Ups Peak Sucks!

UPSGUY72

my History, in my center UPS is hiring a lot of seasonal workers and consequence of that the trainees that know already how to work don't have work to do, in my center this week a bunch of new drivers just worked one day, thing that i see unfair. they just want to look good in papers but they don't care about us, that we have family to feed, rent and bill to pay, when we sign the contract papers ,we sign for full timer not to be like wondering if we will work or not, it sucks to be mourning and going every morning to UPS and then having to come back home because there is not work for us.

Are a seasonal/ casual hire or FT permanent employee ?

If your a FT permanent UPS employee the rest your 8 hrs guarantee. If your a seasonal / casual your not guaranteed any hrs.

Are a seasonal/ casual hire or FT permanent employee ?
If your a FT permanent UPS employee the rest your 8 hrs guarantee. If your a seasonal / casual your not guaranteed any hrs.
when i applied for the job was for a Full time Package car delivery driver and in the interview they said that they were mandatory overtime and by now i'm not even reaching the 40 hours :annoyed:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
when i applied for the job was for a Full tim Package car delivery driver and in the interview they said that they were mandatory overtime and by now i'm not even reaching the 40 hours :annoyed:
When were you hired? Mandatory overtime means it's required when UPS says so...it does not guarantee you OT.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Lets face it now peak is gonna be another unorganized mess especially here at pleasantdale. I can already see it happening when we are shuttled to work 5 to 10miles away along with the managers starting Monday, oh boy can't wait to extend our down time from work an additional 30 minutes. Don't forget anything out of your car. They don't want to expand the building. Another indication is the massive amount of newbies inside on each belt pulling cages and looking stupid(what do I do?) There instructions are to get it to the car let the mindless loader shove it on the car. They're in the way , this is the answer to handling too much in an unorganized environment.Reality guys the cars are too small but a residential routes wouldn't benefit from a bigger car. The packages are too big at times and the constant misloads are another common sense fact that whatever happens before we leave to deliver sets up the inconsistent day of unproductivity. Let me get into helpers varying from overweightness , too old, or can't get to the bus stop on time. Give them 10bucks an hour , its in your budget and don't friend with their check this time whether its a human mistake or not. Can't we rent trucks like ours instead of Penske, u haul, or Ryder that deliveries are made out of the back with out shelves to hold everything. God, what a stupid backward spor way to crank out out the deliveries with little cost effectiveness. I could go on but it doesn't matter so I'm done.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Lets face it now peak is gonna be another unorganized mess especially here at pleasantdale. I can already see it happening when we are shuttled to work 5 to 10miles away along with the managers starting Monday, oh boy can't wait to extend our down time from work an additional 30 minutes. Don't forget anything out of your car. They don't want to expand the building. Another indication is the massive amount of newbies inside on each belt pulling cages and looking stupid(what do I do?) There instructions are to get it to the car let the mindless loader shove it on the car. They're in the way , this is the answer to handling too much in an unorganized environment.Reality guys the cars are too small but a residential routes wouldn't benefit from a bigger car. The packages are too big at times and the constant misloads are another common sense fact that whatever happens before we leave to deliver sets up the inconsistent day of unproductivity. Let me get into helpers varying from overweightness , too old, or can't get to the bus stop on time. Give them 10bucks an hour , its in your budget and don't friend with their check this time whether its a human mistake or not. Can't we rent trucks like ours instead of Penske, u haul, or Ryder that deliveries are made out of the back with out shelves to hold everything. God, what a stupid backward spor way to crank out out the deliveries with little cost effectiveness. I could go on but it doesn't matter so I'm done.
But we are working Black Friday. That will solve everything.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
But we are working Black Friday. That will solve everything.
That's the UPS holiday motto this year. Remember the old one....lol
2014-10-09-09-58-27-1458526600.jpeg

UPSGUY72

when i applied for the job was for a Full time Package car delivery driver and in the interview they said that they were mandatory overtime and by now i'm not even reaching the 40 hours :annoyed:

What month where you hired in ?? If your started working after June 1st your where hired as a FT seasonal / casual package not a FT permanent UPS employee most people hired off the street as FT permanent employee have work as a seasonal drivers for UPS.

That being said as I said before your not guaranteed any hours of work and you have no seniority rights so they can ask what ever seasonal driver they want to drive on any given day not matter how long they have or haven't been working at UPS.

As you said they are hiring more Seasonal driver and your not working because they are training them so they know if they can do the job or not when the volume picks up and they are needed.

You can stick it out and hope that UPS hires you on FT after the second week of the new year and or calls you back in Jun of next year or you can bail and have no chance of ever being a FT permanent Driver for UPS.