UPS Pilots Support the Cravaack-Bishop "Safe Skies Act of 2012" H.R. 4350

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
The Independent Pilots Association (UPS pilots) fully supports H.R. 4350, the "Safe Skies Act of 2012" introduced today by U.S. Representative Chip Cravaack (MN) and cosponsored by U.S. Representative Tim Bishop (D-NY). "Congressman Cravaack has shown real leadership today by introducing legislation to ensure that the FAA's recently enacted flight duty and rest requirements for passenger airlines equally apply to all-cargo carriers, which had been excluded from its final rule (FAR Part 117)," said IPA President, Captain Robert Travis; "The Cravaack- Bishop 'Safe Skies Act of 2012' will bring the FAA's final rule back in line with Congress's original intent, one level of safety for U.S. aviation."

The Independent Pilots Association represents the 2,600 pilots who fly for United Parcel Service.

Please go to: Congressman Chip Cravaack : Press Releases to see Congressman Cravaack's release on this issue.

SOURCE Independent Pilots Association
Independent Pilots Association

barnyard

KTM rider
Interesting that an anti-union, Tea Party Republican would introduce/support seeming pro-union legislation in an election year.

A bit of history...... Cravaack beat long-serving Jim Oberstar in the mid-term elections. Oberstar has done a lot of good for Mn and it appears that he was beat because he was out-campaigned. He spent very little time campaigning as he thought there was no way he could be beat by a Tea Party Republican in an area of Mn that is possibly the most pro-union part of the state.

Call me jaded, but I suspect that Cravaack is pandering to the union vote here. Not that I am against the measure, Cravaack is just the last person that I would expect to see bring a piece of pro-union legislation to the House.

barnyard

KTM rider
I forgot that the congressman is a pilot and member of the pilots union. I find that even more disturbing that a union member could also be a Tea Party Republican. It makes no sense, no sense at all.