UPS says some Christmas deliveries delayed

phox1515

i'm just a helper so i am in the unknown, but from what my driver tells me san antonio is doing good... we did sat and sunday GROUND deliveries to get as much out as possible and also did not do pick ups on tuesday (or on those weekend days) so drivers could go home early xmas even... my drivers truck only had closed business' (I think those are called send agains?) deliveries... sadly it had his truck half full. so yeah my hub did it right hehe, granted air stuff can't be helped.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I am sick of hearing the story of no presents under the tree.
One mom is whining that her 6 yr. old didn't have her present under the tree on Christmas morning.

Well mom, when did you order it ??? T he day before makes you an irresponsible bitch and you should've planned better. You deserved coal in your stocking.

Maybe if you wrap up Christmas shopping by a week after Thanksgiving, you wouldn't suck so much as a mom!!!

Indecisi0n

One mom is whining that her 6 yr. old didn't have her present under the tree on Christmas morning.

Well mom, when did you order it ??? T he day before makes you an irresponsible bitch and you should've planned better. You deserved coal in your stocking.

Maybe if you wrap up Christmas shopping by a week after Thanksgiving, you wouldn't suck so much as a mom!!!

Some of these customers did order over a week out from Xmas and still haven't received their gifts. I believe them since I was missing the same area's on my delivery route multi times in a week due to too much work.

oldngray

nowhere special
Some of these customers did order over a week out from Xmas and still haven't received their gifts. I believe them since I was missing the same area's on my delivery route multi times in a week due to too much work.
So the customers were right! It was the lazy drivers like you that were the problem!
:fightings:

Indecisi0n

No I think the blame is to be shared. Mostly UPS management. At some point someone at UPS has to tell these major retails like amazon that we can no longer offer 2 day air or NDA and to remove those shipping options. If you give the option of NDA knowing you can't deliver that's just wrong.

cb1969

The real reason this happened......too many people waited till the last minute to order/ship their presents!!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

That is total BS...blaming the customer...when we promise we can deliver...SERIOUSLY, THAT'S JUST STUPID...If you don't want to deliver what you promise then don't promise...If you are a driver all year you saw all the short cuts...more work...worse and worse loads...loaders no longer being properly trained...more stops add to routes...failures before peak we all knew that would happen...it was coming

Overpaid Union Thug

Total bs is not acknowledging that even a shipping giant has limitations and ordering something at the last minute and also not considering that millions of others are doing the same thing.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Johney

Wait now, look at it this way what if little Suzie wanted a certain toy that has been out of stock since Thanksgiving. Mom goes online to find it available but has to be shipped NDA as the site says "Guaranteed" if NDA for $100 by Christmas eve. How then would you feel thinking you got it for under your tree then it doesn't show? I believe if they(UPS/FedEx)just said from the beginning "we'll do our best but no promises"not a word would have been said.

Johney

My wife ordered something for me on the 19th 3Day guaranteed by Christmas eve paid an extra $25. Well the package passed our building and went to one down south where it has been since the 23rd. 70 miles to the south. Now it says delivery on the 27th. Are we pissed? Of course not I know what's going on but someone on the outside with that same info would be pissed.

oldngray

nowhere special
I only ordered a few things. It was in mid December and they were presents to myself so I didn't care if they took longer to be delivered. I still had them in a couple of days (except the surepost package but that was because of post office).

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager

Maybe we should get out of the express shipping business since it only facilitates irresponsibility.

Wait now, look at it this way what if little Suzie wanted a certain toy that has been out of stock since Thanksgiving. Mom goes online to find it available but has to be shipped NDA as the site says "Guaranteed" if NDA for $100 by Christmas eve. How then would you feel thinking you got it for under your tree then it doesn't show? I believe if they(UPS/FedEx)just said from the beginning "we'll do our best but no promises"not a word would have been said.

But is that $100 guarantee from UPS? No. It's from the seller to make extra money. What do they care. Take the extra $100, toss it in the system and normally all is good. But when that shipper knowing takes that fee and tosses that toy into an already back logged system then who's really not keeping their end of the promise?

As far as little Suzie maybe mom can't teach her that the world doesn't revolve around the possession of a toy.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Maybe we should get out of the express shipping business since it only facilitates irresponsibility.
I assume that was tongue in cheek.
Unfortunately, premium services pays the bills.
Ground mostly pays for the infrastructure on which premium rides the wave.
A ground based UPS is a company going out of business.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'd tell little Suzie that life isn't fair....here have a trophy!!

Marne Vet

I work in a Bonus Center. I mean a "Bone Us Center". We have a bunch of runners, and they're ruining the entire Center. These clowns come in an hour or two early to sort their own trucks. You shouldn't touch a package until you're on the clock! Then these ball-bags run their little D's off just to make an hour they would've gotten back in OT anyway if they just took their lunches! I see them every morning looking at the paperwork. Seeing how they did, and then bitching about not getting more, and why they're getting an extra split. Why?! Hey a-holes, you get more work if you run fast. Simple equation. You will NEVER continue to get done by 3 PM when they know they can jack you up, cut another trip, and they know you'll still run your little D's off. Two runners in my area that took over for 20+ year vets have now taken all my work. They cut my trip permanently, and I've had to bid a crappier area. Excuse me when I tell them to friend off when I hear them crying about getting more work. They brought it on themselves. If you have to be home every day by 4 PM then find a new job. Running your balls off and screwing everyone around you isn't the smart way to work, and you'll never make it to retirement as a runner.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I work in a Bonus Center. I mean a "Bone Us Center". We have a bunch of runners, and they're ruining the entire Center. These clowns come in an hour or two early to sort their own trucks. You shouldn't touch a package until you're on the clock! Then these ball-bags run their little D's off just to make an hour they would've gotten back in OT anyway if they just took their lunches! I see them every morning looking at the paperwork. Seeing how they did, and then bitching about not getting more, and why they're getting an extra split. Why?! Hey a-holes, you get more work if you run fast. Simple equation. You will NEVER continue to get done by 3 PM when they know they can jack you up, cut another trip, and they know you'll still run your little D's off. Two runners in my area that took over for 20+ year vets have now taken all my work. They cut my trip permanently, and I've had to bid a crappier area. Excuse me when I tell them to friend off when I hear them crying about getting more work. They brought it on themselves. If you have to be home every day by 4 PM then find a new job. Running your balls off and screwing everyone around you isn't the smart way to work, and you'll never make it to retirement as a runner.
So that's why some Christmas packages have been delayed. Clears it up.