UPS says some Christmas deliveries delayed

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Despite its failures to deliver on time packages this peak, UPS further damages itself today in WLA by doing the following..

1) delaying start times to 915am
2) Running a 15 min PCM to blah blah blah
3) Releasing its drivers on the road after 930am
4) RETURNING NDA COMMIT TO 1030AM

Now, do the math. If you leave the building at 940/45am and have to drive 20 to 30 mins to route, and you have 15 to 20 NDA packages... how many will be on time and how many will be late?

The methodology is ridiculous.

UPS believes its saving money by delaying start times, but then FAILS to calculate how much NDA it has to make service on before 1030am. Today, we will service fail plenty of NDA because of POOR PLANNING by UPS.

Its this kind of planning and thinking that got UPS into trouble in the first place and yet, no lessons were learned by the corporate execs who continue to drop the ball.

TOS.

tacken

Despite its failures to deliver on time packages this peak, UPS further damages itself today in WLA by doing the following..

1) delaying start times to 915am
2) Running a 15 min PCM to blah blah blah
3) Releasing its drivers on the road after 930am
4) RETURNING NDA COMMIT TO 1030AM

Now, do the math. If you leave the building at 940/45am and have to drive 20 to 30 mins to route, and you have 15 to 20 NDA packages... how many will be on time and how many will be late?

The methodology is ridiculous.

UPS believes its saving money by delaying start times, but then FAILS to calculate how much NDA it has to make service on before 1030am. Today, we will service fail plenty of NDA because of POOR PLANNING by UPS.

Its this kind of planning and thinking that got UPS into trouble in the first place and yet, no lessons were learned by the corporate execs who continue to drop the ball.

TOS.
Oh the almighty PCM have to have that. How many more years will this go on. Just send me the info via DIAD oh that woukd be to simple....

siouxman

siouxman
Im a 30 year driver and I think this peak has been difficult. I think the volume was greater than the air system could handle. Throw some bad weather in and we had a mess. I am grateful that people still depend on us for there shipping needs,for with out them I would not have a job. It is not our customers fault that we did not hold up our end. Be honest with them, learn from this peak season and keep working hard.

siouxman

siouxman
By Laura Stevens

United Parcel Service Inc. said on Tuesday it won't be able to deliver some packages in time for Christmas because last-minute air shipments proved greater than its network could handle this week.

"The volume of air packages in the UPS system did exceed capacity as demand was much greater than our forecast. It is a small percentage of shipments that are delayed and will not be delivered today," said spokeswoman Susan Rosenberg in a statement.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ups-says-some-christmas-deliveries-delayed-2013-12-24-18485153

As much as I like seeing UPS fail and being able to say "told you so" I still feel bad for the people who were waiting for a gift for Xmas that should have come but didn't.
I don't post much,I like to read most posts to see what everyones talking about. I read your post and was curious why you want ups to fail.?I sure dont agree with everything they do but I still want to have a job at the end of the day. Over the 30 years I have been at UPS Iv'e seen a lot of changes, some good some bad. They seem to reinvent themselves every so often. I respect your views but Im glad they are making money and my family is doing well because of it

Indecisi0n

I don't post much,I like to read most posts to see what everyones talking about. I read your post and was curious why you want ups to fail.?I sure dont agree with everything they do but I still want to have a job at the end of the day. Over the 30 years I have been at UPS Iv'e seen a lot of changes, some good some bad. They seem to reinvent themselves every so often. I respect your views but Im glad they are making money and my family is doing well because of it
I don't want to see them go under but I like when they get caught with their pants down.

oldngray

nowhere special
I don't want to see them go under but I like when they get caught with their pants down.
moon.gif

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Indecision is happiest when he catches anybody with their pants down (or anybody catches him with his pants down:surprised:.)

Catatonic

Nine Lives
That stupid ass, Juan Williams, said that people ought to sue UPS for not delivering their pkgs by Christmas.......Idiot!!
What's really stupid about these blowhards is they think the consignees are our customers.
They did not pay UPS anything, so how do we refund their charges.
Dumbbutts!

ActionJaxson

There is no guarantee of service during peak season, especially when there are acts of God from keeping us from delivering i.e. = ice storm. It's in the Terms and Tariffs Agreement with our shippers.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Walk in the door tonight and there is an Apple MacBook Pro on the kitchen table delivered UPS overnight. Only problem is that it isn't mine. Belongs to a neighbor about 6 houses to the west. Must have had a supervisor out delivering my neighborhood as no one here signed for it.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Parcel was shipped from Apple. Daughter called me around 2pm and let me know UPS had delivered the laptop and that it was for the neighbors. Told her to walk down the street and let them know we had their parcel and that I would deliver it when I got home. Guess they had received an email that the laptop was delivered and were outside frantically looking for it. Brought my DIAD home with me tonight and completed the delivery per the methods. Walked home with a bottle of wine. All is good.