiz technical solution that won't work or just blame the drivers.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

I'm sorry the media didn't cover the stories like mine. With the volume you guys handle I know there were more stories like mine than failures reported by the media.

UPS came thru for me numerous times this peak season. I had an oversized package from California ship on Dec. 16th arrive Dec. 20th to Florida. It was supposed to take 5 days, you guys got it here in 4!!! If you count the weekend it arrived 3 days early!!!!

I forgot 2 last minute gifts going to 2 different destinations. I ordered them on Dec. 20th, very late in the evening. The retailer had free 2day air. I didn't expect them to arrive until Thursday since they would not be shipped until Monday. It was a high volume retailer (not Amazon). The retailer shipped the product from their warehouse in Louisville with in an hour of ordering (after 10pm). Both items arrived Monday again a full day ahead of schedule during the busiest week!!!!

I want to say thank you for all the hard work you all do at UPS. Thank you for making your customers Christmas special. Thank you for busting your asses everyday. I wish the media would cover stories like mine.
Dude, fwiw, if I met you in person I'd give you a calendar for your kind words. My way of saying thank you for saying thank you, besides the obligatory handshake. I'd hug you but.....I am not supposed to hug strangers.

Dude, fwiw, if I met you in person I'd give you a calendar for your kind words. My way of saying thank you for saying thank you, besides the obligatory handshake. I'd hug you but.....I am not supposed to hug strangers.

Not supposed to but hasn't stopped you yet? :)

barnyard

KTM rider
Thanks for taking the time to register and write up your comments. You took quite a bit of effort to add your 2 cents and I really appreciate that.

JL 0513

One of the most common comments I hear from customers is "That was quick!"

It's too bad a blunder like this year's peak can overshadow an outstanding service company.

It it wasn't for the stupid media over blowing this, it wouldn't have been that big a deal. The media can shape whatever opinions they want.

barnyard

KTM rider
The problem is not the media. The problem is that this is the 1st time this has happened to UPS on this scale. Happens to FE every year, it has even been mentioned in every article that I have read and the 2 TV spots that I have seen.

It is way, way, way worse with regionals. We have a regional shipper HQd here. They typically are 1-2 WEEKS late by the 2nd week of December. If the past is any indication, they will be delivering December volume well into January. It cannot be that different at any other regional.

I am hoping that the lesson learned by retailers will be 'no free NDA.'

I want to thank you for your kind words and optimism.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
The problem is not the media. The problem is that this is the 1st time this has happened to UPS on this scale. Happens to FE every year, it has even been mentioned in every article that I have read and the 2 TV spots that I have seen.

It is way, way, way worse with regionals. We have a regional shipper HQd here. They typically are 1-2 WEEKS late by the 2nd week of December. If the past is any indication, they will be delivering December volume well into January. It cannot be that different at any other regional.

I am hoping that the lesson learned by retailers will be 'no free NDA.'
agreed. Don't blame media. Or angry last minute customers. Ups upper management completely dropped the ball. And it all exploded in there face. They were completly aware of the shorter peak and the increased volume and that it was winter and inclement wheather was going to happen. Didn't care. Even gave interviews to news media before peak " leaner and meaner". Lol. Great job ups management. Hope your happy.

Overpaid Union Thug

I certainly do blame the media. They are the ones just running with the story in all directions. These are the same fools that caused the recession by scaring the general public before there actually was one.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I certainly do blame the media. They are the ones just running with the story in all directions. These are the same fools that caused the recession by scaring the general public before there actually was one.

While the media did not directly cause the recession they certainly perpetuated it.

Recession is not caused by news media. Irresponsible spending and predatory lending,yes. Media. No

This.

Predatory Lending is a media driven myth

Interest only, ARM's, mortgages to clearly unqualified applicants, pay-day lenders, rent-to-own retailers, H&R Block early refund loans are all considered to be predatory lending.

Overpaid Union Thug

Recession is not caused by news media. Irresponsible spending and predatory lending,yes. Media. No

The media claimed there was a recession long before there even was one (by definition) and therefore scared the general public into believing it. The general public cut back on spending. Employers cut back on hiring. This compounded with people signing on for mortgages that they couldn't afford and shady banking practices (both from the banks and from the government forcing them to give loans to people that couldn't afford them) started the recession. So, the media created the recession. Why? It was an election year.