UPS Racing

H

hseofpayne

What about sponsoring the truck series, Craftsman is done at the end of this year. I don't know what Nationwide paid to sponsor the Busch series but I bet we could get the trucks for a reasonable amount. Being the series sponsor offers many more opportunities than car sponsorship!

They could change the caution flag to brown and start calling the wrecks FUC@ UPS! All the races would start 30 minutes late but be expected to make up that time on track by skipping pit stops. If you did have to pit, any time spent on pit row would be deducted from your winnings. The crew chiefs would be required to call the drivers on the radio every few minutes to ask 'em how many laps they had left. The whole series would have to run retreads and regular unleaded. Winners circle would have one 6 pack of K-Cola to be shared by the winning team. The national anthem would be sung by somebody famouses brothers cousins sister. If you wrecked at all, even if it wasn't your fault, you'd be black flagged. Top prize would be an AMEX card loaded with brownie points. Any body got any other ideas?

JustTired

free at last.......
They could change the caution flag to brown and start calling the wrecks FUC@ UPS! All the races would start 30 minutes late but be expected to make up that time on track by skipping pit stops. If you did have to pit, any time spent on pit row would be deducted from your winnings. The crew chiefs would be required to call the drivers on the radio every few minutes to ask 'em how many laps they had left. The whole series would have to run retreads and regular unleaded. Winners circle would have one 6 pack of K-Cola to be shared by the winning team. The national anthem would be sung by somebody famouses brothers cousins sister. If you wrecked at all, even if it wasn't your fault, you'd be black flagged. Top prize would be an AMEX card loaded with brownie points. Any body got any other ideas?

Good one!!

You forgot....if they make driver follow EDD, he would probably be making all righthand turns. If he wins after 500 laps and sets a new track record, he will probably have to do 520 laps next time.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member

How about racing in the rain too. Maybe have Larry the Cable Guy do some TV & radio broadcasts !

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen

Certainly you would be penalized for not winning, told to try harder, plus if you were winning a race, you have to stop in the "Management Pit" to go over safety procedures. Your crew could work on your car, but only for 12 seconds - after that you have to finish whatever they started yourself. Prior to replacing tires, there would have to be a meeting of ALL of the crews immediately - which would start 15-20 minutes later - to go over proper lifting, de-lugging, and grip methods, with some clever acronym (Begin Unless Lower Left Strut Has Inverted Teeth)....I could go on & on..

govols019

You smell that?
[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]Among the hot but unconfirmed rumors making the rounds in the Sprint Cup garage this week are that Richard Childress Racing will land UPS as a sponsor for Clint Bowyer’s #07 Chevrolet. Multiple sources indicated that Bowyer’s car was the favorite to take the sponsorship over from Michael Waltrip Racing and David Reutimann. One source close to the negotiations said RCR initially offered UPS #31-Jeff Burton, 41, but the delivery company wanted a younger driver with whom it could create a long-term identity and Bowyer is just 29. Burton, instead, will be sponsored next year by Caterpillar.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I hope this is true!! I am a big RCR fan with Harvick as my top guy (followed him at the local level in Bakersfield). I prayed and prayed for UPS to get on board with Burton thinking that Burton would be the perfect Jarrett replacement but I have been hearing lately that they are more interested in a young driver. Now I can start wearing UPS shirts! Go RCR!!

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]Among the hot but unconfirmed rumors making the rounds in the Sprint Cup garage this week are that Richard Childress Racing will land UPS as a sponsor for Clint Bowyer’s #07 Chevrolet. Multiple sources indicated that Bowyer’s car was the favorite to take the sponsorship over from Michael Waltrip Racing and David Reutimann. One source close to the negotiations said RCR initially offered UPS #31-Jeff Burton, 41, but the delivery company wanted a younger driver with whom it could create a long-term identity and Bowyer is just 29. Burton, instead, will be sponsored next year by Caterpillar.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Very smart move...I do like Burton but he wont be around much longer so it wasnt a good choice if ups wants to stay in the sport awhile

Cementups

Box Monkey
This is a new one to me and I listen to NASCAR radio daily. Not a bad choice though for that rock-star image that UPS is looking for.

upsdude

From jayski.com

UPS to #07? UPDATE 2: hearing UPS could move #07-Clint Bowyer of Richard Childress Racing, if os, no word where Jack Daniel's sposnorship would go, or if they would leave the sport.(7-1-2008)
UPDATE Among the hot but unconfirmed rumors making the rounds in the Sprint Cup garage this week are that Richard Childress Racing will land UPS as a sponsor for Clint Bowyer’s #07 Chevrolet. Multiple sources indicated that Bowyer’s car was the favorite to take the sponsorship over from Michael Waltrip Racing and David Reutimann. One source close to the negotiations said RCR initially offered UPS #31-Jeff Burton, 41, but the delivery company wanted a younger driver with whom it could create a long-term identity and Bowyer is just 29. Burton, instead, will be sponsored next year by Caterpillar.(SPEEDtv)(7-6-2008)
UPDATE 2: Sirius Speedway has learned that UPS will move from Michael Waltrip Racing’s #44 Toyota to the quarterpanels of Clint Bowyer’s #07 Richard Childress Racing Chevrolet in 2009, leaving Jack Daniels in search of a new driver. That driver will be Ruan Newman, who is set to sign-on with Stewart at Haas CNC.(Sirius NASCAR Radio's Sirius Speedway)(7-7-2008) Comment here

rocket man

They should sponsor me, new package car. With powersteering and automatic would be nice, Id beep the horn more and park it in highvisibility spaces at lunch. tell people the scratches are from the pit crew who park it at night.

T

The Ghost of Wally Pipp

Good. I'm tired of seeing the UPS car finish among the handicapped, the jalopy's and horse drawn race cars.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Dawg

Ok here's the buzz.....RCR and Ryan Newman will announce a new team venture sponsered by UPS during the weekend of the Allstate 400 (aka Brickyard).

Or then again maybe not........

govols019

You smell that?
Ok here's the buzz.....RCR and Ryan Newman will announce a new team venture sponsered by UPS during the weekend of the Allstate 400 (aka Brickyard).

Or then again maybe not........

It would be appropriate to do that at the Brickyard since Ryan Newman has the personality of a brick.

Ryan Newman is going with Stewart to the new Stewart/Haas team. Thatsracin.com has learned from the Charlotte Observer today that Joe Gibbs racing will announce as early as Wed Stewart's release. Jack Daniels is rumored to go with Newman at Stewart's new camp. It's Bowyer for us and I am very happy about it!:happy-very: