UPS says some Christmas deliveries delayed

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This is the company's fault. They cutback because of the shorter season (days) they were boasting about fitting more work into a tighter schedule and they FAILED. They cut our feeder department back with trailers of packages still stranded in Texas. They flew in hundreds of managers into texas to try and sort out the mess and FAILED.

Thursday, we will be as heavy as we were on Tuesday, but on Friday, we will exceed Tuesdays volume levels.

The WLA corridor will get slammed on Friday with both AIR and GROUND packages that have been delayed. All centers are adding cars for both days and retaining helpers to work.

Delays go beyond a couple of late planes.

UPS was talking about a slower christmas back in october, and again, in a forecast, they FAILED.

TOS.

bouns whore

Our management across the country are at fault... Our customers paid a premium for last minute shipments. We were understaffed and hire many incompetent seasonal drivers...We are UPS... We have the financial resources to keep up with the growth of amazon, walmart, ect shipping expectations.. Management cuts routes to "make there numbers" 10 months out of the year and failed big this peak..We are better than this..Our center is from the 60s.. Some how we were clean christmas eve but 20% of our drivers had 14-16 hour days with helpers to pick up for the seasonal guys going out with 9-10 hour day running 2 hours over all peak...2014 needs a better plan and result..

Johney

Our management across the country are at fault... Our customers paid a premium for last minute shipments. We were understaffed and hire many incompetent seasonal drivers...We are UPS... We have the financial resources to keep up with the growth of amazon, walmart, ect shipping expectations.. Management cuts routes to "make there numbers" 10 months out of the year and failed big this peak..We are better than this..Our center is from the 60s.. Some how we were clean christmas eve but 20% of our drivers had 14-16 hour days with helpers to pick up for the seasonal guys going out with 9-10 hour day running 2 hours over all peak...2014 needs a better plan and result..
You can not blame low level management for this peaks downfall, they are told what to do and when to do it by higher ups. I'd bet this years peak plan was made by a hand full of people around a table in Atlanta.

bouns whore

Bouns drivers dont hurt anything? My days are 10 to 11 hours 10 months out of the year.. Just give me the ability to make it to baseball, soccer, cub scouts , ect... for my kids.. I dont want to sit out till 730 every night with 3 kids under 9...90% of our drivers have 10/11 hours every day except at peak...Some get in at 4 some get in at 730.. Bouns is not a bad thing..

A

anonymous6

we talk about this all year long. greed is slowly strangling this company. as long as they keep making record profits they wont change anything.

barnyard

KTM rider
We had soup one day. If you were one of the last 15 drivers in (like me) you got nothing.

We did have 5 crashes in 4 weeks. Drivers being pushed way too hard.

Indecisi0n

If your making 80k to 100k a year to deliver boxes you should be able to run scratch unless your time study sucks.. Glad mine is decent.. ive walked my route when ive been late to work and still been scratch or under..

Sad part is your brain washed and don't even realize it. Show me in our contract where it says I need to make scratch.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Other than the closed send agains from yesterday we are 100% clean going in to Thursday.

Our building has tens of thousands of missed stops.

Every driver in our building worked 13-14 hours on Christmas Eve. When I punched out at 10:00 last night there were drivers in other areas that still had over 100 stops left. Every driver on our center will be working on Thursday in order to try and clean up the backlog. We had mechanics shuttling volume and late air out to us because they were the only people left with DOT cards who werent out of hours. We had zero weather issues and only a couple instances of late air this peak; our problems are solely due to gross incompetence and a complete and total failure to plan on the part of management.

I dont mind the cold, or the snow ice or the rain or fog. I dont mind the chaos. I dont mind the stress or hard work. I dont mind 60 hours a week. Those are all things I knew would be part of the deal when I signed on at UPS. What I do mind....a lot....is spending 14 hours a day having to decide which customers wont get their Chistmas packages because some idiot intentionally set me up to fail.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
If your making 80k to 100k a year to deliver boxes you should be able to run scratch unless your time study sucks.. Glad mine is decent.. ive walked my route when ive been late to work and still been scratch or under..
I walk at a brisk pace and provide superior one to one customer service.

Time studies and other management numbers are meaningless.

I never look at the over/under board.

I do not buy into of the numbers BS.

We are not paid based on SPORH.

Bonus drivers are ruining UPS, they validate the numbers in the eyes of management.

Indecisi0n

Our building has tens of thousands of missed stops.

Every driver in our building worked 13-14 hours on Christmas Eve. When I punched out at 10:00 last night there were drivers in other areas that still had over 100 stops left. Every driver on our center will be working on Thursday in order to try and clean up the backlog. We had mechanics shuttling volume and late air out to us because they were the only people left with DOT cards who werent out of hours. We had zero weather issues and only a couple instances of late air this peak; our problems are solely due to gross incompetence and a complete and total failure to plan on the part of management.

I dont mind the cold, or the snow ice or the rain or fog. I dont mind the chaos. I dont mind the stress or hard work. I dont mind 60 hours a week. Those are all things I knew would be part of the deal when I signed on at UPS. What I do mind....a lot....is spending 14 hours a day having to decide which customers wont get their Chistmas packages because some idiot intentionally set me up to fail.

Never have I had to do that but twice last week I had to make these decisions. I tried to find medical package, large packages then bulk stops. I figure this way when it gets dumped into the next days load it's not as bad room wise.

My loads were so packed with stops it was beyond funny. It was just sad for the fact my dispatched had no where else to put the work.