UPS Retirement Eligibility

myersml1

I have worked at UPS for 26 years and I am 49 years of age, does anybody out there know if I can retire and receive my monthly pension yet. if not what age can I start receiving it then
thnxs, New Orleans Feeder Driver

downtime8763

If I remember correctly it's 55 yrs of age with 30 yrs of Full time service unless you want to get dinged on the early out penalty. That was under the last contract !

newfups

I checked on it and in my local (Metro Phila) it's 25 and out at any age with no early out penalty----contact your local HR, they'll email you the form---you can submit a request for a Retirement Estimate. It took about 4 weeks to get the paperwork but all the details were spelled out in the estimate. If you're looking to do this before 2014, I'd request the estimate right away so you can make some decisions in a timely manner. Except for it taking 4 weeks (which I thought was excessive) the process was easy and painless, hope this helps.

The Milkman

I have worked at UPS for 26 years and I am 49 years of age, does anybody out there know if I can retire and receive my monthly pension yet. if not what age can I start receiving it then
thnxs, New Orleans Feeder Driver

After 26 years you have no clue..I guess you never got involved with union meetings and other stuff..This is one of the reasons the union is in such sad shape, a friend/T er with no clue as to what is going on after all those years. Did anyone over the years ever talk to you about benefits in any shape or form? Around contract time did you listen and read up on what you would be voting for..Unreal :wellduh:

kazranch

well Im from the west coast so our contract says we can retire at 80 and out. which means years of service plus your age has to equal 80, but it you were part time for lets say 8yrs you cut that in half. so 4 plus how many years at full time plus your age has to equal 80. But like I say that's the western conference. not sure for you. You best contact UPS administrators. they can tell you.

kazranch

ours is 80 and out, at any age. but the new contract might be different. I just talked to the Union steward today, he was saying that if you retire before 12/31/14 at any age your health care will be covered. but if you retire after that health care will be covered at 52yrs old. so if your younger than that your screwed. but like I say that's the west regions. Do your homework before you retire. Call UPS don't take anyones word.

rschwinn

Every Local is slightly different, most Locals have Golden 80, =add age +plus years of service=80. Can retire with full pension

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Western conference does and part time years are included in that equation....and it is a fully funded pension.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
After 26 years you have no clue..I guess you never got involved with union meetings and other stuff..This is one of the reasons the union is in such sad shape, a friend/T er with no clue as to what is going on after all those years. Did anyone over the years ever talk to you about benefits in any shape or form? Around contract time did you listen and read up on what you would be voting for..Unreal :wellduh:

Man! That is harsh!
I had double-check and make sure it was not one of my posts.

onestoptogo

I requested in Sept information about my pension from the Western Conference of Teamsters. This last week I received a print-out showing hours worked for each year
I worked during my career. It included all of my hours - full time and part time. The information provided stated any year which you work 500 hours counts as a year of
service. When your age and each year you worked 500 hours is equal to 80 you can retire. People always say that the part time years only only count as half IS NOT THE CASE.
They still count as a year of service if you worked 500 hours towards your 80 and out. The years you worked part-time may reduce the amount of money you receive from your pension,
because you may have had less money contributed into your account. I worked 6 years as part-time before being asked to go full-time. During this time, I had no year with less than 1600 hours and 1 year with 2000 hours. This was with vacation hours, holidays, optionals at a half the amount of a full-time employee. The thing that really pisses me off is that those 6 years only count as half with increases towards vacation time. I will hit 20 years of service this year, but for number vacation weeks they only consider me a 17 year employee - with the reality that I was
really more of a full time employee while being classified as being part-time.