UPS Pilot Strike! What will you do with the extra time off?

Holydriver

This company in my opinion is really treating its employees like crap.
I've been saying this on BC for quite some time. What is everyone's response? "I get paid by the hour" "the pay and benefits are great" and all sorts of other BS. Then everyone thinks I'm retarded for saying there is a lot of job opportunities that pay well and treat employees right. Ups is a horrible company when it comes to how they treat their people. This includes hourlies and management alike. It's my understanding that Amazon is the same way...

ManInBrown

They can treat me like crap all they want. In one ear and out the other. Couldn't care less. As long as the check clears. I'm not here to be treated with kid gloves. I'm here for a paycheck.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
tumblr_inline_nxnyipTD2A1rnh8ob_500.gif
You don't count... Lol

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I've been saying this on BC for quite some time. What is everyone's response? "I get paid by the hour" "the pay and benefits are great" and all sorts of other BS. Then everyone thinks I'm retarded for saying there is a lot of job opportunities that pay well and treat employees right. Ups is a horrible company when it comes to how they treat their people. This includes hourlies and management alike. It's my understanding that Amazon is the same way...
I'm pretty sure you ask any 20 year plus guy and they will tell you that the current state of employee relations to ups is crap.

Dr.Brownz

UPS is an evil force. They have most of their employees believing that toxic, unclean, and unsafe working conditions are normal. And then the employees who like you said respond with "I get paid by the hour, WAD, ect...." get mad when its brought up because ups had instilled an attiude in them that they are : "such a good driver, way faster than everyone else" and complaining means you lazy

Last edited:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Ive heard its an open secret in upper management that the plan is to burn out as many unvested drivers as possible.
They are just burning their own mgt teams out... That's all. Eventually something big will go down like a monster lawsuit or something that will start to change this " culture" here.

Dr.Brownz

They are just burning their own mgt teams out... That's all. Eventually something big will go down like a monster lawsuit or something that will start to change this " culture" here.

Lol Yeah im waiting for the DIAD training we will get from the blowback from the lawsuits out of the south and LA. So far no mention of either by management. We got that tobacco one after fedex got sued.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
It was never like this. I have no clue how the newbies are going to make 30 years.
Ups better figure out a better long term plan because ruling by fear and intimidation doesn't work on this millennial generation. We had a cover driver decide he's not working this week and since the primary pt job never checks with the center, nothing they can do.

I do believe it all comes in waves and balances. It also depends on your relationship with your center manager etc.

But the fear thing tends to backfire when people have had enough

Holydriver

They can treat me like crap all they want. In one ear and out the other. Couldn't care less. As long as the check clears. I'm not here to be treated with kid gloves. I'm here for a paycheck.
This is my point entirely. I'm assuming you'd prefer to be treated better though, right? Sure you don't mind being looked at as a POS by your employer, but if you had the choice you'd choose a better working relationship....right?

Ups better figure out a better long term plan because ruling by fear and intimidation doesn't work on this millennial generation. We had a cover driver decide he's not working this week and since the primary pt job never checks with the center, nothing they can do.

I do believe it all comes in waves and balances. It also depends on your relationship with your center manager etc.

But the fear thing tends to backfire when people have had enough
I've seen more drivers quit the past few years . More than I've seen during my entire career.