UPS RLA Facts

LTFedExer

My sideline business (investments) is doing quite well. I'm only at FedEx for the insurance benefits, which stink, but are cheaper than buying it on my own. I'm not a billionaire like Fred, but my Dad didn't leave me the present day equivalent of $25 million dollars as an inheritance like Fred's father did. I was born with a plastic spoon in my mouth. Fred's was golden, and encrusted with diamonds.
I see. Maybe you should start a business with employees. you seem to have the answers on how to run the perfect business.

SmithBarney

True. And it can still be done. Ask MFE why he keeps side-stepping this point.

It's much easier for pilots to hold a national vote, there are fewer of them, a majority (that's all you need to pass the vote) meet nightly in Memphis or Indy, much more difficult to get a majority vote with couriers... So yes they are covered by the same law, couriers just don't have the same power to get organized... I couldnt even tell you without looking it up where the next closest station is..

FedEx2000

If anyone of us killed someone and we were driving under the influence accident or not we would be doing jail time. You make a decission to get behind the wheel drunk you are already commiting a crime. You, me and everyone else on here would be in the slammer. Fred obviously paid a few people off. Now if its not a big deal driving while intoxicated why is it if we get popped for a DUI on our own time, we will be off the road for five years and thats for just getting caught not killing someone.

Not to defend what took place in any way, but a DUI in 1975 was not even close to as big of a deal, at least legally, as it is nowadays. It's only really been in the last 10-15 years that the penalties for it have been substantially increased. Now I'm not sure how you don't notice hitting someone hard enough that it kills them, but cars were built a little more solidly those days....not necessarily for the better though.