UPS Saturday Next Day Air Problems PLZ HELP

Hi,

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum or if you are supposed to be a UPS employee to post on these forums. I just would like a little bit of information / help with a 9Lrecent shipping problem.

First, let me say, I've never had a problem like this occur and have always seemed to have good luck with UPS. I like your service and outside of maybe one or two delays here and there have never been unhappy.

Anyways, I had a package that was VERY important that I paid extra for Saturday Next Day Air for. I woke Saturday around 9am and expected the package to arrive around 10:30am (It normally says Saturday by noon but I always seem to get it much earlier than that). So it hadn't arrived and I checked it online. Apparently, their had been a mechanical failure with the airplane (I'm assuming in Louisville, KY) because it was recorded about 15 minutes before the arrival scan in Louisville.

So I called customer service, I spoke to someone, gave them my tracking number and was told that it would in-fact be delivered today just delayed. So I was like alright, that is fine, as long as I get it today.

Problem, I never got the package. What is worse, it never updated from Louisville at 4:02am arrival on Saturday (9/8).

NOW, all that it is showing is that a shipping label has been created. It doesn't show where it is, if it is in transit, anything.

I just want to know why would the customer service rep tell me (after she said she was able to look into it further than I could via the website) say that I would receive it today (Saturday 9/8) and worse now all it is showing is that a shipping label was created. Not even that it is in transit.

Does this mean my package was lost? Or does it just mean that it wasn't able to get out of Louisville in time and has been delayed till what I assume will be Monday?

As I said, this is an extremely important package so if anyone with any insight on why it would suddenly change to just a shipping label has been created could let me know what is going on it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

EDIT: Alright, now even stranger, I just decided to check it again and now it is back to the way it was before. It still says it arrived in Louisville at 4:02am. Sorry I am just very confused why a customer service rep would tell me that it would be delivered and it wasn't. Than on top of that, I go to check it and it said a label had been created after it said it had been in transit and now it is back to the earlier tracking information saying it has just arrived in Louisville. I just really pray the package was not lost in some sort of scramble to get it sent.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The Customer Service reps read from a prepared script , which causes them to give out the wrong answers .
They are miles away from the hubs and tend to live in a fantasy world , many have no idea of how the system works .

The Customer Service reps read from a prepared script , which causes them to give out the wrong answers .
They are miles away from the hubs and tend to live in a fantasy world , many have no idea of how the system works .

Thanks for that information. I had actually called two UPS Stores prior to calling the 800 number (because I wanted to speak to a live person). One of them told me that more than likely the information just hadn't been updated but since it did arrive at 4:02am it'd still be delivered. The other, told me that it probably would have updated and said it was on a truck for delivery. He also told me how to actually get through to a live person which is where I was told it would come Saturday (9/8).

I am guessing that I will probably just be receiving this package on Monday morning now? I just wish I could get the number to my local hub (Sharonville, OH) so that I could contact them directly.

I mean, from everyone's experience here, would what happened indicate that I just probably won't be getting my package till Monday now since (even though packages move on Sunday) there are absolutely no deliveries or ways to pick-up on Sunday.

Also, and while I'm sure you're right and maybe this rep was just saying a prepared (and maybe they are trained this way) but she made me sit on hold for a second as she "looked into the problem" and came back letting me know it would arrive but just be delayed as she was "able to look into it further." I will say, as important as the package was, it isn't as important as a person's well-being but it would just be nice to get an update. I am a UPS My Choice member and I haven't even gotten anything saying the delivery date was changed or anything.

upschick95

I'm pretty sure the customer service people do not directly work for UPS, I believe them to be outsourced. I really wish they would get different people, or at least people that have a clue as to what is going on. UPS stores are individually owned and operated (for the most part). They also have no real knowledge of the operation, although I do believe them to be better than customer service.

Sorry that this happened, being a UPS employee I also get very frustrated when I am expecting something and things change for whatever reason.

Unfortunately there is really nothing that can be done until Monday.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just because you order something and request Saturday delivery does not guarantee that you will get Saturday delivery. UPS does not deliver to all of the zip codes that it services during the week on Saturday and it sounds to me that your zip code may be one that we do not service on Saturdays. If this is indeed the case you will receive your pkg NLT 1030 Monday morning. You should then contact the shipper to request a refund of any additional money you spent for service you did not receive.

Just because you order something and request Saturday delivery does not guarantee that you will get Saturday delivery. UPS does not deliver to all of the zip codes that it services during the week on Saturday and it sounds to me that your zip code may be one that we do not service on Saturdays. If this is indeed the case you will receive your pkg NLT 1030 Monday morning. You should then contact the shipper to request a refund of any additional money you spent for service you did not receive.

No they do deliver on Saturdays to my zip code. I've had a couple packages delivered with this service.

barnyard

KTM rider
If this is indeed the case you will receive your pkg NLT 1030 Monday morning.

Actually, many of the areas that are not serviced on Saturdays have noon NDA commits. Some have no commits at all. We have 2 zip codes in our center that have the same NDA commit as a ground package.

barnyard

KTM rider
We deliver Saturdays. Some zips are 10:30, 12:00 and 2 are no commit. Add 1.5 hours for Saturday delivery.

Some zips in the center north of mine, calls Saturday consignees and tell them where to meet the driver and what time to meet him/her.

southerngurl

Same issue here. Package now updated to Monday at 1:30p. WTF? I paid for Saturday delivery (and yes I have received packages on Sat many many times....so my address and zip are Sat delivery zone) You would think it would be Monday early am since it was for Sat by NOON and never made it.

Not sure why it was delayed but has sat in KY all weekend. So irritated. Fed ex is so much better

southerngurl

I know and I agree which is why it makes it really weird. Here is a copy of the new commit time:

Change Delivery
Request Status Updates
Scheduled Delivery Updated To:
Monday, 10/09/2012, by 1:30 P.M.
Last Location:
Departed - Louisville, KY, United States, Sunday, 09/09/2012