Ups Rips People Off

tazman123

I have a big beef with UPS, first they think they deserve, a fee for clear a package through customs and they do not, as customs does not charge them nor are they out any money as they must clear the package though customs regardless, how do I know this well once I refused to pay the silly fee for the clearing of the package as I am never informed by anyone that there is going to be a fee for clearing customs, so if I never agree to such a fee why pay ? so I refused it, the driver informed me if I choose I cna go down to customs after he returns the package ot the depot and clear it myself, ok does anyone see how stupid this is, the driver is going to waste gas returning it to the depot after coming to my door, then return it to depot, I go down and in five minutes I have me package free of the extortion fee that UPS was going to charge me of 50.00 or in some cases more, all for a little trip of 5 minutes. Now for the real interesting part, when I order stuff from the US to Canada none of the merchants know of this hidden fee for clearing customs, the Government customs agents laugh as they know there is no charge to clear a package through customs and they them selves admit UPS is ripping off the consumer. UPS does not inform the merchant of the charge to the customer, and if neither the merchant or the customer is informed it is an illegal charge according to Canadian Fair Practice law and Corporate Buisness law you cannot impose a charge after closing a deal, and in the case where I order from a merchant either by phone or internet, and the shipping cost given to me of 30.00 to ship to my door, then UPS without letting me know in advance to me paying the merhcant for shipping cannot incur a charge to me after the fact. I am going to take this to court, since I have had many shippments where a merchant neither new if there was any such charge nor could they tell me, and if they do not know then why should I be the one pay a charge that is not clearly laid out nor agreed upon. I intend to let everyone know of the extortion going on by UPS and will in the future take UPS to court to further have thier buisness practices revoked, as this is clearly a issues of unfair buisness practices. UPS is insane that anyone who knows thier rights would let them clear a package that I can do myself for free, and UPS should not charge for a service they are not providing, as I paid 30.00 bucks to get the package to my door and the 30.00 was the only charge I agreed to and was informed of then after UPS comes up with an additional charge to clear this package, if there is to be more charges they should let the merchant know this to tell his customers, and I am betting the customers would not pay it and make the merchant lower thier prices for doing buisness with UPS, I know I am, as merchants can ship UPSP, United States Postal Service and then you do not get charges extra for clearing customs. and in fact it is not any slower than UPS as UPS is the slowest morons that GOD gave 2 feet to, it takes a week for them to get a package from florida to Canada, I mean I could and I say this safely walk the darn package faster, and they are using trucks, through snail mail it takes 4 days, much faster and the drivers don't get the chance to throw the package into my back yard, yes that is right I said throw it, as if you are not home or do not get to the door on time and there is nothing owning on the package it gets turfed at the drivers discretion, yes the driver instead of getting a signature can throw the package anywhere he likes and I have had them pitched into my back yard, buried in a wood pile under my deck, hidden in the snow, and no notes left stating they were ever there to deliver or where they left the package, so everyone never let UPS deliver a package to you , please stop using UPS lets put them out of buisness, I am submitting this to other forums all over the world, I intend to damage thier buisness with all means possible, I am informing the Canadian Government of the unfiar buisness practices as well.....

moreluck

golden ticket member
If you'd put a paragraph in once in a while, someone might be able to read this looooong post.

I got lost after 5 or 6 sentences.:dissapointed:

Johney

I have a big beef with UPS, first they think they deserve, a fee for clear a package through customs and they do not, as customs does not charge them nor are they out any money as they must clear the package though customs regardless, how do I know this well once I refused to pay the silly fee for the clearing of the package as I am never informed by anyone that there is going to be a fee for clearing customs, so if I never agree to such a fee why pay ? so I refused it, the driver informed me if I choose I cna go down to customs after he returns the package ot the depot and clear it myself, ok does anyone see how stupid this is, the driver is going to waste gas returning it to the depot after coming to my door, then return it to depot, I go down and in five minutes I have me package free of the extortion fee that UPS was going to charge me of 50.00 or in some cases more, all for a little trip of 5 minutes. Now for the real interesting part, when I order stuff from the US to Canada none of the merchants know of this hidden fee for clearing customs, the Government customs agents laugh as they know there is no charge to clear a package through customs and they them selves admit UPS is ripping off the consumer. UPS does not inform the merchant of the charge to the customer, and if neither the merchant or the customer is informed it is an illegal charge according to Canadian Fair Practice law and Corporate Buisness law you cannot impose a charge after closing a deal, and in the case where I order from a merchant either by phone or internet, and the shipping cost given to me of 30.00 to ship to my door, then UPS without letting me know in advance to me paying the merhcant for shipping cannot incur a charge to me after the fact. I am going to take this to court, since I have had many shippments where a merchant neither new if there was any such charge nor could they tell me, and if they do not know then why should I be the one pay a charge that is not clearly laid out nor agreed upon. I intend to let everyone know of the extortion going on by UPS and will in the future take UPS to court to further have thier buisness practices revoked, as this is clearly a issues of unfair buisness practices. UPS is insane that anyone who knows thier rights would let them clear a package that I can do myself for free, and UPS should not charge for a service they are not providing, as I paid 30.00 bucks to get the package to my door and the 30.00 was the only charge I agreed to and was informed of then after UPS comes up with an additional charge to clear this package, if there is to be more charges they should let the merchant know this to tell his customers, and I am betting the customers would not pay it and make the merchant lower thier prices for doing buisness with UPS, I know I am, as merchants can ship UPSP, United States Postal Service and then you do not get charges extra for clearing customs. and in fact it is not any slower than UPS as UPS is the slowest morons that GOD gave 2 feet to, it takes a week for them to get a package from florida to Canada, I mean I could and I say this safely walk the darn package faster, and they are using trucks, through snail mail it takes 4 days, much faster and the drivers don't get the chance to throw the package into my back yard, yes that is right I said throw it, as if you are not home or do not get to the door on time and there is nothing owning on the package it gets turfed at the drivers discretion, yes the driver instead of getting a signature can throw the package anywhere he likes and I have had them pitched into my back yard, buried in a wood pile under my deck, hidden in the snow, and no notes left stating they were ever there to deliver or where they left the package, so everyone never let UPS deliver a package to you , please stop using UPS lets put them out of buisness, I am submitting this to other forums all over the world, I intend to damage thier buisness with all means possible, I am informing the Canadian Government of the unfiar buisness practices as well.....
Please be sure to let us know how this works out for you.:yawn2:

sano

I suppose everyone needs a cause to bring meaning to their life.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Like when my kids talk. I tell them use a period once in a while, I can't keep up. I am not surprised with the extra charges. UPS is known for sneaking in extra fees.

john346

No more Brown!
Well kids, the jig is up. After 90 years of laying in wait, our ploy to rip off the Tazman got knackered. Damn! I really was relying on my job too. Jim Casey must be rolling in his grave. Dosen't sound like the Tazman's gonna give it up either. Guess we just need to pack it up & try something else. Too bad for us. Why did we plan for so long? Where did we fail? Well, good luck in your new jobs.

david cassin

dublinbrown
i have worked in shipping 20 plus years,air freight companies,seafreight companies all charge people for clearence,agency fee,handling fee etc so its not only ups that charges .ups only brought this charge in approx 2 1/2-3 years ago.dhl fedex tnt all in europe all charge the customers for customs clearence.we have a new system with customs in ireland and customs will not let ay ordinary joe soap clear goods through customs themselves.they have to get an agent to so a sad (single administrative document) used worldwide and pay the relative vat/duties.
so i thinks its fair to say everyone charges how do u think fred and our german colleagues have their big wads of money.
and dhl/fdx/tnt all had this in before ups.
fact:wink2:

A

AUPSMAN72

i have worked in shipping 20 plus years,air freight companies,seafreight companies all charge people for clearence,agency fee,handling fee etc so its not only ups that charges .ups only brought this charge in approx 2 1/2-3 years ago.dhl fedex tnt all in europe all charge the customers for customs clearence.we have a new system with customs in ireland and customs will not let ay ordinary joe soap clear goods through customs themselves.they have to get an agent to so a sad (single administrative document) used worldwide and pay the relative vat/duties.
so i thinks its fair to say everyone charges how do u think fred and our german colleagues have their big wads of money.
and dhl/fdx/tnt all had this in before ups.
fact:wink2:

DS

Fenderbender
If you use any service other than standard,ups waves the brokerage fees.Just use expedited next time and pay the $3 more for shipping.

becauseican

How can one person waste their valuable time writing about topics they have no business talking about? Get your facts in order before you start spouting out the mouth. Most companies charge a fee and UPS only recently started charging this fee(2-3 years now). FedEx, DHL and many more carriers charged this fee prior to UPS. You sure talk alot, but don't say anything. Go get an education and maybe you will be able to come out of the hole you are living in!:peaceful:

New Englander

My god.....I gave up trying to read that garbage post.

It's hard to get behind someone who can paragraph or use periods. No one expects perfection on message boards. At the least though - make it so we can read it with out our eyes bugging out!

Perhaps I just have ADD.......I kept losing my focus on it.:student:

drewed

Shankman
Heres the deal with the fee, UPS pays the fed to have a customs official on premises for clearing of packages, getting gen decs signed for intl flights clearing incoming flights, clearing imports and what not also they have to pay a UPS employee to make sure our side of the paper work is done as well as liason with the customs official. So is it fair to charge a fee? yes of course it is

gandydancer

I gave up on reading this post, but the consignee is not UPS' customer, the shipper is. The fee is in the service guide. If the shipper didn't tell him about the fee, he has a beef, but it's not with UPS.