UPS says some Christmas deliveries delayed

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I walk at a brisk pace and provide superior one to one customer service.

Time studies and other management numbers are meaningless.

I never look at the over/under board.

I do not buy into of the numbers BS.

We are not paid based on SPORH.

Bonus drivers are ruining UPS, they validate the numbers in the eyes of management.

An alternate conclusion - Bonus drivers validate that a motivated employee can make the numbers.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We had late air brought out and dropped in storage pods that the company rented for bike helpers to work out of. A lot of it is still sitting there. Asking drivers to break trace and go retrieve late air when they are already going to be bringing tens or even hundreds of missed stops back at 11:00 at night on Christmas Eve is pretty much like throwing extra dirt on a corpse.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
The real reason this happened......too many people waited till the last minute to order/ship their presents!!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

If someone backed into your package car you would be second guessed to death. No explanation would be acceptable. No passes should be given for this failure either.

I rule that this peak failure was avoidable.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I will not spout off and pretend I know the true reasons for the Service Failures.

What I do know is that it is shameful.

When every single DOT card in the building is working 60 a week, when mechanics are put to work shuttling volume, when every single driver has been getting back to the building at 9:30 at night or later, and when the volume of missed packages has been snowballing ever since early December, the true reason for the problem is perfectly clear. We were understaffed. It was a complete and total failure to plan. Period.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If your making 80k to 100k a year to deliver boxes you should be able to run scratch unless your time study sucks.. Glad mine is decent.. ive walked my route when ive been late to work and still been scratch or under..
You should never do more than walk and most time studies sucks.

Overpaid Union Thug

Bonus in my center means you run and work through part (usually all of it) of lunch. Bonus drivers and district managers looking to make a bonus are destroying UPS.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bouns whore

...I would be curious if the customers of the bonus babies feel the same way...
$1500 in tips, gifts and more cards my wife has hung up with other Christmas cards... Bouns is not ruining this company...
...I would be curious if the customers of the bonus babies feel the same way...
20131225_120059.jpg

Overpaid Union Thug

$1500 in tips, gifts and more cards my wife has hung up with other Christmas cards... Bouns is not ruining this company...

While you are counting your gift cards and bonus and upper management anticipates their bonuses millions of customers are wondering why, how UPS could of underestimated our capabilities. The bonus babies in my center just couldn't understand why they had so many more stops this year than last. Well duh! The more you run and gun and trick UPS's bean counters into thinking your a stud the more work they will give you. Add a record number of Americans procrastinating this year and you have a disaster.
Sent using BrownCafe App

Marne Vet

Other than the closed send agains from yesterday we are 100% clean going in to Thursday.

You're not factoring in the million plus packages that never made it out. Vehicles might be "clean" from getting everything we had out yesterday, but come Thursday a lot of hubs throughout the country are getting smoked. We went from having a simple list posted on who was working, and who was on-call, to almost all hands on deck now. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if I see 250+ stops again tomorrow. We're "clean" going in to tomorrow, but we're anticipating getting really dirty really early. Game on Brown!

A

anonymous6

no doubt the big wigs in Atlanta are spending Christmas day counting their money.( and laughing at this thread )

A

anonymous6

they should not have placed their order on the 23rd. our family placed over a dozen orders online and every single one arrived on time.