ups rain gear

dragos

hey guys i was wondering if anyone knew a website to order the ups rain gear. driver at my center were asking but no one knows. thanks for the help.

dragos

I made the mistake of buying the UPS rain gear when I first became a driver many years ago. It was overpriced and ineffective. Maybe changes have been made since then, but I now use a set of Frogtogs and am thrilled with their performance. They are waterproof, breathable, and much mor durable than the UPS raingear I purchased.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
They issue none, nor do they sell it post 9/11.
What a joke considering what we do.
There used to be a gortex jacket that was pretty nice, for $186.
The plastic suits were junk.
You ended up wet with sweat rather than rain water.
I'm with HurricaneG, I think I'll purchase the loudest color, breathable, rainsuit I can find and dare them to try and stop me from wearing it on rain days.

TheDick

I bought the Gore-tex suit way back in the day. I 'still use it,. but its getting a little tight:sad-little: nowadays.
The hood cost 30$ extra!!!
Frogtogs?!
Do they breathe like gore-tex? Or do you sweat a little?

FrogTogs are breathable and very comfortable. I use them only when the weather is extremely bad all day long. And I don't put them on until I'm out on the route. Management in our building doesn't leave the building in foul weather unless there is an accident or injury. For showers that last just a couple of hours, I have heeded Hoax's advice and used DR bags. They actually work pretty well.

Big Babooba

Clear plastic 6 millimeter thick 55 gallon trash bags work well.
55 gallons!!! I could fit in a 20. :happy-very: Don't you mean 6 mil? 6 millimeters is pretty darn thick!

I use the UPS provided DR bag rain suit. make 2 arm holes in the corners and a hole for your head.......you've got a whole roll of free rain gear!!
Just make sure you make the hole for your head! Pity we should lose a driver this way. I can see it now - a new wallet card to memorize,"49 Rules for Making Raincoats Out of Driver Release Bags". :knockedout:

brownrod

I'm in NW Washington. It rained all day. I was happy with a shirt and a vest and pants. What kind of wimp needs rain gear? I don't know anyone else in my center who uses any rain gear.

QKRSTKR

They come in black, bright blue like I have, and I think green. I bought mine at Bass Pro. Cabela's had them on sale last week half price, $25. I use mine for fishing. Rain on the weekends isn't gonna keep me from catching fish.