UPS Profits Top $4.3 Billion

Karma...

The only reason full-timers have the benefits they enjoy is because of the part-timers losing 50% of their compensation to the union which in turn supports the full-timers.....ft rides on the pt backs.......perhaps one day the pt people will wake up...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The only reason full-timers have the benefits they enjoy is because of the part-timers losing 50% of their compensation to the union which in turn supports the full-timers.....ft rides on the pt backs.......perhaps one day the pt people will wake up...

...until then thanks for the lift...

over9five

Staff member
Go to union meetings. You guys could dictate your wages if only you'd participate.

btrlov

Totally agree. I have seen plenty of UPS retirees in my building still working collecting SS, Pension and wage. Greed on both sides. Part-timer should have more of a say in their wages. There should be a steward dedicated to partimers or a partimer union delegate that specifically represents the interest of part timers(even if they fail to attend union meetings)

btrlov

Sometimes people forget that we live in a capitalist society. Which means that a group people capitalize wealth from others. Money/resources are finite. So if someone has a good wage, that means another person somewhere in the group HAS to have the low wage. Just because a company is profitable doesn't mean that everyone in the company is entitled to a good wage or benefits..... Western society just doesn't work that way

Time to get lifetime benefits ! $4.3 billion

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Not sure what you meant by this....but i sewed 4 yrs before i reaped.

Means upstate was hired off the street as a driver and didn't work any part time. Go back and look at many of his posts though he is one of the biggest advocates for a higher starting wage.

Inthegame

50%??? Dues are based on wage rates. If under $11, it's 2X the rate., if over $11, it's 2.5X. That isn't close to 50%. And the reason full timers have the benefits they enjoy is because they're involved.

Totally agree. I have seen plenty of UPS retirees in my building still working collecting SS, Pension and wage. Greed on both sides. Part-timer should have more of a say in their wages. There should be a steward dedicated to partimers or a partimer union delegate that specifically represents the interest of part timers(even if they fail to attend union meetings)
Do you work at a UPS facility? Part timers have dedicated stewards in their operations. They also have business agents that "specifically" represent their interest even if they don't attend meetings (which they don't).
The point here is being a union member requires a little effort, like coming out to express your views to those agents/stewards. Full timers get what the get because they are involved. Remember UPS works the %$#* out of full timers too, so don't use excuses.
What retirees do in retirement is irrelevant to part time wages.