UPS Receives Prestigious Informationweek Elite 100 “Decade” Award

ROBO MOD

I'm a Robot
Staff member
Integration of UPS My Choice® delivery service and UPS Access Point™ network recognized for industry-leading innovation

UPS (NYSE: UPS) was recognized with a Decade Award, given to 10 companies that have averaged the highest rankings on the annual InformationWeek Elite 100 list over the past decade. UPS ranked 17 on the 2016 Elite 100 list for the integration of two services that are revolutionizing package delivery: the UPS My Choice® delivery service andUPS Access Point™ network. UPS also was selected as a finalist for a Business Innovator award in the category of customer experience.

The UPS My Choice® service and the UPS Access Point™ network make consumer package delivery more convenient than ever before. With the UPS My Choice® service, consumers receive notifications about packages in advance, and can take control of their deliveries with the ability to leave specific instructions for their UPS driver on where to leave their package, or to re-route their package to another location if they won’t be home. The UPS Access Point™ network is comprised of neighborhood businesses that serve as alternate delivery locations so that consumers can pick up and ship packages on their schedules. This integration allows UPS to link the digital information on packages to the physical execution of package delivery to a variety of access points based on customer choice.

“Technology innovations like those behind the UPS My Choice® service and the UPS Access Point™ network integration are changing the future of e-commerce delivery to be increasingly consumer-centric,” said UPS Chief Information Officer Juan Perez. “UPS will continue to push the technological boundaries to find ways to connect our customers with new services that provide them the convenience, choice and control they deserve.”

The UPS My Choice® service and UPS Access Point™ network integration is made possible by proprietary routing software, and includes the significant integration of applications on a global scale. UPS is the first carrier in the U.S. to offer the services provided by UPS My Choice® and UPS Access Point™ network.

InformationWeek Elite 100 research tracks the technology-based investments, strategies, and results of some of the best-known organizations in the country. Unique among corporate rankings, the InformationWeek Elite 100 spotlights the power of business technology innovation.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Who is giving out all these awards?
There are multiple "Award Corporations" that hand out awards.
The corporations/companies must apply for the award.
They usually make "contributions" to these "Award Corporations" which I am sure has no effect on selection of winners.