UPS Quotes of the Day

Shazam!

Any one have any great supver/ employee conversations that just crack you up? Here s one:Sup: Bob your perfomance # s are awful! What can i do to help you?Bob: you could kill yourself.Lmfao----true story!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Any one have any great supver/ employee conversations that just crack you up? Here s one:Sup: Bob your perfomance # s are awful! What can i do to help you?Bob: you could kill yourself.Lmfao----true story!

When will you be appearing at open-mic night?

brown_trousers

I overheard a smalls supervisor last week in PCM, insisting that they grab letters by opposite corners and lift in their power zone. I couldn't help but laugh a little bit as I was walking by. How unrealistic that would be!

over9five

Staff member
"According to our records, you have already voted on this thread"

Damn, can't vote 'terrible' twice I guess.....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I overheard a smalls supervisor last week in PCM, insisting that they grab letters by opposite corners and lift in their power zone. I couldn't help but laugh a little bit as I was walking by. How unrealistic that would be!

Almost as bad (and for the same reason) as the FedEx Ground drivers putting info notices on every residential delivery.

Re-Raise

Feb. of this year we had a massive snowstorm hit the midwest. It snowed about 20 inches over the course of the day. It was so bad that I couldn't stop the package car even on residential streets because you couldn't get moving again. Cars were stuck all over, even on the main roads.

It was the storm that shut down Lakeshore in Chicago.

Anyway I make it back to our small central Illinois center the same time as another driver. He tried to back his package car into the building , but wasn't able to because of all the snow in the lot.

I went into the center and asked the center manager where we should park the package cars until they cleared the lot because it was impossible to get into the building. He stood up seemingly oblivious to the weather outside the building and said "they just plowed the lot this morning"

I looked at him and said with a straight face.."It has snowed a little since this morning"

Every time..which is often.. that management says something that shows how detached they are from the reality we face as drivers, we look at each other and say."they just plowed it this morning"

over9five

Staff member
Feb. of this year we had a massive snowstorm hit the midwest. It snowed about 20 inches over the course of the day. It was so bad that I couldn't stop the package car even on residential streets because you couldn't get moving again. Cars were stuck all over, even on the main roads.

It was the storm that shut down Lakeshore in Chicago.

Anyway I make it back to our small central Illinois center the same time as another driver. He tried to back his package car into the building , but wasn't able to because of all the snow in the lot.

I went into the center and asked the center manager where we should park the package cars until they cleared the lot because it was impossible to get into the building. He stood up seemingly oblivious to the weather outside the building and said "they just plowed the lot this morning"

I looked at him and said with a straight face.."It has snowed a little since this morning"

Every time..which is often.. that management says something that shows how detached they are from the reality we face as drivers, we look at each other and say."they just plowed it this morning"

OK, that one was good!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
'You were expected to Scratch during your first 30 days,and we expect you to Scratch now!' The supervisor who told me this was about 5 when i started driving =)~

705red

Browncafe Steward
Sup, you ran an hour and a half over yesterday. Me, do you think I would be an hour and a half over if I ran? I walked an hour and a half over.

Me: (Mon) I'm gonna be back around 9pm... (Tues) I'm gonna have missed biz... (Wed) My truck just caught fire.... Sup: (his coined answer to everything) "Ummm......thats not good...."

browned out

Sup "Tell me what happened out there yesterday." Me " I went to first stop, parked car,delivered packages, got back in car went to second stop; delivered packages,back in car; got stuck by train, gate went up after train passed, went to third stop delivered packages, got back in truck to 4th stop, on way there kid chased his ball toward truck, stopped truck; waited for kid, ....... 20th stop took a pee, etc etc

browned out

A good one of the over harassed old timers told me.

Sup: You better find another gear

Driver: I got two gears, if you don't like this one; you are gonna hate the other one:happy-very::happy-very::happy-very:

upsgrunt

Several managers ago we went to the center manager as a group and complained about the workload and the cutting of routes. His response; " we didn't cut any routes- we just planned 3 too many."

oof!