UPS says Yes to Saturday Ground.

Would suck if they had some of us work Tuesday-Saturday in order to have coverage on Saturday without paying OT.
You don't think IE hasn't already thought of that. Our new Center Manager is former IE and he is one Penny pinching SOB. Rations out info notices like the cost comes out of his pocket. I most likely will make more money this year then any year I have worked because of this cheapskate.

JL 0513

Would suck if they had some of us work Tuesday-Saturday in order to have coverage on Saturday without paying OT.

Pretty certain that will be the scenario for many. From the way it sounds, Saturdays won't be an OT day. Scheduling may be modeled similarly to the Post Office where they are all on alternating schedules.

A lot of guys are saying they will NOT work Saturdays. This may not be a seniority thing. All drivers may be required on a rotational basis. One possibility is every one does 2 Saturdays a month.

What I find interesting is that the Post Office proposed dropping Saturdays in order to stop losing billions a year. Now we're going to start!

35years

Gravy route
Pretty certain that will be the scenario for many. From the way it sounds, Saturdays won't be an OT day. Scheduling may be modeled similarly to the Post Office where they are all on alternating schedules.

A lot of guys are saying they will NOT work Saturdays. This may not be a seniority thing. All drivers may be required on a rotational basis. One possibility is every one does 2 Saturdays a month.

Guess again.
Pure conjecture, and will never happen that way.
The Union will have to approve it, and seniority always rules.
New guys= Tue-Sat

JL 0513

Guess again.
Pure conjecture, and will never happen that way.
The Union will have to approve it, and seniority always rules.
New guys= Tue-Sat

I was just saying what may happen. Fact of the matter is we aren't sure exactly what they're going to do. Thing to remember is that on typical Mondays, a center may cut 10% of routes. Yet, much more than 10% of drivers will be working Saturdays. This means that either a bunch of guys would be doing 6 days or they would expand the driver force and then create a rotating scheduling system where guys are off on every weekday.

JL 0513

So if this is purely seniority based, not only do the older drivers with grown kids take all the summer weeks off, they will get Saturdays off. All the while, young drivers with young kids get no summer weeks off to spend with their kids and will now lose Saturdays with their kids too. It's an unfortunate irony but just the way it is.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Judging from a few of your posts, I would put you in one of two boxes. One, you are a runner gunner, and punch out every day by 18:30. Two, you are so broke that you have to work 50+ plus hours a week just to make ends meet, and that's why you bust guys balls for complaining about excessive overtime.
I think you're quoting the wrong person.