UPS Returns/Exchange Program

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
This new program is an example of where Telematics can actually help the driver.

Think about it. Telematics shows exactly how long you were at a particular location. So all we have to do...is ask our management team exactly how long they expect us to wait for the customer to have the return item ready. Its not our problem. We dont need to worry about using our "best" judgement...because the first time our management team complains about the length of time we spent there, we can simply turn it around and demand that they give us an exact time limit to follow. From that point forward, we can then inform our customers that we are only allowed to wait X number of minutes and if that is a problem for them they are free to call our supervisor directly and discuss the situation with him. Thats the nice thing about over-supervision and petty micromanagement....it can work both ways.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I'm excited, combine this with UPS my choice service, I'm pumping my 401k up another percent. Thanks UPS for allowing me to be able to retire that much sooner. Keep these new services coming!!!!

How do you equate your 401k to a service where "I" know I will probably be rude to a customer who attempts to delay me more than 8 minutes? How will this make your 401K more profitable?

Peace.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
How do you equate your 401k to a service where "I" know I will probably be rude to a customer who attempts to delay me more than 8 minutes? How will this make your 401K more profitable?

Peace.

8 minutes aint gonna happen. Unless my supervisor instructs me to wait for 8 minutes, in which case I will politely stand there and think about all of the money I am making while I wait.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
8 minutes aint gonna happen. Unless my supervisor instructs me to wait for 8 minutes, in which case I will politely stand there and think about all of the money I am making while I wait.
It's easy enough to determine within the first 30 seconds if it's going to be a long or short stop. 2 minutes max unless otherwise instructed. :happy-very:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
so is 2 minutes going to be the mar. I am going to be asking specifically before it happens, Ill tell the customer, I have x to wait, and if Im not walking off the step in that time on the dr notice I will be writing the center number.

madhouse

Anybody like myself thats been with ups long should remember "merchandise exchange"(mx). Similar program, terrible program, didn't last long.

tourists24

We took this DIAD training last week. Funny, it says we should use our judgement on how long to wait. It also says the primary goal is to get it exchanged on the first attempt. Sorry, I am not paid to use judgement anymore. Thats the way UPS wanted it. I will take however long it takes unless instructed to do otherwise. The training also says under no circumstances to enter a home

CharleyHustle

If UPS is going to pay me, I'm gonna wait. Why would I care what the "allowance" is for this service? The union does not recognize company standards. I'd rather stand on a porch for 10min in a downpour than hoof another 70 pounder up a 200yd driveway. There are only so many hours in a day, if you want I'll spend the whole day doing these exchanges and you folks can do all the heavy stuff.

Johney

Everyone complaining about this new service and I can't help but agree with the time complications,but how many of these "returns" do you really think you'll get in a a day? One if your unlucky. I'd be more willing to say one a week if that.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Everyone complaining about this new service and I can't help but agree with the time complications,but how many of these "returns" do you really think you'll get in a a day? One if your unlucky. I'd be more willing to say one a week if that.

I see you live in UPSTOPIA, but do you believe UPS would spend millions of dollars in an advertising campaign for 1 pickup service per week per truck? Does that sound logical to you?

I hope it doesnt, that would speak volumes.

Peace

menotyou

bella amicizia
We have a large army base here with their hanger-ons, and the Katrina rejects(we didn't get the rocket scientists). I had a dish return box daily. The riff-raff lazy butts who refuse to work when you can soak the system, aren't going to be of any help in repacking. I just see bad things coming with this service.

Johney

I see you live in UPSTOPIA, but do you believe UPS would spend millions of dollars in an advertising campaign for 1 pickup service per week per truck? Does that sound logical to you?

I hope it doesnt, that would speak volumes.

Peace
You know you could be right I've never known UPS to waste money. I stand corrected.

Johney

We have a large army base here with their hanger-ons, and the Katrina rejects(we didn't get the rocket scientists). I had a dish return box daily. The riff-raff lazy butts who refuse to work when you can soak the system, aren't going to be of any help in repacking. I just see bad things coming with this service.
Dish return(some loser not paying the bill)and someone returning a broken computer are a tad bit different don't you think? Look I'll put it this way...we went on strike for over 70's. I walked the line and when it was all worked out I didn't see an over 70 for months and i had an industrial route.I don't know gang I think we're all jumping the gun. Sure some maybe slammed by this but I'd guess the majority will hardly be effected.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Dish return(some loser not paying the bill)and someone returning a broken computer are a tad bit different don't you think? Look I'll put it this way...we went on strike for over 70's. I walked the line and when it was all worked out I didn't see an over 70 for months and i had an industrial route.I don't know gang I think we're all jumping the gun. Sure some maybe slammed by this but I'd guess the majority will hardly be effected.
I was commenting on your saying how many "returns" do you really get. Without this service, I had at least one everyday. With this service, I can't imagine how many I would have.

Johney

I was commenting on your saying how many "returns" do you really get. Without this service, I had at least one everyday. With this service, I can't imagine how many I would have.
Like I said some may be overwhelmed you may be one of those drivers but I think it will hardly effect most of us.