UPS Retirement Eligibility

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I requested in Sept information about my pension from the Western Conference of Teamsters. This last week I received a print-out showing hours worked for each year I worked during my career. It included all of my hours - full time and part time. The information provided stated any year which you work 500 hours counts as a year of service. When your age and each year you worked 500 hours is equal to 80 you can retire. People always say that the part time years only only count as half IS NOT THE CASE.
They still count as a year of service if you worked 500 hours towards your 80 and out. The years you worked part-time may reduce the amount of money you receive from your pension, because you may have had less money contributed into your account. I worked 6 years as part-time before being asked to go full-time. During this time, I had no year with less than 1600 hours and 1 year with 2000 hours. This was with vacation hours, holidays, optionals at a half the amount of a full-time employee.

The thing that really pisses me off is that those 6 years only count as half with increases towards vacation time. I will hit 20 years of service this year, but for number vacation weeks they only consider me a 17 year employee - with the reality that I was
really more of a full time employee while being classified as being part-time.

There is always something to be pissed about.
I was pissed off for the last 5 years because we got 6 weeks vacation at 25 years but never got another weeks vacation regardless of years worked.
The last 5 years, I was "sick" 5 more days each year than actual.

A

anonymous6

you can call your pension administrator and request the book on retirement plans. I just received mine from Western Conference. We have about 19 different options.